Cooper Rush throwing dimes while fighting for QB2 spot to finish training camp 2024

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You are really hung up about this guy. Still going back to his HS Days.
How do you know they did not let him play. ,at be there were Senior QBs ahead of him. Until he became a senior. It happens all the time.

Humg up on him not having a scholarship either. Maybe because he only had a year playing HS.
ah, then the Darnold excuse. We been over this.

The fear is there.
Yes, if Dak gets injured early and Lance gets plugged in to take over the team, the fear of losing and not making the playoffs is definitely there.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Dallas is part of a group of a few teams that would screw up this situation. Bottom line, all this decides what they will do in the future.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If they cut Rush, they can sign him back for the vet minimum.

Will save 1 million on the cap.

Also, Lance is their priority.

Rush is UFA after the season. He’s not the future.
It wouldn't necessarily surprise me with the new practice squad rules. A few veterans will be cut to give roster spots to younger players who could be claimed, signed to the PS and then brought back when they are out of callups.

BTW, Lance is also a UFA after the season. This is his fourth year and Dallas rightly didn't pick up his fifth-year option because of the price tag.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe it’s going over my head but you claimed this post was putting down Lance?
He made two threads. One saying Trey is missing all his throws. Which was not true. That thread seems to backfire a bit.

Then makes this to say Rush makes all of his throws, as to say Lance Does no.

A failed underhand attempt throwing shade on Lance.

Both thread with cherry picked videos. Even goes back to his SF videos with one pass that went high when what looked as if it really was not a drill.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, if Dak gets injured early and Lance gets plugged in to take over the team, the fear of losing and not making the playoffs is definitely there.
So they get a better draft pick. Because what happens if they make the playoffs and Dak chokes again. A worse draft pick.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So they get a better draft pick. Because what happens if they make the playoffs and Dak chokes again. A worse draft pick.
The key is to make the playoffs, especially with this improved Oline and Defense which could seriously help the team advance in the playoffs.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The key is to make the playoffs, especially with this improved Oline and Defense which could seriously help the team advance in the playoffs.
we dont make the playoffs based on us, other teams have to fail. so either way, Dallas doesnt decide their fate.

gimmesix

Reaction score
If Dak gets hurt, I'd rather see Lance than Rush because it's not likely we're going to go very far with either. We know what Rush is. Playing Lance would at least allow us to find out if he has a future as more than just a backup at best.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
we dont make the playoffs based on us, other teams have to fail. so either way, Dallas doesnt decide their fate.
What? Every team decides their own fate by making the correct roster decisions and executing their performance into enough wins to reach the playoffs. That should be every team's goal every year to at least reach the playoffs and try to win it all once there.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Dak gets hurt, I'd rather see Lance than Rush because it's not likely we're going to go very far with either. We know what Rush is. Playing Lance would at least allow us to find out if he has a future as more than just a backup at best.
Lance isn't ready. He's still learning. Rush is way more experienced and has several wins under his belt when had to start.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not disagree. I hope Dak balls out in the playoffs and the defense as well.

I just find it anti Dallas fandom to be against a player that can help the team if and when needed. Such as Lance.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
What? Every team decides their own fate by making the correct roster decisions and executing their performance into enough wins to reach the playoffs. That should be every team's goal every year to at least reach the playoffs and try to win it all once there.
should be, but, you seem liek one of the people who would not believe someone if they said they would punch you and than you would ask, like how many punches before you realize you are in a fight. Even last year if the Eagles dont melt down it was very hard for us to make the playoffs. We arent a powerful team. Good teams destroy us, and im not saying across the boards, yea we have one or two fluke wins, but nothing that sets us apart. Most times we float with whatever the division or conference sets and than like ok guys, season over, rinse and repeat, most of you all will be back and we ll keep the coaches who dont show improvement.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I do not disagree. I hope Dak balls out in the playoffs and the defense as well.

I just find it anti Dallas fandom to be against a player that can help the team if and when needed. Such as Lance.
the question is, can Lance give you more than what Rush does? thats going to be hard to answer.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance isn't ready. He's still learning. Rush is way more experienced and has several wins under his belt when had to start.
They will not get any further with Rush especially in the playoffs.
So may as well see what Lance has.

He would be with the first team offense just as Rush would be. It is the only way to find out.
Rush is not the future.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He made two threads. One saying Trey is missing all his throws. Which was not true. That thread seems to backfire a bit.

Both thread with cherry picked videos. Even goes back to his SF videos with one pass that went high when what looked as if it really was not a drill.
Ahh ok my mistake I didn’t see the other thread.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The team does have wins with him at QB, but he wasn't that good. The defense did a good job of carrying him and when it couldn't against Philly, he played to his level. While the team went 4-1, he completed only 58 percent of his passes, threw for only 5 TDs while throwing 3 ints., and averaged 6.5 yards per pass attempt. Those are very pedestrian numbers and won't win you many games where the defense doesn't lead the charge.

If Dak were injured (season-ending), Lance's numbers might end up worse than that, but you give him every chance to prove if he can be more than a backup, which is what Rush will always be.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Sorry. I'm just being honest with what I've seen so far. Rush > Lance at this moment.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

No need to lie. I NEVER said such a thing. I asked why is Trey Lance so inconsistently off with some throws which should be easy to hit your target with as a 4 year NFL QB.

You are getting your personal emotions get bent out of shape and making up false accusations.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You find out by giving him playing time and that opportunity. It is why they made that trade.
we have no time left. No one wants to see this team carry 3 qbs. thats insane. make the decision, you either believe Trey is a back up, or Dak walks and Trey is your boy for at least a year. Other than that, disaster for the season.