Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I actually wasn't nearly as down on his performance as many others were. He's very flawed but he battled and he tried to push the ball down the field all game.

And, if we're being fair, he is clutch. He does elevate his play late in games.

He will never be a great or even good starting QB but I thought this was about he best version of him that we can hope for.

Like a bus driver.

If he can just be the best damn bus driver in the football business, we win every game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I actually wasn't nearly as down on his performance as many others were. He's very flawed but he battled and he tried to push the ball down the field all game.

He will never be a great or even good starting QB but I thought this was about he best version of him that we can hope for.
Dak is trent Dilfer. Take it for what you will...He is feast or famine.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get the sentiment and frustration of the OP, but putting Rush in would not have been the smart thing. Dak having some struggles doesn't mean Rush would be better, and given the pressure of the situation and his lack of playing time and work with the first team, and the fact we were playing with a makeshift O-Line, odds are he would have been like a deer in the headlights. Frustrating as it was, sticking with Dak was the only thing the team could do.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Cooper Rush should of played the 4th quarter so we would of definitely lost lol You guys are funny. Ya'll must of miss the crap fest Rush put up in preseason vs backup and current walmart greeters.
Apparently you missed the point of the thread. The point being that we should have been up big in the 4th quarter allowing us to play our QB2.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Dak is absolutely 100% the reason this game was even close and had to go to overtime. He's a big reason we won the game but he's also the ONLY reason's the game was even close. That back foot throw interception in the RZ that he under threw is some of the most poor mechanics you will see at this level of play. Hell, most high school QB's can make that throw.

hopemsu

Reaction score
"Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point"

this amplified rhetoric shows the motive. We get it, you don't care much for Dak.

You listed all of his missed oppurtunities by name in the above.. I don't know that he had many more missed opp.. after missed, after missed.... The two Gallup throws? The score wasnt 9-9 AFTER all those missed oppurtunities. The score was 29-23 after all those.

The O Line is not a super bowl roster. I am willing to give away 1 int, for a guy throwing 52 times. 2 isnt good, 1 fumble is bad and he's got to clean those up. But this unit is a team, win or lose, and the team isn't dragging a QB anywhere that just threw for 455 yards.. Someone had to complete those passes, and out of the 42 completions, 10-12 were really nice passes. The D was giving up some big plays about the time Dak started playing well. Some of the red zone inefficiencies are on him, but not all. If the O-Line was so great, we would just pound it in running 3 times for a score with every 1st and goal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Title of the thread should be "THE GOOD,BAD, THE UGLY." The game was a beautiful trainwreck of sorts lol. It had it all. In the end, Dak flipped a switch in the 4th quarter and lit it up. Like I been saying...Dak is one streaky dude. He's nothin in between. He tends to shine in the 4th though. He does posses the will to lift his team up and get the win late in games. Good leadership.

Reaction score
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.
Dak is such a tease. I am totally schizophrenic on that guy.

On the one hand, he's a warrior in crunch time. He seems to play his best when the pressure is at the highest. On the other, he makes throws that make you think he doesn't belong in the NFL.

In the end, he is what he is. We all need to somehow come to grips with it because Jerry is sold on him.

What has to happen is we need coaches who can maximize his good traits and to try to coach him out of his bad ones. We need a new system. Linehan is not that guy. He has to go.

So does Garrett, but I don't see that happening at this point unfortunately.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad Dak doesn't quit as quickly as some of you quit on him. That guy is a winner. I'll take a winner over someone with flashy stats anyday. And dude, as a Commercial License Holder, Bus Drivers are some of the best drivers out there. They can drive anything! Might take them a little while to get used to the controls, speed and functionality of the vehicle. But at the end of the day, they will be better and smarter than most out on the road, driving anything.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll take that performance with a few mistakes turning the ball over than I would one of his patented conservative 180 yard checkdown games.

They ran 99 plays. That had a lot to do with so many passing yards but it also was about the QB looking down field more this game than probably any game this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He will never be a great or even good starting QB but I thought this was about the best version of him that we can hope for.

Kudos to you for at least being rational. I know you never have been and never will be the biggest Dak fan, but at least you can acknowledge the truth.

Unlike this ridiculous thread that accomplishes nothing but indicting the poster's credibility.
:facepalm: