Connor Williams should be benched

links18

Reaction score
Everyone who watches the Cowboys knows that no player is benched for poor play.

The only way a player is replaced is if they get hurt.

If you hurt the old guy coach's feelings, you might get cut a la Taco.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We lost because of poor coaching. Garrett and the dc. Moore and dak did everything they could after digging out of a hole. Zimmer made Garrett look like the fool he is.
We lost because Cook banged the D for 186 total yards and a touch.
Fans can keep pointing the finger everywhere, but this Cowboys team is a pretty good team, except for the fact that this DL couldn't stop a dripping faucet much less elite backs like the Dalvin Cooks' of the league.
This D vs run is our Achilles heel, and every team knows it and will continue to exploit it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Williams whiffed on that combo block on the last run play. You could see Fredrick’s frustration. Just a high school like screw up.
If you are talking about the play where Zeke got tackled for the loss, Williams didn't miss the block, his job as to block at the 2nd level, and Frederick was supposed to get over to block the DT. Maybe Williams should have chipped the DT a little, I don't know, but Williams was not the guy with primary responsibility for the DT on that play.

As much as I don't care for the Teflon Con I am not sure what's true here as none of us are privy to what the blocking call was but here's the play at least. What I can see here is if Williams stands up 95 more before disengaging, Frederick could then push him to the left and into Griffen leaving a big hole for Zeke to cut back to the left of Martin which would have been enough for the 1st Down at least.

Williams-Whif-R.gif

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Zeke has done well in screens....Cowboys refuse to adjust the Boise State Playbook....as for Sweet Feet Pollard.....he got racked last night too with the porous run blocking and should be used as a pass catching back, but didn't he drop some balls last week?....has the OC taken him out due to lack of creativity?
perhaps he has fallen out of favor in the passing game but at least try him a few runs to the outside.