Convince me Payton is that much better than McCarthy

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
You can’t. Payton’s SB is over a decade ago, he’s had a generational qb, although Brees worries more about stats than wins.

maybe the Saints can get another rule change next year to help them out

superonyx

Reaction score
Who said we want either?

that’s like asking me to convince you that Roseann Barr is that such hotter than Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

or that the “clap” is better than chlamydia.

no thanks

mattjames2010

Reaction score
i can’t personally, but one thing i will say maybe in defense of payton is that drew brees is overrated and a playoff choker that no one ever talks about.

....Rodgers is about as much of a choker. Brees has, at the very least, beat winning teams while trailing. Rodgers record there is terrible.

McCarthy is getting way too much crap on this board and most of it is baseless. If you want Dak to take the next step, you bring in McCarthy.

kskboys

Reaction score
i can’t personally, but one thing i will say maybe in defense of payton is that drew brees is overrated and a playoff choker that no one ever talks about.
Yup.

Me and a couple buds talk about this. Brees is good, yes, but also overrated.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Payton was on the verge of being run out of town after three straight 7-9 seasons before Loomis drafted Thomas and Kamara in back-to-back years. And now that he has them, he can't get out of the wild card round?
Yep. And his clock management and play calling down the stretch of games is terrible. Granted they made the field goal, but how do you end the 4th with a timeout in your backpocket? Very Garrett-esque

aria

Reaction score
He’s not. Payton is careless and over rated. If he were the coach of the Cowboys and made half the reckless calls he does as the coach of the Saints he would be torched by the fans and media (rightfully so). Anyone see him get bailed out by the false start flag while calling an unnecessary fake punt on his own 35 today?