Coop is an excellent route runner and a burner but he’s not a jump ball receiver

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Sorry Coop, but if you let freaking Lattimore shut your arse down...………….you can forget about Julio money, aint happening.

I dont care if we traded a first or not, I aint paying big money for what I saw tonight.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry Coop, but if you let freaking Lattimore shut your arse down...………….you can forget about Julio money, aint happening.

I dont care if we traded a first or not, I aint paying big money for what I saw tonight.

This is such a stupid comment and shows when ppl only actively watch cowboys games. I can show you MULTIPLE games per seasons where even the top guys like Hopkins, Julio, AB etc have been shut down. It happens

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jason Witten’s fumble was huge. Would have been 1st and 10 on their 44. Good chance we at least get 3.

Both offensive fumbles were huge but that was not what that other post was talking about. They were complaining about the TE production even though witten was better than cooper and cob. Jarwin had a good catch.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Never said it was. Although it was part of why we lost.

Fumbles
Dropped passes
Penalties
O-Line got abused Zeke was 18 for 35
1-Tech got abused up the middle all night
Coaching issue

Back on topic, Gallup might be our best jump ball receiver but I’m not convinced that’s his strength either...

We have no jump ball guy...

+1

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Never said it was. Although it was part of why we lost.

Fumbles
Dropped passes
Penalties
O-Line got abused Zeke was 18 for 35
1-Tech got abused up the middle all night
Coaching issue

Back on topic, Gallup might be our best jump ball receiver but I’m not convinced that’s his strength either...

We have no jump ball guy...

We don't have a jump ball QB either. He's always struggled with that type of pass.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It looked like they locked Lattimore on most of the time. And he's actually had problems earlier in the year.

But you're right, Cooper had his bad games in Oakland. He had one tonight. It wasn't just drops, it was how he was running.
last I remember he had foot and ankle issue, maybe it was more then they admitted and with Gallup out , he tried to be the good solider and tough it out..

kento40

Reaction score
This is such a stupid comment and shows when ppl only actively watch cowboys games. I can show you MULTIPLE games per seasons where even the top guys like Hopkins, Julio, AB etc have been shut down. It happens
That's a bold face lie. You can name multiple games in multiple seasons when Julio got shutdown? The last time I can remember Julio getting actually shutdown was in 2018 against the Vikes. Coop isn't on the same planet talent wise as any of those receivers named. You're talking the tip of the elite iceberg now.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
How much was Apple on him? I imagine Lattimore was on Cooper a lot, and I wouldn't say he is subpar. But this is kind of Cooper's game, it always has been, He'll disappear a lot in a season or not come up big. Was his knock in Oakland.

That, and the drops. He's a dropping machine. Can't pay him #1 WR money. He's clearly a 2nd level WR.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That, and the drops. He's a dropping machine. Can't pay him #1 WR money. He's clearly a 2nd level WR.

Yep, his drop rate was almost historic

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Coopers-Drop-Rate-Ranks-Among-NFLs-Worst-479158283.html

Wrote Scott Barrett of PFF: “Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but they’re historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011) and Cooper (2015 and 2017).”

When things are clicking everywhere else, Cooper will make plays. But he seems to lose focus with adversity hits, it's why his best season was 2016. He'll always be this guy who has this random 180-200 yard game out of nowhere and then ghost for a stretch.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's a bold face lie. You can name multiple games in multiple seasons when Julio got shutdown? The last time I can remember Julio getting actually shutdown was in 2018 against the Vikes. Coop isn't on the same planet talent wise as any of those receivers named. You're talking the tip of the elite iceberg now.

A quick google search will show you how stupid and wrong you are. Talking out the side of your neck.

kento40

Reaction score
A quick google search will show you how stupid and wrong you are. Talking out the side of your neck.
By all means genius, link us to the google search that shows Julio being shutdown multiple games in multiple seasons. I'm not even asking for all of the people you listed, just Julio. Shooting insults instead of producing evidence seems to be recurring theme around this place.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coop is an excellent route runner and a burner but he’s not a jump ball receiver..

Who is our best jump ball possession guy? Jarwin?:huh:

No we’re not bringing back Dez he lost his jumping abilities long ago.

We need to draft a better TE...

The TE's were pretty darn good last night, except for Witten's fumble. 7 receptions for 99 yards.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The TE's were pretty darn good last night, except for Witten's fumble. 7 receptions for 99 yards.

Yeah that’s nice and all but not part of This Topic.. We have no jump ball possession receiver, we need 1.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
So Cooper needs a contract. Does Dallas sign him or let him go after trading a 1st round pick for him?

You have to wonder if his injury held him back tonight. To me it looked like Dak was looking at him a lot and staring down his receivers all night. Something he was not doing in the 1st three games. It could be because he didn;t have time to get set tonight. The OL was pretty mediocre all night.

Agree. He was pressured most of the night and didn't have the luxury of over 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that’s nice and all but not part of This Topic.. We have no jump ball possession receiver, we need 1.

You don't dump productive players and use a draft pick for a specialty talent that doesn't apply to most situations. It's nice to have that talent, but it is very much secondary to route running, instincts, understanding defenses and having good hands. Besides, Jarwin is not a small guy and he seems to be able to go up for balls pretty well.

Gallup is another that can go up and get a ball. He just happens to be injured right now.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
By all means genius, link us to the google search that shows Julio being shutdown multiple games in multiple seasons. I'm not even asking for all of the people you listed, just Julio. Shooting insults instead of producing evidence seems to be recurring theme around this place.

Your google works just as well as mine does. I have already googled it and seen his numbers which is how I KNOW you’re wrong. Go educate yourself please