Cooper Rush Shows Why Stats Mean Squat!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The Cowboys did a great job giving Rush plays and passes he could succeed with. For some reason they don't always do this with Dak. I think it's less Dak having to relearn what he knows and more of the coaching staff remembering what Dak is and what he does best.

This is all on Kellen Moore. Dak is an excellent quarterback but like all players he has strengths and weaknesses. You have to build a gameplan around those. You don't run Tom Brady on read option plays just like you don't leave Lamar Jackson in the pocket all game long. So with Dak the Cowboys need to call plays that suit him too.

Man, the more I rethink and rewatch everything, I think the deal is the Bucs defense is just really good and intuitive, and they stay a step ahead of their opponent.

And . . . I'm a Kellen Moore fan. But he had a bad game, that game.

That said, I think you are right. I was saying this the other day. It's about how they scheme up their plays. It's all scheme.. literally being creative so the defense can't tell exactly what you're doing. Having a poker face, etc.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Congrats to Rush on the win! Neither gets us to the SB but Rush showed today just how inept Dak is.

You realize the Saints got 10 points against the Bucs' defense? They look even better than our defense...

Some of you are overreacting to one game. If you want to lay the blame on someone for the first game, blame Kellen Moore.

If you want to give credit to someone this game, give it to Moore, Rush, Pollard, Brown, the offensive line, and the defense..

zerofill

Reaction score
The one thing that stands out with Coop is his accuracy

What stands out to me is... he just throws it. No hesitation...

There is no doubt it will cost INTs at times, etc... But, I love watching that, just pull the trigger.

I said before the game... You are getting paid $57k this season, just friggin throw it... screw it lol.

I was laughing cause Romo was saying that the whole broadcast, Rush is gonna throw it. He is sure of himself, he is gonna just throw it lol.

75boyz

Reaction score
What should really scare people is the lack of drop off between Dak and Rush. I mean think about that for a second.. Dak is getting paid 40M.. he is getting MORE than a heap of really great QBs. Dak is getting paid like a TOP FIVE QB.. losing a Top 5 QB and putting in a 1 game veteran 'back up' that is closer to a fourth string back up.. the drop off should have been huge. We should have all sat lamenting that the game would be 'over' if Dak was under centre.. when things got tight in the last we should have all been talking about how "if Dak wasn't injured" but we weren't.. not a single person honestly believes we would have done better with Dak out there today.. and THAT speaks volumes!!!!!

It is not just about the W or the L.. there is no way that the discussion between Dak and Rush should be at all happening.. you DO NOT pay a guy 40M for him to end up in a 'contest' with your fourth string back up QB!! The whole situation is farcical.

The fact that we are having these discussions show how bad Dak is.. and he is not getting better. We paid top dollar for a middle average QB.. its a killer.

Great post. And wow is Cooper under paid.

zerofill

Reaction score
Nobody props Rush up as a top 7-10 QB, though Dak-Stan’s had their resident Brady as top 5 and MVP last year. Dak’s yearly implosion just started early this year. Rush will do for now as it is one step closer to ending the Dak experiment.

Rush’s better than Dak or good enough performance will absolutely cut it for us, as it continues to expose Dak.

I bet Jerry is actually hoping Rush implodes... Probably offering him money tonight. Don't make my commercial guy look bad.
Your Andy Dalton red hair ain't marketable. lol

zerofill

Reaction score
On a side note though...

To be fair to Dak. The way the game was played with Rush, and us running the ball is more what should be done with Dak.
We have to run the football to win.

But, we didn't need a $40mil a year QB to run that scheme. We could still have some players here without his price tag.
Also for that price you expect top 3 QB play.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I thought the Vikings game last year was a fluke, a glitch in the matrix. Beating the defending AFC Champs today says something about his poise and leadership. My respect for Cooper Rush skyrocketed today. Glad he's on the team.

zerofill

Reaction score
You know... Chicago might be calling Rush after this season. I think Justin Fields sucks.

zerofill

Reaction score
I thought the Vikings game last year was a fluke, a glitch in the matrix. Beating the defending AFC Champs today says something about his poise and leadership. My respect for Cooper Rush skyrocketed today. Glad he's on the team.

We never got to see him play outside of the Vikings game. Preseason games he was usually playing with 80% of the players that were getting cut anyway.
Hard for us as fans to tell how good or bad he was.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
We never got to see him play outside of the Vikings game. Preseason games he was usually playing with 80% of the players that were getting cut anyway.
Hard for us as fans to tell how good or bad he was.
Yep, you're absolutely right. He's a different player with the #1 offense. I'll gladly have my crow with potatoes and green beans.

GoldenR

Reaction score
This is for some of you fans before I sign off tonight; "Admitting that you were wrong is the same as saying you are now wiser than you were before."

shabazz

Reaction score
You are right but this also works the other way. When Dak goes back out there we will have certain "fans" wanting him to fail so they can thump their chests with the anti-Dak rhetoric again.
!

the only thing wrong with this premise is that Dak has already failed…1-3 in the playoffs and 18-24 against teams that finished with a winning record. We’ve seen enough of him and his failures

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like any post that rails on Dak as a QB. Going to go down as arguably the most over-rated QB in the history of football.

Rush is garbage, but still anticipates. better than Dak. Just doesn’t have the arm strength. Dak’s anticipation is completely mediocre and that’s what the good, let alone greats do well.
Yep Dak is so bad that even Rush looks good.......
Let's hope they add another 13m dead money and cut the Dakster in the offseason!!!
He's a total waste of space on the roster!!!

hollaback23

Reaction score
We have fans that seem legit upset that we won this game today.

They wanted Rush to fail so bad to justify their "If Dak can't do it nobody can" belief.

Ya'll should take note of those trying to rain on the victory parade today so you know where they stand.

It's comical because you're describing yourself as a fan.