Twitter: Cooper: I know I can lead the league in all categories if given the opportunity

RonnieT24

Reaction score
"There are Lies, dam lies, then there are stats".
I know what I see. I see our line get pushed back. I see our QB tripping over their feet...as he's backing up!

Stats can be useful with context...but they don;t tell the whole story. I won't blame only the oline for any offensive problems but I won't completely absolve them either.

Yeah those PFF ratings that keep telling us that the Cowboys line is one of the best in the league are truly befuddling for me. I mean I have Sunday Ticket.. I watch a LOT of other games and other teams.. and I see 5-6 lines playing better than ours every week. The Colts are getting Taylor to the second level untouched with startling regularity.. but we're supposed to believe they are an inferior run blocking line to ours? Same with Cleveland.. Chubb has had multiple 50+ yard runs when the first guy to touch him was a safety 35 yards downfield.. He has two runs over 40 yards where nobody touched him on his way to the end zone.. But they're not as good at run blocking as our line? Derrick Henry was doing the same in Tennessee before he went down.. Somebody wanna watch the 49ers open huge holes for any back they bring in off the street and tell me our line is blocking better than them? Maybe individually the guys are still good but as a unit they stink. There is leakage on damn near every play pass or run.. and if that doesn't get fixed this offense is going to continue to sputter..

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
"There are Lies, dam lies, then there are stats".
I know what I see. I see our line get pushed back. I see our QB tripping over their feet...as he's backing up!

Stats can be useful with context...but they don;t tell the whole story. I won't blame only the oline for any offensive problems but I won't completely absolve them either.

True.

My eye test told me the pass protection wasn't as bad as it was being made out to be so I went looking for the numbers, now that there is a significant sample size. The numbers corroborated what my eyes were telling me.

I don't think it can be denied that at the very least Dak is getting as good protection as the majority of the league. Maybe there are other problems that lead to needing even more than what most are getting.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Last three games he is 15th at 2.3 sacks per game.

Couple other interesting numbers.
Home- 1.6 sacks/game, Third best in the league.
Away- 2.4 sacks/game, Twentieth best in the league.

Last season- 2.8 sacks per game, 25th best in the league.

No matter how you cut it, the Cowboys are far from the worst at pass protection.

In another thread I posted these stats and the comparison with Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes. Dak had better protection than all of them.

Maybe not.. but Zeke gets a lot of credit for preventing sacks as does Dak for his ability to muscle out of tackles and get the ball off. And let's not dismiss how quickly he gets rid of the ball when he sees the defense clearly. Early in the season he was #2 in that category.. I don't know where he ranks since the "slump" but I'm guessing he has fallen a few slots. But that's what the defenses are trying to force him to do.. take the short throws and keep moving the chains. If he is patient and sticks to that the offense will still function. As long as there are not stupid holding penalties. Where things break down is when Dak gets greedy.. He can't lost patience and try to force things. Throwing the ball away or dumping it off is better than a sack or a pick.. He has got to accept that.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Dak has an embarrassment of riches at WR and he keeps dinking and dunking to zeke for 2 years . Then when the team is down 14 points he starts passing to the WRs and the empty calorie yards accumulate. We have seen this movie before with Dak . A grossly overpaid QB by any measure
:hammer:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
At least we have a guy making 20 million a year who isn’t just collecting a paycheck and laughing. We have a guy who actually wants to earn his money and win. WTH is wrong with that?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
At least we have a guy making 20 million a year who isn’t just collecting a paycheck and laughing. We have a guy who actually wants to earn his money and win. WTH is wrong with that?

Not a damn thing.. I like players who care.. I love that Coop is showing himself to be one of them. This is not a "problem" as some are making it out to be.. This is how problems get fixed.. You identify them, you talk about them, you work together to find a solution.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Yeah it's difficult for me to believe any corner can really shut him down. But remember it isn't always just him and the corner. Teams are smart enough to shade safeties to his side in obvious passing situations. When that happens a risk averse QB like Dak is going to read "throw it elsewhere." Moore's offense just needs to adjust to include options that remove the ability for the safety to get involved. There are plenty such routes.. but we don't seem to use a lot of them.

Which routes? I’m genuinely asking.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Do you think the offense can afford to not have #19 on the team? Are you citing money as the reason?

Several reasons;
Based on his recent comments, he's obviously unhappy with his production
His contract has an out after this season
Jerry calling him selfish for missing a couple of games coz of CV19
Hard to justify his production for what $ 18-20M
Gallup injury has created a cheaper option to bring him back although he could miss the first few games of the season

Bottom line, it's much easier/cheaper to now resign Gallup and get the same Coop production

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's embarrassed dak, so you better expect him to get the ball a bunch this game. i hope coop has his jump shoes on and has done a lot of stretching because if not he's not catching crap.

BigD_95

Reaction score

Its a shame that Moore is that bad of an OC to not figure out how to get balls to this guy. He might be the best rout runner in the NFL and is just used more as a decoy. Look at other teams that just find ways to get their best players open . Obviously you also have the issue of Dak as the QB too. He is difficulty reading the defense and seems late on a lot of the throws not to mention his accuracy issues.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Last three games he is 15th at 2.3 sacks per game.

Couple other interesting numbers.
Home- 1.6 sacks/game, Third best in the league.
Away- 2.4 sacks/game, Twentieth best in the league.

Last season- 2.8 sacks per game, 25th best in the league.

No matter how you cut it, the Cowboys are far from the worst at pass protection.

In another thread I posted these stats and the comparison with Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes. Dak had better protection than all of them.
I never said they were worst pass protection team, but the notion that we have a dominant OL is now been busted. they are a very average OL right now....its not just Dak, but our running game is pretty bad too, which goes back to the OL again.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Amari better be careful or he'll get scapegoated like Dez did.
he is making 20M per years among tops in WRs. in fact he is 4th, so he better be a dominating presence out there and be better than catching 3 for 18 in 7 targets....and that's been him pretty much all season. he is paid top 4, but plays like 15-20 range and has been that for a few years.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His QB can't read a defense. His production will always be hit and miss if he's playing with Dak.
CD got to a 1000 with much less targets. gallup in less than 9 games has 445 yards and 12.7/reception. schultz has 800 yards and 10.5 average. cedric wilson has 483 yards as the 3rd and 4th WR.

so these other recievers are doing much better with less chances with the same QB....

Amari needs to step up. we are paying 20M, 4th highest salary to a part time WR

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My comment had nothing to do with his post Dallas career but everything to do how people spoke **** about him when he made comments about not getting the ball,like Cooper is now....common denominator? Qb1...keep up or keep out with the conversation with Your idiot comment.
Dez was done. he was often injured. he slowed down and he was never a good route runner. as he lost speed and had to deal with foot injuries, he couldn't get separation. and typical Dez, he pointed fingers..... Dez wasn't all that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True.

My eye test told me the pass protection wasn't as bad as it was being made out to be so I went looking for the numbers, now that there is a significant sample size. The numbers corroborated what my eyes were telling me.

I don't think it can be denied that at the very least Dak is getting as good protection as the majority of the league. Maybe there are other problems that lead to needing even more than what most are getting.
I dig.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez was done. he was often injured. he slowed down and he was never a good route runner. as he lost speed and had to deal with foot injuries, he couldn't get separation. and typical Dez, he pointed fingers..... Dez wasn't all that.
I will never forget Dez had a meltdown....his next play he dropped an easy sideline pass...drive killed.

He was a fighter....but...let his head get in the way sometimes.