Cooper Rush arm strength is concerning

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment of the game is Cooper Rush. He may know the playbook and work well with the second team, but his arm strength is concerning. He also reminds me too much of Garrett.

I would prefer us to go with Trey Lance as the second QB. Jerry traded for him, and it's time to see what we've got in him. Cutting Rush, which they probably won't do, would be a better alternative.

Rush won't win games. When he filled in for Dak, it was the defense that won us games, not Rush. I wish they would just replace him. We can find better prospects than him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The biggest disappointment of the game is Cooper Rush. He may know the playbook and work well with the second team, but his arm strength is concerning. He also reminds me too much of Garrett.

I would prefer us to go with Trey Lance as the second QB. Jerry traded for him, and it's time to see what we've got in him. Cutting Rush, which they probably won't do, would be a better alternative.

Rush won't win games. When he filled in for Dak, it was the defense that won us games, not Rush. I wish they would just replace him. We can find better prospects than him.
if Rush had any arm Strength, he would have been a first or second round pick probably.

Jipper

Reaction score
It's the same arm strength he has always had. Not sure why that was the biggest disappointment of the game when nothing has changed.
I was thinking thr same - nothing concerning about Cooper Rush as he is what he is at this point...the only thing concerning is why Lance hasn't beat him out yet for the number 2 spot.

Flamma

Reaction score
Besides the defense, he didn't turn the ball over in those wins. Dallas only gave up 19 points to the 49ers in our last playoff game with them, our D didn't win there.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Rush is fine. He is what he always was. That he didn't win the games he won is nonsense. Just like Dak he as the Quarterback plays a major role in any win or loss. Just by not turning it over and great discipline in clock management he contributed to those wins a lot.

Still, Lance can beat him for the QB2 position.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I’m fine if they say “hey, lance is number 2” but you can’t say the number 2 quarterback who went 5-1 and kept the season afloat doesn’t win games, when he did just that.

Sure, statistically he didn’t light the world on fire but he came in, managed the game and achieved exactly what he was supposed to

CWR

Reaction score
I’m fine if they say “hey, lance is number 2” but you can’t say the number 2 quarterback who went 5-1 and kept the season afloat doesn’t win games, when he did just that.

Sure, statistically he didn’t light the world on fire but he came in, managed the game and achieved exactly what he was supposed to
Obviously the defense gets a lot of credit, but like you said he did what he was supposed to. I give him all the credit in the world, because I was team tank after week 1. They actually suprised me in a GOOD way.

Flamma

Reaction score
We already know who he is. I'm not sure why anyone would expect different. He's a decent back up and that's his ceiling.
Yes. It's his arm that holds him back. He has arc in passes that shouldn't have arc. If he just had an average arm, he'd be a starter in this league.

Carson

Reaction score
The reason Rush won’t be cut is because he’s cheap.

Lance‘s deal is up next year. No chance they will pay Dak AND Lance.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The reason Rush won’t be cut is because he’s cheap.

Lance‘s deal is up next year. No chance they will pay Dak AND Lance.
I mean it depends on the salary. I’ve seen nothing to suggest Lance should get more than what Rush does as a backup. But he will.

shabazz

Reaction score
I mean it depends on the salary. I’ve seen nothing to suggest Lance should get more than what Rush does as a backup. But he will.
Today's game cherishes hybrid mobile quarterbacks

Lance's athleticism and good enough arm strength make him viable......it's those things that can't be coached.

Probably one off the biggest reasons Trevor Lawrence was given the bag....potential

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
What I remember about Cooper Rush from those 6 games he started for the boys was he actually surprised the defense by throwing down the field deeper than we do with "dink and dunk Dak". Whether that was game planned in by MM or not, I don't know, but it threw the opposing D's off enough that it opened up some other parts of the offense enough to get us some wins.
I don't want Cooper having to start an entire season for us, but he did change things up enough to help get us 4-5 wins.
I think the rest of the entire team played with more urgency too while he was on the field and that contributed to the success he had.
I would find a way to keep both Lance and Rush as backups. jmo.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Coop, but I'd bet if we cut him no one else would pick him up. Not sure with the new rules if he's PS eligible, but if he was I would stash him there, make Lance the number 2 and call him up if slak got injured.