Coop is an excellent route runner and a burner but he’s not a jump ball receiver

JohnBoy

Reaction score
We don't have a jump ball QB either. He's always struggled with that type of pass.

That may (or may not) be true, but he sure put it right where it needed to be last night. But 4 DBs on Cooper alone was too much to ask of any WR...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
That may (or may not) be true, but he sure put it right where it needed to be last night. But 4 DBs on Cooper alone was too much to ask of any WR...

Thanks, some stuff is pointless to respond to...:thumbup:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

An already low percentage throw was even less likely due to the QB's inability to perform said throw throughout his career. I'm not picking on dak for this 1 play but was responding to someone who said we need more jump ball guys but he's not a jump ball qb so far in his career.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Both offensive fumbles were huge but that was not what that other post was talking about. They were complaining about the TE production even though witten was better than cooper and cob. Jarwin had a good catch.

But for dropping the ball, Witten produced. The TEs went 7 receptions on 7 targets.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But for dropping the ball, Witten produced. The TEs went 7 receptions on 7 targets.

Agreed. Our TE's were the only ones really productive. Really disapointed in the wr's productivity. I just dont want another dez jump ball guy. Dak is better with a guy who can run decent routes, size wouldnt woul either.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Agreed. Our TE's were the only ones really productive. Really disapointed in the wr's productivity. I just dont want another dez jump ball guy. Dak is better with a guy who can run decent routes, size wouldnt woul either.

It's odd. TEs were effective. Passing on 1st down was effective. Instead of doing what they can't stop, we keep doing what doesn't work.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeah that’s nice and all but not part of This Topic.. We have no jump ball possession receiver, we need 1.

No. Jump balls are low percentage plays. But we could use a guy or two who is better with a body on him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's odd. TEs were effective. Passing on 1st down was effective. Instead of doing what they can't stop, we keep doing what doesn't work.

Doesnt Does sense. No pollard either. Hope they learn. We shall see.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He did not play well tonight. He let a very subpar CB stick with him and honestly, Coop beats a guy like that a lot.

The injury he got an MRI for is more than is being let on. It may be negative on tissue damage, but he needs it looked at.

Lattimore was mugging Coop all night long...and the Saints got away w/ it. Infact...that's what the Saints do every play. They just dare the refs to call PI on every play. And the refs don't.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dez in his prime was not a low percentage player. He has TD records...

The exception that proves the rule.

Dez in his prime was one of the greatest high point players of all time. Romo had gotten to MVP level by 2014. They were making jump balls work as part of the offense.

The number of players who can make that work as an intended play to work into an offense, as opposed to a play they *might* get when they're desperate enough to try it, is very small.

Moss, Fitzgerald, when they had the QBs. How many others?

And Dak has never shown the knack for it. Looks like he has improve his deep ball, so maybe he can get that accurate, but I doubt it.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The exception that proves the rule.

Dez in his prime was one of the greatest high point players of all time. Romo had gotten to MVP level by 2014. They were making jump balls work as part of the offense.

The number of players who can make that work as an intended play to work into an offense, as opposed to a play they *might* get when they're desperate enough to try it, is very small.

Moss, Fitzgerald, when they had the QBs. How many others?

And Dak has never shown the knack for it. Looks like he has improve his deep ball, so maybe he can get that accurate, but I doubt it.

Look all I’m slaying here is that IF one talent falls to us in the draft, pull the trigger till it goes click...

shabazz

Reaction score
Never said it was. Although it was part of why we lost.

Fumbles
Dropped passes
Penalties
O-Line got abused Zeke was 18 for 35
1-Tech got abused up the middle all night
Coaching issue

Back on topic, Gallup might be our best jump ball receiver but I’m not convinced that’s his strength either...

We have no jump ball guy...

Thank God this guy didn't make your list

Mannix

Reaction score
There is something about Coop that has never sat well with me....maybe it was hearing after the trade that some Raiders coaches had questioned his passion for the game. He does at times seem kind of aloof to the excitement of other teammates around him. What bothered me big time Sunday nite was he clearly had his arm grabbed on a 3rd down incompletion, but made absolutely zero attempt to try and buy a PI call immediately after...I mean, zero reaction to having his arm pulled down.....I'm screaming at the TV for a call, and he quietly jogs off the field. I dunno....something seems just kind of different about the guy.

Proof

Reaction score
I warned people about Cooper's drops all last year - he led the league in drops 2 out of his 4 seasons in the league. This was always a red flag, and it seems his bad hands pop up the most when things around him aren't going ideal.

I still don't view him as a #1 despite what we gave up for him. Only positive is, you can get by in this league without having a true #1 WR. Bad news is, you usually need a great QB for that.

we were all privy to that same information lol. he's been mostly sure-handed since arriving here and has made plenty of contested catches. had he not had a few catches stolen from him by questionable pi calls, we're likely not even having this conversation.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Thank God this guy didn't make your list

He was far from the reason why we lost. Sure he slightly over threw Cobb in the endzone, he was being blitzed, it happens. How bout Zeke being 18 for 35? O-line gets a pass? Or maybe they just worked us in the trenches. Must be nice to have a real 1-Tech...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
we were all privy to that same information lol. he's been mostly sure-handed since arriving here and has made plenty of contested catches. had he not had a few catches stolen from him by questionable pi calls, we're likely not even having this conversation.

He was also "fine" in 2016 before, yet again, leading the league in drops in 2017. Apparently, you didn't research enough.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never said it was. Although it was part of why we lost.

Fumbles
Dropped passes
Penalties
O-Line got abused Zeke was 18 for 35
1-Tech got abused up the middle all night
Coaching issue

Back on topic, Gallup might be our best jump ball receiver but I’m not convinced that’s his strength either...

We have no jump ball guy...

We have no jump ball receiver and an inaccurate quarterback.

Cowboys!