Cooper Rush not willing to give up QB2 spot without a fight

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So not sure what you are saying. You like him and hate him?

I mean...what> what is it you want from me!!!!
:laugh:
I'm fairly indifferent about him. I don't think he should be discredited for the team going 4-1 with him, but there are better backup QB prospects than him. If Lance looks better, I have no problem making Lance No. 2. It will be a battle of superior athletic ability vs. superior football mind.

I guess I try to see him for what he is and not portray him as more or less than that.

plymkr

Reaction score
Old backup veteran QB looking good while training for 2024's training camp...

Good! Make Lance earn it. The competition only brings out the best in both of them. I see nothing wrong with position competition, regardless of the position. So fight him off Rush because that will mean Lance is working to beat you and Rush is working to hold onto his spot. Lance is one of my pet cats but again, for me, personal agendas go out the window if it makes the team better.

Motorola

Reaction score
Trey is 4-4 as a starter.
Rush is 5-1 as a starter.
Advantage Rush.
Lance only started 4 games in his time with SF.
2021___6 games; 4 of those he entered for cameo \ mop-up \ taking over for an injured Garoppolo. Lance started 2 games that season.
2022___ He started two games - suffered the season-ending injury.
49ers' record when Lance started__2-2 (1-1 in both 2021 & 2022).

Chasing6

Reaction score
Doubt he gets traded either when nobody even bothered to sign him last year without giving up a pick/player. Shocking that a guy that went 4-1 on a team like this couldn't get signed.
Rush had a 2 year contract my friend. No one could sign him last year. Move along.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
that it is even a battle with Rush is not promising.... They have seen Trey in practice for months now and they dont know if he can take Cooper Rush job yet? Thats not good.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Who are "they"...and what makes so sure they dont know?
The franchise that brought back Cooper Rush to compete for QB2 ...the fact that they brought Cooper Rush back to compete for QB2 instead of ANY other non 7 year QB that no other Franchise wants....

Chasing6

Reaction score
The franchise that brought back Cooper Rush to compete for QB2 ...the fact that they brought Cooper Rush back to compete for QB2 instead of ANY other non 7 year QB that no other Franchise wants....
Rush was already under contract. Bringing him back is misleading.