Cooper Rush arm strength is concerning

conner01

Reaction score
The biggest disappointment of the game is Cooper Rush. He may know the playbook and work well with the second team, but his arm strength is concerning. He also reminds me too much of Garrett.

I would prefer us to go with Trey Lance as the second QB. Jerry traded for him, and it's time to see what we've got in him. Cutting Rush, which they probably won't do, would be a better alternative.

Rush won't win games. When he filled in for Dak, it was the defense that won us games, not Rush. I wish they would just replace him. We can find better prospects than him.
He’s never had a strong arm. But he can run the system. The issue is you can keep 3 but you can’t keep 3 making the money out 3 make

erod

Reaction score
Lance had one good throw deep in the last quarter. Still I would take him over noodle arm Cooper Rush.
Lance reads nothing right now. A starting defense running actual schemes would destroy Lance. He wouldn't throw for 100 yards in a game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking thr same - nothing concerning about Cooper Rush as he is what he is at this point...the only thing concerning is why Lance hasn't beat him out yet for the number 2 spot.
Actually I do not recall they announced 2nd and 3rd team QB yet.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The biggest disappointment of the game is Cooper Rush. He may know the playbook and work well with the second team, but his arm strength is concerning. He also reminds me too much of Garrett.

I would prefer us to go with Trey Lance as the second QB. Jerry traded for him, and it's time to see what we've got in him. Cutting Rush, which they probably won't do, would be a better alternative.

Rush won't win games. When he filled in for Dak, it was the defense that won us games, not Rush. I wish they would just replace him. We can find better prospects than him.
Actually his arm was OK when he began filling in for Dak. After about 3 weeks there was a drop off. Now he's a couple years older he might be morphing into
The red headed stepchild.

lwehlers

Reaction score
If Rush had arm strength, he’d be starting somewhere…
i would also believe that rush would be a starting qb if he had a better arm strength. heck rush is probably better than both of the raiders qbs.

Plankton

Reaction score
Cooper Rush and arm strength should never be in the same sentence.

nobody

Reaction score
Guys are wide open, and he's not even looking at them. He knows where he's going with the ball before the snap.
So, he's doing the same thing our starting QB does a lot?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Lance reads nothing right now. A starting defense running actual schemes would destroy Lance. He wouldn't throw for 100 yards in a game.
Maybe. But he sure will change the dynamics of our offense if he is in there. Rush offers nothing. He knows the plays. But should not even be a backup in the NFL.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Actually his arm was OK when he began filling in for Dak. After about 3 weeks there was a drop off. Now he's a couple years older he might be morphing into
The red headed stepchild.
Cooper Rush arm is going to be a complete liability during the season. At least we can use Lance's mobility to get yardage. Something Rush can never do.

Just cut Rush and promote Lance to #2.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Rush is diffidently the best option after Prescott. Lance will get eaten up by 1st string defenses. In two preseason games Lance has proven that he's not close to being a starter or No 2 QB in the NFL, he's just not. He may get a few yards with his legs here and there, but when it comes to beating teams with his arm, that's a completely different story, that's not going to happen.
Rush lack of arm strength is already a liability. Watch how the defense can already defend the pass when Rush is in there. Rush doesn't offer anything special.

Havic

Reaction score
Rush is a smart qb who knows his limitations. The defense carried him when Dak went down and he got exposed vs Philly. I'm ok going with 2 Qb's with Lance as the 2

Chasing6

Reaction score

Big arm check down is not concerning???