Cooper Rush not willing to give up QB2 spot without a fight

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The abnormal lengths that some go to defend Dak and lay the blame on everything but Dak? That could be part of it. Dak could throw 10 int's and 5 pick 6's in a single game and there's at least one diehard at CZ, maybe more, who would blame the loss on the defense. Or the lack of a run game. Or bad coaching. See where I'm going with this?
How about the abnormal length you go in hating on Dak?

Motorola

Reaction score
41-16. No need in giving Green Bay an additional point after three quarters. Dallas had already surrendered a ton of them by then anyway.
My mistake.... I was close. I'm sure that 1 point was a huge difference maker.
Is one more point atop that complete debacle and embarrassment to the Dallas Cowboys franchise and the National Football League necessary?
More wretched than the score being 41 - 16 at the start of the 4th quarter...the tally being 48 - 16 with 6 minutes left in the game.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
So even if Dak threw 2 pick sixes, explain the other 28 points?
He was giving them the ball back so quickly they had all the time in the world to score all those points. At some point the D said "ok, this ain't workin..."

Yes they also sucked. But when basically your leader and "chief" is constantly firing torpedoes at your own battle ship it does something with your head. Not taking away any of the blame the D deserves for that performance, but once again (like basically against all heavy lifters in the league in the last 3 years) Dak was part of the problem, not part of the solution. And THAT'S the elephant in the room. Nobody says he's the lone culprit here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Excuse for Dak failing with the same team that carried a bum QB to a 4-1 record.
Huh? Dak literally just won 12 games last year lol....what are you talking about? What you're saying doesn't even make sense. You guys accuse Dak of beating bad teams all year....but in a different conversation want to give him dude for beating a bad Cincinnati team, Giants, Washington and Rams lol....

You guys just aren't consistent. I do hope for guys like you sake that its the last year of Dak.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Huh? Dak literally just won 12 games last year lol....what are you talking about? What you're saying doesn't even make sense. You guys accuse Dak of beating bad teams all year....but in a different conversation want to give him dude for beating a bad Cincinnati team, Giants, Washington and Rams lol....

You guys just aren't consistent. I do hope for guys like you sake that its the last year of Dak.
Rush didn't play last year. Also, Dak won 12 games but Rush didn't win the 4 he played, the team did, do I have that right? The Rams and Bengals were bad teams? Didn't they play in the Super Bowl the prior year? Honest question, may have my years screwed up.

Anyway, one thing I know is accurate is bum Cooper Rush went 4-1 then Dak came back and led the league in interceptions then choked against the niners that year with the same team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't think he will have any trade ability once camp is over. He could not learn here last year after camp. He will have the same problem going to a new team after camp.
Bet he gets 85 percent of snaps, so why not hope that he can impress and if he does his value goes up.
Thats all I'm saying, and I'm actually interested in all our PS games this season for that reason.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rush didn't play last year. Also, Dak won 12 games but Rush didn't win the 4 he played, the team did, do I have that right? The Rams and Bengals were bad teams? Didn't they play in the Super Bowl the prior year? Honest question, may have my years screwed up.

Anyway, one thing I know is accurate is bum Cooper Rush went 4-1 then Dak came back and led the league in interceptions then choked against the niners that year with the same team.
The Bengals were playing bad football early in the year last year for whatever reason. Cowboys got them at a perfect time. I don't take that away from Rush. But it explains why Rush passed for 235 yards and 1 TD and still won. The Rams won 5 games in 2022.

If you know Rush went 4-1 then you also have to know that Rush played Philly and had the worst game of his career.

They gave up 31 points to the Packers, Jags...40 points...Eagles 34 points......You telling me that was the same defense that showed up earlier? If it is so be it. I Don't believe it was but if we can't be honest in a conversation just because it involves Dak what's the point?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Bet he gets 85 percent of snaps, so why not hope that he can impress and if he does his value goes up.
Thats all I'm saying, and I'm actually interested in all our PS games this season for that reason.
I understand what you are saying, but why would his value go up. A $5.3M back up that does not know a new teams offense right before the season starts has no value.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Cooper Rush being the number 2 QB in September would be a major league disappointment.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Every Cowboys fan should WANT Lance to unseat Rush.

We gave a draft pick up to at least be a #2
no lol, I didnt give up a 4th for him, I did not even want to sign him.
The pick is jerrys problem, and I dont want lance to unseat rush for such a silly reason.
Trey is a total unknown to me. Dont care if he stays or goes.

In PS we get to see him for first time, so at least wait till then to voice opinions about him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Are the Cowboys "Drama Queens" or what? Three of the star players are demanding new contracts and ownership does not know how to handle it. The HC is reportedly an unhappy lame duck. And now we have a freaking backup QB controversy. That is correct: BACKUP QB.
lol that was funny!! the worlds first bkup QB controversy !!!!!!!!!
To me this is all about jerry trying to make trey trade look smarter than it was.
Jerry loves former # 1 picks, no matter how bad they are lol (whedon and many others)
He just got a ufl cb who is a former # 1 pick and jerry threw a big party after they signed the guy.
He might not ever play, but jerry just likes former # 1's. And if they are cheap that makes jerry even happier !!!!!!!!!!!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Because everyone who saw us go 4-1 knew it wasn’t because of him. That record is just what some of y’all cling to. Cowboys won in spite of him not because of him.
I don't think that's fair. Rush did what was asked of him. He passed for over 1,000 yards and 5 TDs to 3 ints. (all of which I believe came in the one loss). He's a player with a high football IQ that helps him overcome physical limitations. Now, those physical limitations are always going to hold him back, but our 4-1 record is a combination of him doing his job and the team stepping up around him to make it count. It always comes back to football being a team game and the QB who is out there being an important part of that team. Many fans put too much of an emphasis on the QB when it comes to wins and losses, but there can be too little emphasis, too. Rush did his part in those victories.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think that's fair. Rush did what was asked of him. He passed for over 1,000 yards and 5 TDs to 3 ints. (all of which I believe came in the one loss). He's a player with a high football IQ that helps him overcome physical limitations. Now, those physical limitations are always going to hold him back, but our 4-1 record is a combination of him doing his job and the team stepping up around him to make it count. It always comes back to football being a team game and the QB who is out there being an important part of that team. Many fans put too much of an emphasis on the QB when it comes to wins and losses, but there can be too little emphasis, too. Rush did his part in those victories.
I’m not saying Rush didn’t do his part. I’m just disagreeing with the notion HE went 4-1 and we went 4-1 because of him. I never suggested he didn't do his part. He did.

Kwyn

Reaction score
They know what they have in Cooper. I can't see them releasing Cooper or Lance but the locker knows who's the better QB. My guess is Trey wins the job by default after Cooper is traded.
In other words, Cooper's training camp and preseason games are for 31 teams.
It’s extremely unlikely Rush is traded. Cowboys straight up cut him last year.

Cowboy fans really overrate Rush.