Signed by Cowboys Cooper agreed to terms

phildadon86

Reaction score
They did the same with the LB they traded to the Browns. Can't remember his name. But his contract was coming up, he was a bit of a head case I think, but not sure. They got a draft pick from the Browns.
NE now can get more players, or have extra picks to move up if they want.
Jamie Collins. Would have been a great addition for us too.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Read a little about why he flamed out in Arizona, but what happened in New England and especially Cleveland?

reddyuta

Reaction score
If the browns had kept him for 1 more game they could have got a comp pick for him.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I'll play alsong here. IF Cooper can play, we let Leary walk and use that money to resign Martin. Meanwhile, Collins and Green battle it out at RT and Free is finally off this roster. Works for me

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll play alsong here. IF Cooper can play, we let Leary walk and use that money to resign Martin. Meanwhile, Collins and Green battle it out at RT and Free is finally off this roster. Works for me

If we let Leary walk we are first ballot hall of fame idiots. You have a dominant young group there. The envy of the league. Keep it together and make do elsewhere. Resign Leary, move Collins to RT, cut Dak and let's do this in 2017.

MrMom

Reaction score
Per Archer he's only signed through the playoffs. I wonder if they are thinking of activating Tapper instead of Collins with Lawrence's back and Gregory's likely suspension.

Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer
The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to a deal with guard Jonathan Cooper, who worked out for the team Tuesday, that will last through the playoffs, according to sources. He will be an unrestricted free agent in March and could net the Cowboys a compensatory pick in 2018. Cooper was the seventh overall pick in 2013 by the Arizona Cardinals and was released last week by the Cleveland Browns.

Aven8

Reaction score
If we let Leary walk we are first ballot hall of fame idiots. You have a dominant young group there. The envy of the league. Keep it together and make do elsewhere. Resign Leary, move Collins to RT, cut Dak and let's do this in 2017.

I've never gotten the non love the team, and the fans show Leary. It's no accident that the run game came alive when he came in to start. He's our nastiest player on the team.

JBS

Reaction score
Sounds like he was signed for playoffs only

Maybe Tapper comes off IR and not Collins?

Reaction score
Wouldn't be the first player to salvage his career at his age, especially an offensive lineman, but flaming out in New England is definitely a major mark against him.

He did get hurt in training camp. His first with the team. Probably contributed to him not panning out there.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Possibly oline next year?
Smith Collins Fredrick Cooper Martin

erod

Reaction score
Only for the playoffs.

I suspect Looney is gone.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think that's a given. Leary is very likely to get a big contract, one that the Cowboys can't afford to match. They can't pay their entire line big money.

Well, I'm still of the mind-set that I would pay him because he's one of our top four linemen. Then, I'd let Collins compete with Free at right tackle.

Collins is only set to make $623,750 next year, so if he can beat out Free, we'd save nearly $5 million in 2017 that can go to other linemen's contracts. I wouldn't pay Collins until he clearly wins a starting job over either Leary or Free.

I know ultimately that a lot of money would be invested in the five starters, especially after we reup Martin, but I think we've seen that the investment is worth it.