Cooper Rush throwing dimes while fighting for QB2 spot to finish training camp 2024

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No need to lie. I NEVER said such a thing. I asked why is Trey Lance so inconsistently off with some throws which should be easy to hit your target with as a 4 year NFL QB.

You are getting your personal emotions get bent out of shape and making up false accusations.
No I am not. You cherry picked a few throws.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are really hung up about this guy. Still going back to his HS Days.
How do you know they did not let him play. ,at be there were Senior QBs ahead of him. Until he became a senior. It happens all the time.

Humg up on him not having a scholarship either. Maybe because he only had a year playing HS.
ah, then the Darnold excuse. We been over this.

The fear is there.
Please name some NFL QB's that did not get a scholarship in college or had less than 1,000 yards passing in HS?

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we have no time left. No one wants to see this team carry 3 qbs. thats insane. make the decision, you either believe Trey is a back up, or Dak walks and Trey is your boy for at least a year. Other than that, disaster for the season.
Dak and Trey are the QBs. Rush will be cut, with a handshake deal to return after roster moves. Since he will not be available for a waiver claim. That is if they need to do this.

He will be on the PS, and will be called up and be the emergency QB.
All teams will do this if they do not keep 3.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plays name some NFL QB's that did not get a scholarship in college or had less than 1,000 yards passing in HS?
I am not doing your research for you.
And does it matter, no. We are at this point now. As I do not care about any of that. I am concerned about moving forward.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am not doing your research for you.
And does it matter, no. We are at this point now. As I do not care about any of that. I am concerned about moving forward.
Then we are concerned about the same thing. Trance is not moving forward.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No I am not. You cherry picked a few throws.
Not really. I was honest but very considerate. I could have easily included another 15+ other badly aimed/delivered throws from this training camp and preseason if I truly was being vindictive or had an agenda against Trey Lance.

Adreme

Reaction score
The fact that there is still a QB2 battle is the biggest indictment you can make. When Rush was cut they could easily resign him because no one wanted. Not one team looked at their backup QB and said “We could upgrade that with Cooper Rush”.

That means this shouldn’t be a competition. Yet it clearly is. That is a concern. It basically means that the team better hope Dak is able to be one of the 12 QBs able to play all 17 games again.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The fact that there is still a QB2 battle is the biggest indictment you can make. When Rush was cut they could easily resign him because no one wanted. Not one team looked at their backup QB and said “We could upgrade that with Cooper Rush”.

That means this shouldn’t be a competition. Yet it clearly is. That is a concern. It basically means that the team better hope Dak is able to be one of the 12 QBs able to play all 17 games again.
To pay Dak to give you the same results? what will that accomplish? pushing back a much needed QB?

FoxF

Reaction score
Cooper Rush is fighting Jerry’s ego in trying to prove he didn’t waste a 4th round pick.

Adreme

Reaction score
To pay Dak to give you the same results? what will that accomplish? pushing back a much needed QB?
The ceiling with Lance is 7 wins. The ceiling with Dak is 12-13 wins. They are not the same thing.

Also this "much needed QB" is far more likely to be a substantial downgrade. The odds of finding a consensus top 10 QB (what Dak is) with your pick are not good.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me, but I think they are trading Coop........this way Lance is #2 by default.
See San Deigo Chargers.......they are nearly desperate for a backup.

Brax

Reaction score
Only if you use L copper....get the good stuff and enjoy the pressure
They save a few bucks but when the pressure builds and it fails they go out and do the same thing, save a few bucks, sounds familiar.