Coop is an excellent route runner and a burner but he’s not a jump ball receiver

jnday

Reaction score
We shouldn’t have to rely on jump balls anymore. Kellen should scheme guys open like he did the first 3 games.
Considering the type of WRs that are on the roster and the QB, the team should have run more slants in the Saint’s game. Slants totally neutralizes the pass rush and they have been productive in other games.

jnday

Reaction score
We have no jump ball receiver and an inaccurate quarterback.

Cowboys!
That ruined Dez’s career. Romo could throw the jump ball and back shoulder fade and that fir Dez’s talents well. Dak does not have the ability to throw those passes and it made Dez useless for this team.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
That ruined Dez’s career. Romo could throw the jump ball and back shoulder fade and that fir Dez’s talents well. Dak does not have the ability to throw those passes and it made Dez useless for this team.

Dez had an innumerable amount of passes bounce off his hands from Dak. So much so that it seemed deliberate. Later Dez admitted his mind was not right.

Anywho Dak has improved tremendously as a passer. The forum pretend Villain is just jealous of Dak’s passer rating...

Proof

Reaction score
He was also "fine" in 2016 before, yet again, leading the league in drops in 2017. Apparently, you didn't research enough.

im not sure what point that makes? That he can potentially regress again?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Cooper is a very technical and controlled receiver. His game doesn’t involve out jumping his opponent and doesn’t need to. When you’re razor sharp as a route runner and quicker in/out of cuts than most CBs in the NFL you’re going to get open. Dak continuing to improve and getting his timing down with Cooper will make them unstoppable.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Cooper is a very technical and controlled receiver. His game doesn’t involve out jumping his opponent and doesn’t need to. When you’re razor sharp as a route runner and quicker in/out of cuts than most CBs in the NFL you’re going to get open. Dak continuing to improve and getting his timing down with Cooper will make them unstoppable.

There’s nothing wrong with what you’re saying it’s all correct however it has Nothing to do with This Thread Topic...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
im not sure what point that makes? That he can potentially regress again?

Maybe read my original post again? I specifically stated Cooper seems to play at his worst when everything around him isn't clicking. What was his best season? 2016 when the Raiders had Carr playing, at the time, when Carr was being discussed as an MVP candidate and the Raiders secured a playoff spot. In 2015 and 2017 when the Raiders sucked, that's when Cooper seemed to lose focus and his hands went to crap again. This really isn't bringing up the fact that even in his good seasons, he becomes a ghost with random flashes here and there. His big Philly game last year was not the first in his career, he did it with the Raiders too - this big 200 yard game just to go back to 2-3 catches for 20-30 yards.

I talked to Raiders fans about Cooper, those were their two biggest criticisms and there is this odd view of him here that this dude is just some relentless worker - that's not at all what Raiders fans said, they said he actually looks like he doesn't give a crap at times and that's when his play dips. If this season starts going south, I expect Cooper to lose focus again. Viewing him as a #1 receiver is a mistake.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
What could Sean Peyton or any other real NFL coach do with :

an Elite WR route runner and a burner.

huh?

Mannix

Reaction score
He sure didn't look like he "gave a crap" when he was interfered with....that pissed me off more than PI not being called.

Proof

Reaction score
Maybe read my original post again? I specifically stated Cooper seems to play at his worst when everything around him isn't clicking. What was his best season? 2016 when the Raiders had Carr playing, at the time, when Carr was being discussed as an MVP candidate and the Raiders secured a playoff spot. In 2015 and 2017 when the Raiders sucked, that's when Cooper seemed to lose focus and his hands went to crap again. This really isn't bringing up the fact that even in his good seasons, he becomes a ghost with random flashes here and there. His big Philly game last year was not the first in his career, he did it with the Raiders too - this big 200 yard game just to go back to 2-3 catches for 20-30 yards.

I talked to Raiders fans about Cooper, those were their two biggest criticisms and there is this odd view of him here that this dude is just some relentless worker - that's not at all what Raiders fans said, they said he actually looks like he doesn't give a crap at times and that's when his play dips. If this season starts going south, I expect Cooper to lose focus again. Viewing him as a #1 receiver is a mistake.

Yeah I guess I’m still not getting It. His Raider struggles were well documented and known. It was my reservation in trading for him. However, since he’s been here, he’s looked outstanding and for the most part has caught the ball very well, run exceptional routes, been a model citizen, and by all accounts been a hard worker. The Raiders are a very dysfunctional organization and I don’t really take anything that happened there or that their fans say very seriously. Until it surfaces here, I’m wholly satisfied with what Amari brings to the table and the team, and don’t really see any other way to view him than as a number 1.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I’m still not getting It. His Raider struggles were well documented and known. It was my reservation in trading for him. However, since he’s been here, he’s looked outstanding and for the most part has caught the ball very well, run exceptional routes, been a model citizen, and by all accounts been a hard worker. The Raiders are a very dysfunctional organization and I don’t really take anything that happened there or that their fans say very seriously. Until it surfaces here, I’m wholly satisfied with what Amari brings to the table and the team, and don’t really see any other way to view him than as a number 1.

He's leading in drops again. He ghosted at times last season LOL

"Outstanding" - He had 2 big games and one good game for us. We need to stop exaggerating.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

He’s not exceptional at fighting for the ball, he’s made his money getting separation. The plays we went back to didn’t allow for him to use his strength(s) and he was interfered with a great deal in this last game.

He was set up to fail. Running to a spot and turning around should be reserved for Witten alone, not burners like Cooop.

It’s like spending $500K on an exotic sports car and never getting beyond second gear...

Last edited:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Great. Now we need a jump ball receiver for the team to be successful. Where does it end?

At some point, the players and coaches we have, have to step up and get the job done..

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Great. Now we need a jump ball receiver for the team to be successful. Where does it end?

At some point, the players and coaches we have, have to step up and get the job done..

Nah the point of my thread stemmed from that last second desperation throw to end the game. If we are going to go backwards in play calling then we need the pieces...

Proof

Reaction score
He's leading in drops again. He ghosted at times last season LOL

"Outstanding" - He had 2 big games and one good game for us. We need to stop exaggerating.

Lol what???? No he isn’t. Eric Ebron is and a whole host of others. He’s got 2 through four games, and while I’d prefer he had none you’re exaggerating at best, flat out wrong at worst. He only played 9 games for us last year, so two MONSTER games in that span is a notable feat. The rest of the games he had either 75 yds and/or a td 5 times. That’s fantastic for a mid season acquisition and learning the playbook and forging chemistry on the fly. There’s maybe 2-3 receivers that don’t disappear here and there, how many number ones would you say exist? If you name them I will discredit them the same.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Nah the point of my thread stemmed from that last second desperation throw to end the game. If we are going to go backwards in play calling then we need the pieces...

My point was that it shouldn't have come down to that last second desperation throw. But I see your point.

Cmac

Reaction score
We need Gallup back in the worst way
Has Gallup become that more valuable so fast???.....last year Coop was the excuse for Dak…...now it's Gallup. Can we look at play calling and some errant (or off-target) throws too? Dak suppose to a field general now......and the lack of it always gets masked.....blame Zeke, Amari injured, Gallup injured, on & on...C'mon Man!

kskboys

Reaction score
Considering the type of WRs that are on the roster and the QB, the team should have run more slants in the Saint’s game. Slants totally neutralizes the pass rush and they have been productive in other games.
I was wondering about that. I didn't see them being run, but I was definitely whiskey drunk, so it's not a sure thing by any means.