Cooper Rush Failed

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Near zero probability of winning with 3 INTs vs a good team.

The defense held the Eagles to the 2nd lowest total yards and lowest passing yards of any opponent this season.

The Eagles offense had a short field multiple times. The 85 Bears defense would not win that type of game.

I agree. Defense played amazing. Hurts looked lost out there. Didnt let him run and he was uncomfortable in the pocket all night long.

Rush had a good run game, great defense, health at WR, everything he could have wanted on the night. He simply blew it.

Blackrain

Reaction score
What..you think Dak made the call? again Jerry jones told you 4 weeks..every other medical pro said 6 to 8..how is this a thing for some of you. The man had a plate and seven screws put in his hand 5 weeks ago..jesus.
My collarbone was broken in three places I had it surgically repaired with a plate and eight screws along with four broken ribs on the same side.
I was back out to work doing landscaping the day after my surgery with my arm and a sling using my other arm.
I am 59 years old
A 28 years old with 5 weeks of rest he should be able to move mountains I don't want to hear it he should have led the team against the Eagles.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. He was a success. If anybody told you at the beginning of the season we lose Dak for games 2-6 and that we go 4-1 through that stretch you would have said "sign me up"!!
4-1 as a starter this season.

He set us up nicely to go on a run and make the playoffs.

Many projected (myself included) we would be 1-5 or 2-4 at this point

The thread is specific to the Eagles game.

I appreciate that he was able to win games, but the concept that he could be a full time starter is not realistic.

In the Eagles game, he had a good defense and good run game production with the top 3 WRs all healthy and the young TEs catching the ball when it's catchable.

The INTs that Rush threw were the difference in the game.

INT #1: Eagles then scored a TD
INT #2: Eagles then kicked a Field Goal
INT #3: Eagles then punted.

That's 10 points for the Eagles plus 3 missed opportunities for the Cowboys to score.

The final score was 26-17, a 9 point difference.

Booger

Reaction score

The defense held the Eagles to the 2nd lowest total yards and lowest passing yards of any opponent this season.

The Eagles offense had a short field multiple times. The 85 Bears defense would not win that type of game.
Daks

Oh my....did he ever BUT coaches/game plan/play calling.....kinda set him up, IMO.

Jarntt

Reaction score

Meh. We were dominated in the trenches most of the night and couldn’t really stop the run. They were up big at the half and really didn’t need to pass it to much. Plus we couldn’t get the stop when we needed it. Defense was good, but certainly not great.

plasticman

Reaction score
Cooper Rush saved our season.

He is a backup quarterback and anyone who thought otherwise was fooling himself. It's one thing for the disingenuous, dishonest, agenda driven media to spew the garbage they falsely advertise as news or analysis but, clearly, Cowboys fans should have known better. We have known Cooper Rush since he joined the league 5 years ago. He has been steady, consistent and very limited his entire career. He is what he is and that will never change.

When Cooper Rush played within his abilities it was satisfactory as long as the other components of the team stepped up. However, the disadvantage of a so called "busdriver" is that he is driving a bus even when a more dynamic vehicle is needed.

Defenses are not judged by statistics, They are judged by relevance. When great defense is needed at the critical point of the game, the great defenses step up. This Cowboys defense didn't do that. That Eagles drive that took up half the 4th quarter was devastating.

Perhaps someday, this defense will be considered great. They may even turn the corner later this season. It could be that this game will even signal that turning point. At the very least it should provide some desperately needed humility and the understanding that they still have a long way to go,

This team is young and games like these are hard lessons but valuable if placed in proper perspective. I hope this game is very fresh on their memory when the Cowboys play the Eagles on Christmas Eve for the division title.

If that is the case then no player will be more responsible for this than Cooper Rush.