Twitter: Cooper: I know I can lead the league in all categories if given the opportunity

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said they were worst pass protection team, but the notion that we have a dominant OL is now been busted. they are a very average OL right now....its not just Dak, but our running game is pretty bad too, which goes back to the OL again.
Big 10-4 on that.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I never said they were worst pass protection team, but the notion that we have a dominant OL is now been busted. they are a very average OL right now....its not just Dak, but our running game is pretty bad too, which goes back to the OL again.
You did bemoan your observation that Dak has a "DE on him in three seconds".

I'm only pointing out that nobody gets three seconds on average and the time Dak gets is very close to the top, and more than the big 3 QB's get. That indicates that pass protection is not near as bad a some are trying to make it out to be.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
After looking at the All-22 vs. the Cardinals it pretty much confirms some of my thoughts about Prescott since 2018. Too quick to check down. Too quick to take the underneath route. Some plays he won't let develop long enough for longer chunk plays. A quarterback can't see everything but he left more than a few deeper shots on the field last Sunday. It seems that he doesn't totally trust his arm or what he is seeing. It also seems that his anticipation is simply off.

Moore is the other half of the problem. Watch the tape of Detroit and Green Bay vs. Arizona and it will become quite clear how the Dallas approach was woefully insufficient. Run the damn ball (both teams ran heavy) and in Green Bay's case specifically, move your best chess piece (Adams) around and go after mismatches.

Dak is just not a "greedy", aggressive quarterback right now, at least not against better defenses. He is too quick to simply take what the defenses will give him, which is fine, to a point...that point being when you need to put the team on your back and light a fire...get the big mo back on your side. The thing you like about him is also the thing that you hate...meaning, you like that he is careful with the football, BUT it also means that he won't "push" the ball down the field consistently. Playing with a lead and a running game will obscure this...when he has neither then it's trouble. My other fear is simply that he has spent too much time under the influence and tutelage of guys like Linehan and Moore, his heir apparent.

And finally, there are two types of guy you simply don't want to be in life. 1) The guy who doesn't do what he is told and...2) The guy who ONLY does what he is told. I'm afraid that #2 might be Dak's mentality. He's gonna have to find some salty from somewhere.
Great post

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Which routes? I’m genuinely asking.

On an individual basis anything works across the field. Slants, crossers, etc. Nothing that requires the receiver to stop though. Then there are route combinations which send someone deep to keep the safety from getting over. If they double a receiver on the outside their safety either needs to be able to handle a 6'6" 250 tight end or a slot guy with 4.4 speed or better coming at him at full speed. Pick your poison. You have to threaten the defense down the middle to keep the safeties away.. The other way of course is to run the damn ball but we know Moore don't wanna do that.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
he is making 20M per years among tops in WRs. in fact he is 4th, so he better be a dominating presence out there and be better than catching 3 for 18 in 7 targets....and that's been him pretty much all season. he is paid top 4, but plays like 15-20 range and has been that for a few years.....
He ain't dominating **** with Dak taking the snap.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Did you know that Amari Cooper has 3 200 yard games in his career? Two of them have been with Dak taking the snap.. He had 13 100 yard games in 54 starts in Oakland.. He has had 12 100 yard games in 46 starts in Dallas with Dak. He has had 6 double digit catch games in those 57 starts in Dallas.. He had 4 in Oakland.. Seems like he's been quite a bit more productive with Dak taking the snap than he was with whomever was taking the snap in Oakland.. and obviously he was better last year with Dak than with the three stooges that followed... but yall aint hear dat from me. .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yet CD had over a 1000. Schultz has 800. Gallup in less than 9 games had 450 yards. Wilson had 450 yards, being the 3rd and 4th WR...

cooper has a history of disappearing in big games. not just this past game, that's his legacy

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Coop has a point, he's probably right, but his quotes don't translate into a quintessential team player very well.

Team first fellas, team first. There no "I" in TEAM.

Bill Parcells and Jimmy Johnson wouldn't care two $hits about his stats compared to wins and losses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he would have zero shot at getting to cooper kupps numbers. never once hes always had a low TD count all his creer and he needs to have time to get open vs cupp smallish wr slot type guys get open at the snap and are more QB friendly.

I like AC but hes not elite. hes top wrs yes not elite.hurt too much and doesn't look motivated every snap to get open.. i like hes speaking up maybe little too late but he is who he is because oif himself, that's a fact,

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did you know that Amari Cooper has 3 200 yard games in his career? Two of them have been with Dak taking the snap.. He had 13 100 yard games in 54 starts in Oakland.. He has had 12 100 yard games in 46 starts in Dallas with Dak. He has had 6 double digit catch games in those 57 starts in Dallas.. He had 4 in Oakland.. Seems like he's been quite a bit more productive with Dak taking the snap than he was with whomever was taking the snap in Oakland.. and obviously he was better last year with Dak than with the three stooges that followed... but yall aint hear dat from me. .
dont bring in facts and common sense.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope not.

We better fing BURY and curt HEADS off everyone we face.

This sand bagging crap...just excuses to soothe your disappointment and heart break. .

"Surely they are hiding weapons as we move further down the seed column and aren't HONED like a MFER for playoffs".

Cowboys Lover--- yes want to excuse and soothe my disappointment and heart break...I just want us to have most all our starters healthy except for Gallup but we got the other TE coming back as

big weapon down the middle hoping that negates loss of Gallup?....Dak does play better in playoffs games....he has not laid egg per say....the loss to rams 2018-19 season due to no big boys on

interior defensive line...i sitll hold out hope for that miracle out of nowhere 2017 Sheagles team that no one expected to do much and they mowed em all down to the Lombardi with 2nd string QB

i know that may sound like pipe dream....but its possible....maybe our Oline out of nowhere becomes "Beastly"?...maybe Zeke and Pollard play out of their minds?....Maybe cooper and Ceedee

and out 2 TE's who can both "bring it" step up like crazy?....maybe 4th receiver Wilson brings his majic including passing down field?...maybe our defense steps up like no other time during season?

I know a lot of "ifs" and not many would lay down a big bet it occurs...although i still got my Quradruple Plat we make it to NFC champ game....maybe Covid decimates our opponents?....I am just

not at all ready or close to throwing in the towel....we see the Cards again look out...we had 10 penalties at crucial drive killing times....a kicker who missed broad side of barn...some key drops

and we still only loss by 3...and had we the time out needed...we get ball back with 2.51 with obvious fumble..... love to see Cards again....dont really want to see Rams...but not afraid of them either

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

If by opportunity, he means if he could stay healthy, then I agree. He has the skills to do it when he's not nursing injuries, but it seems like he's always got a lower-body injury. So while we can acknowledge that the ball needs to come his way more, we can also acknowledge that injuries would keep him from ever "leading the league in all categories" even if it did.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys Lover--- yes want to excuse and soothe my disappointment and heart break...I just want us to have most all our starters healthy except for Gallup but we got the other TE coming back as

big weapon down the middle hoping that negates loss of Gallup?....Dak does play better in playoffs games....he has not laid egg per say....the loss to rams 2018-19 season due to no big boys on

interior defensive line...i sitll hold out hope for that miracle out of nowhere 2017 Sheagles team that no one expected to do much and they mowed em all down to the Lombardi with 2nd string QB

i know that may sound like pipe dream....but its possible....maybe our Oline out of nowhere becomes "Beastly"?...maybe Zeke and Pollard play out of their minds?....Maybe cooper and Ceedee

and out 2 TE's who can both "bring it" step up like crazy?....maybe 4th receiver Wilson brings his majic including passing down field?...maybe our defense steps up like no other time during season?

I know a lot of "ifs" and not many would lay down a big bet it occurs...although i still got my Quradruple Plat we make it to NFC champ game....maybe Covid decimates our opponents?....I am just

not at all ready or close to throwing in the towel....we see the Cards again look out...we had 10 penalties at crucial drive killing times....a kicker who missed broad side of barn...some key drops

and we still only loss by 3...and had we the time out needed...we get ball back with 2.51 with obvious fumble..... love to see Cards again....dont really want to see Rams...but not afraid of them either
I'm not throwing any towels either. GO COWBOYS!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You did bemoan your observation that Dak has a "DE on him in three seconds".

I'm only pointing out that nobody gets three seconds on average and the time Dak gets is very close to the top, and more than the big 3 QB's get. That indicates that pass protection is not near as bad a some are trying to make it out to be.

agree....Dak has more than enough time for the most part.....he needs to quicken his reading of post snap defense and throw receivers open more....this tentativeness i have seen concerns me

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know it's a mean thing to do when people get a perfectly good narrative going.. but sometimes I can't help myself.

Ronnie bring the truth...like Cowboys going to beat up the NFL come playoff time right?

Shane612

Reaction score
It seems Cooler lacks the Irvin competitive intensity, competitive fire.
He's too cool for school.
:muttley: