Cooper Rush throwing dimes while fighting for QB2 spot to finish training camp 2024

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
You tried to compare Tony having a bad game after he had won 3 rings to Dak having bad games in playoffs who has not won anything. So yeah the goal post did not move
*insert SpongeBob blah blah blah gif*

CowboysRule

Reaction score
You asked me what culture is he setting did you forget? In regards to him undermining coaches……the guy traded for Trey Lance and didn’t tell his head coach lol. Then announced to the media just a day ago that Lance will make the 53. This is not his GM is suppose to act.
I still don't see how not signing a bunch of free agents sets any kind of culture. Look back to the Commanders trading all their draft picks and signing big name free agents back in the mid-2000's. How'd that work? Usually the teams signing a ton of FA's are not the successful teams.

He did, but McCarthy had previously evaluated Lance and was a fan of his game. He later said that he approved of the decision to acquire him. Most head coaches are just coaches though. They don't go out and sign players. You coach who you get. And Jerry announces pretty much everything to the media. He's a mouthpiece. I'm sure he realizes a lot of people already hate him so he'll take the heat for all the decisions being made while hoping he gets some glory at some point before he dies.

shabazz

Reaction score
You asked me what culture is he setting did you forget? In regards to him undermining coaches……the guy traded for Trey Lance and didn’t tell his head coach lol. Then announced to the media just a day ago that Lance will make the 53. This is not his GM is suppose to act.
It's painfully clear that there is a lack of identity (culture) for this team other than Jerry.

Very little accountablity and building one's brand endures as the marathon continues, lol

shabazz

Reaction score
The Cowboys are one and done if they make the playoffs. It would be better to miss the playoffs and get a better draft pick.
It's taboo to say it but the only thing the 12 win season have gotten us is worse draft picks and worse schedules.

Hope is one thing and pragmatism in another.....I choose the latter

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, it is Jerrys fault our all pros did not show up against GB... You are a clown
I dont know what your trying to prove but you missed about 10 other playoff games over 28 years that the all pro players "Didn't show up" mind you these are different players over almost 3 decades...same FO though...what would any outside analysis firm say the problem is?

Steve007

Reaction score
Welp, they should've paid him earlier for 45-50M.
I don't think Dak would have signed for that. He wants to be the highest paid QB. He wants 60+ now, if the Cowboys pay him that they are screwed. Time to cut losses and start over.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think Dak would have signed for that. He wants to be the highest paid QB. He wants 60+ now, if the Cowboys pay him that they are screwed. Time to cut losses and start over.
Yeah, he wants all kinds of money and he is only doing it for future QB's, so he says. Phoney as hell.

Then he wipes the spit off his chin and says he does not play football for the money.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Rush, at this point, is a better than Lance, overall. Doesn't have quite the arm strength, certainly not the speed.

But he knows the offense and runs it efficiently, as per the video has very good placement on the ball, is calm in the pocket and knows his limitations to that he doesn't make a lot of boneheaded plays. There have been "bus driver" quarterbacks that won it all, not common of course, but you never know, could happen again.

Can Lance pass Rush up? Maybe, but he hasn't nearly done it to this point.
Then why even root for this team over and over again? Isn’t that insanity?
In my case it's old age. :oldcouple:

Sheepherder

Reaction score
No rooting for change isn't insanity. Thinking you will get different results doing the same thing is.
Rush, at this point, is a better than Lance, overall. Doesn't have quite the arm strength, certainly not the speed.

But he knows the offense and runs it efficiently, as per the video has very good placement on the ball, is calm in the pocket and knows his limitations to that he doesn't make a lot of boneheaded plays. There have been "bus driver" quarterbacks that won it all, not common of course, but you never know, could happen again.

Can Lance pass Rush up? Maybe, but he hasn't nearly done it to this point.

In my case it's old age. :oldcouple:
I liked what I saw when Rush started a couple of years ago too. Like you said, he seemed to be comfortable in there and didn't panic. Didn't play all that bad in that Philly game either.