Cooper Rush throwing dimes while fighting for QB2 spot to finish training camp 2024

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I do not disagree. I hope Dak balls out in the playoffs and the defense as well.

I just find it anti Dallas fandom to be against a player that can help the team if and when needed. Such as Lance.
Lol you're against Dak, regardless of what cover you think you gave yourself with that first line.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just me, but I think they are trading Coop........this way Lance is #2 by default.
See San Deigo Chargers.......they are nearly desperate for a backup.

In my opinion, Cooper Rush would be a good option for Los Angeles (not San Diego lol). I watched the Chargers play the Raiders back last December. Easton Stick was turrible that game, like Charles Barkley saying terrible...

Chasing6

Reaction score
The fact that there is still a QB2 battle is the biggest indictment you can make. When Rush was cut they could easily resign him because no one wanted. Not one team looked at their backup QB and said “We could upgrade that with Cooper Rush”.

That means this shouldn’t be a competition. Yet it clearly is. That is a concern. It basically means that the team better hope Dak is able to be one of the 12 QBs able to play all 17 games again.
Rush has proven himself as a quality back up. No team has to starters on their roster.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He was one of the biggest Dak defenders on this site.....but he's seen enough

It happened with Romo too and we held on too long with him.

Let's not make that same mistake too
Just let me know when we have a replacement.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
More cherry picked plays to try to put down Trey Lance.
All short throws as well.

They are getting more and more worried now.
so if Rush makes good plays, its cherry picked. anything shown about Lance is trying to make him look bad.

it sounds like you are worried about Lance, more than anything else

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was one of the biggest Dak defenders on this site.....but he's seen enough

It happened with Romo too and we held on too long with him.

Let's not make that same mistake too
Romo wasn’t the issue. Neither is Dak. Can’t blame 28 years on guys who weren’t even here 28 years ago.

Adreme

Reaction score
Rush has proven himself as a quality back up. No team has to starters on their roster.
Yes but teams have backup QBs on the roster. When Rush was cut the 31 other teams looked at their backup, looked at Rush, and went "yep we are good". If Rush were genuinely a quality backup SOMEONE would have wanted him to be their backup but every other team liked their backup QB more. Lance is in competition for a backup job with a guy every other team in the NFL passed on.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's funny to see the Dak stans that have been dogging Copper for years and laughing at his 5-1 record (better winning % than Slak) are now all of the sudden thinks Cooper walks on water.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so if Rush makes good plays, its cherry picked. anything shown about Lance is trying to make him look bad.

it sounds like you are worried about Lance, more than anything else
Not at all.
A person makes two threads. One showing bad plays by Trey. One even as far back as his SF practice days.
Then make a thread about Rush completing 10 passes, short yardage.

That says agenda. I am not the fan that is worried about something.

davidr295

Reaction score
The ceiling with Lance is 7 wins. The ceiling with Dak is 12-13 wins. They are not the same thing.

Also this "much needed QB" is far more likely to be a substantial downgrade. The odds of finding a consensus top 10 QB (what Dak is) with your pick are not good.
If they both end in a 1 and done in the playoffs does it really matter, other than one being way cheaper

Adreme

Reaction score
If they both end in a 1 and done in the playoffs does it really matter, other than one being way cheaper
You don’t make the playoffs with 7 wins (unless you are winning the NFC South).

As for winning in the playoffs, they need to fix interior run defense, and honestly run offense. A QB does not really help improve run defense but adding more deficiencies doesn’t get you closer to a Super Bowl.

davidr295

Reaction score
You don’t make the playoffs with 7 wins (unless you are winning the NFC South).

As for winning in the playoffs, they need to fix interior run defense, and honestly run offense. A QB does not really help improve run defense but adding more deficiencies doesn’t get you closer to a Super Bowl.
Assumptions about win totals is not an argument. Also run defense has not been the only issue, plenty of times the defense showed up but Dak and the offense did not. A QB does help the defense by not throwing pick 6s and giving the opponent short fields.