Twitter: Cooper is Filthy

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not to the extent of Cowboy fans.

No one on the philly, Giants, or deadskins boards are proclaiming their QB is better than Mahomes :lmao2:
Ummm. I have seen multiple philly fans on their boards saying Wentz was the next coming of Montana and Marino combined.

quickccc

Reaction score
Dude, many of us who were against the trade ate our crow at the end of the regular season last year and were cheering thereafter. Time to let it drop. Some of us just did not think it was worth a first at the time...and ate our words not long after.

Some were indeed griping about the lack of a first during the draft, but most were happy to have Coop at that point.

I want him to stay a Cowboy. I'm not sure what is going on with contracts regarding the few players coming up who need to be signed, but they see how this team plays without him compared to how it plays with him. I think he'll get tagged if he doesn't get a contract.

Again only thing is ..if Dak doesn't get that new extension signed during the season, the club will have the safe insurance and designate the franchise tag to Dak, ...and thus Cooper without any franchise tag can test the FA market to the highest bidder.
Franchise tag buys you more time to settle agreements, but we won't have that option if Dak is F-tagged

I heard local sports radio guys talking about transitional tag and i'm not sure how that works in regards to a UFA, and I thought that tag was more designated for a Restricted FA which Cooper isn't.
there used to be a saying that if Jerry really wants to keep his own FA players, they simply get re-signed .. but when is there a final ending to that streak when Cooper is gonna to demand to
be the highest paid WR in the NFL - even ahead of Julio Jones ?
I just heard Jerry per interview say when they traded a No. 1 for Cooper they had set in mind that he'd be a Cowboy for remaining of his career. But Jerry is ever the optimistic one, i'd never expect
him to say differently.
Maybe just me, but more and more, I think Cooper is going to walk away from Cowboys as a FA.

quickccc

Reaction score
Dude, many of us who were against the trade ate our crow at the end of the regular season last year and were cheering thereafter. Time to let it drop. Some of us just did not think it was worth a first at the time...and ate our words not long after.

Some were indeed griping about the lack of a first during the draft, but most were happy to have Coop at that point.

I want him to stay a Cowboy. I'm not sure what is going on with contracts regarding the few players coming up who need to be signed, but they see how this team plays without him compared to how it plays with him. I think he'll get tagged if he doesn't get a contract.

at the initial time, I admit i was only in question with the team giving a No. 1 pick that was looking like it was going to be potential top 5 overall pick for a WR, even if he was a pro bowler.
I had no qualms if it's a No. 1 and we were in the driver seat to a winning season and at the bottom of the 1st round, but top five overall pick ?

But a day after the trade, when I let it settle and thought it over, .. was there a WR in college coming out and into the NFL draft that was going to be the equal of a young Amari Cooper ?
Was there even a WR prospect in the top 5 overall that was the equal or better than Cooper ?

Also, there were reports that had the Eagles willing to offer one of their two 2nd rounders for Cooper, they were bidders against us, and like us,..they were going for the big immediate impact player.
Imagine Cooper playing against us in an Eagles uniform.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cooper is just special..his routes may be the best in the league with only a couple exceptions. The guy is a warrior when the ball is in the air. He beat a really good corner the other night..

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I agree with the tweet that said he should have drawn a flag for the defenseless hit. It was pretty much the same thing we got flagged for earlier in the game. The fact that everything is a judgement call now makes things so inconsistent and hard to watch.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper is just special..his routes may be the best in the league with only a couple exceptions. The guy is a warrior when the ball is in the air. He beat a really good corner the other night..
Aikman says Cooper is the best route runner that he has seen...

Jumbo075

Reaction score
How often does this actually happen though? You're acting as if this current front office has 10+ years of incredible finds and intelligent acquisitions when it's been the complete opposite. We've drafted incredibly well I will give them that but there's been so many mistakes over the years. So many times the fan base does know best like getting rid of Linehan, not wanting Taco, not wanting Eberflus to go, etc, etc, etc...More times than not the fan base is correct.
This isn't the Patriots we're talking about here.

You don't have good perspective. Every NFL front office has more misses than hits. 90 man summer rosters that consist of 40-50 new guys are pared down where only a handful of newbies make the team. Of those handful, only a fraction of those make good. If you get 3-4 new starters out of 40-50 new guys each season, that is considered a GOOD payback on investment. Unlike Baseball, where batting 0.300 gets you near the Hall of Fame, NFL front offices are doing spectacular if they bat 0.100, and a good year is batting 0.050 - i.e. 2 new rookies who become long-term starters.

You can rage all you want about all the bad decisions the Cowboys front office makes, and you'll never run out of examples. But it's the good decisions that make the difference, not all the bad ones. Every team fails more often than they succeed when it comes to personnel.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Their hands are better clearly and route running is just as good if not better.

Coop was never considered the best route runner in the league until he got to Dallas. Which is why I said Cowboys fans overrate our players.

Thielens numbers these past two years are better than anything Coop has ever done.

diggs gets hit with the dropsies every now and then too. I was watching Vikings last week and a ball bounce straight off his hands and went to the corner for an interception. I have seen nothing that says their route running is better than his. You’re underrating coop

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re wrong. Fake Scout

We are talking about route-running. I would say watch Vikings all-22 but you dont know what you are watching :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Aikman says Cooper is the best route runner in the league...

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
diggs gets hit with the dropsies every now and then too. I was watching Vikings last week and a ball bounce straight off his hands and went to the corner for an interception. I have seen nothing that says their route running is better than his. You’re underrating coop
Are you insinuating Diggs’ hands arent superior to Cooper’s?

Wow

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Aikman says Cooper is the best route runner in the league...
Aikman also said Romo was better than him

Aikman also said Dak is inaccurate

“It doesn’t matter how tough you are. It doesn’t matter how smart you are or what a great leader you are. None of that stuff matters if you can’t put the ball where you have to put it. I’ve seen too many errant throws in that regard, and then there needs to be a little more anticipation.”

Anymore poor football takes in you today? Or are you done?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Adam Thielen's two best seasons:
2017 - 16 games, 91 receptions, 1276 yards, 4 TD's (14.0 ypc, 0.25 TD/game)
2018 - 16 games, 113 receptions, 1373 yards, 9 TD's (12.15 ypc, 0.56 TD/game)

Amari Cooper's first 16 games in Dallas
2018-2019 - 16 games, 91 receptions, 1346 yards, 11 TD's (14.8 ypc, .69 TD/game)

Conclusion, Cooper has been more productive on a Yards/Catch and TD/game basis. Thielen had more opportunities to catch the ball with 295 targets in 2017 & 2018 - an average of 147.5 targets per season. Meanwhile, Cooper has had only 126 targets in his first 16 games in Dallas. On a per target basis, here is the productivity breakdown:

Theilen
  • Yards per Target - 9.0
  • Targets per TD - 22.7
Cooper (in Dallas)
  • Yards per Target - 10.7
  • Targets per TD - 11.5
Cooper clearly leads Thielen in productivity in Yards per target, and he scores twice as often as Thielen when he touches the ball.

I rest my case.

P.S. Stefan Diggs
  • Yards per target - 8.4
  • Targets per TD - 17.2

Last edited:

cowboyed

Reaction score
He’s disgusting

like squeezing salmon juice into a bag of funyons crushing it up and running it under the rim of a toilet disgusting

that man was worth that first!

Cooper is so amazing that he could fart in the club sauna and he'd be gone before the smell would hit your nostrils.