Cooper Rush vs Dak Price Difference

lostar2009

Reaction score
Well seeing as how he put up ZERO td's in week 1.....hmmmm.

Last season Dak put up zero td's in 2 games....1 td in 3 games....and 1 td in 3 straight games....and over a 5 game stretch had 5 total td's (and 5 int's in those games).....so your point is what?

Ummm Dak finish the season last year with 37TDs with 10 ints. Did well good and beyond the 3:1 ratio for qbs. Three TDs for one Int. With an overall 104 QBR. You think Coop will replace that?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is Rush playing in Joe’s own offense? Joe Burrow made the SB in his second year unlike Dak’s train wreck of 7 years, while being outplayed by Rush in Dak’s own offense. Why do I even bother with your bogus analogies?
This is your logic. You said Dak is being outplayed by Rush based on one game so I asked you using your silly logic is he better than Burrow? It’s just dumb logic on your part.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is your logic. You said Dak is being outplayed by Rush based on one game so I asked you using your silly logic is he better than Burrow? It’s just dumb logic on your part.

No, it is not my silly logic. My “silly logic” is Dak is being outplayed in 3 games by a 7 year starting QB in the former’s own offense, not a SB B starting his third year…

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ummm Dak finish the season last year with 37TDs with 10 ints. Did well good and beyond the 3:1 ratio for qbs. Three TDs for one Int. With an overall 104 QBR. You think Coop will replace that?
NOPE those are true top 10 starter numbers, not a bus drivers number. glad we have both just like Pollard and zeke, Kearse and Wilson, Peters and McGovern, etc etc all teammates all important but we KNOW whose better and its not rush.

no need to CHOOSE

leave fracking contracts out of it that NOT how it works.

lostar2009

Reaction score
NOPE those are true top 10 starter numbers, not a bus drivers number. glad we have both just like Pollard and zeke, Kearse and Wilson, Peters and McGovern, etc etc all teammates all important but we KNOW whose better and its not rush.

no need to CHOOSE

leave fracking contracts out of it that NOT how it works.

For once this team has depth. I wonder why most fans cant see it. But they want to get on the replacement wagon. We know Dak had some bad games. But his good over bad is way beyond the talk to replace him. Like I told one person, let me see Coop but up 3 TDs a game and ball out while not in max pro sets. At that point you have a valid argument.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Dak was better than Coop and has the potential to be again. After the last couple of games last season and game one this season? Current Dak is not better. If he fixes what's wrong mentally, he'll be better again.

Dude how long as Coop been on this roster? I could see if this is his second year. Just have thanks Coop is winning us games and the coaches dont have him out throwing the ball 50 times a game.

nobody

Reaction score
Dude how long as Coop been on this roster? I could see if this is his second year. Just have thanks Coop is winning us games and the coaches dont have him out throwing the ball 50 times a game.

And yet we're winning when Dak couldn't. I'm not saying Cooper is a long-term answer. I'm saying as Dak has been playing recently, he's not better than Cooper.

lostar2009

Reaction score
And yet we're winning when Dak couldn't. I'm not saying Cooper is a long-term answer. I'm saying as Dak has been playing recently, he's not better than Cooper.

When has Coop won when Dak could not? Dude only played 2 games this season. After 2 games Dak whole body of work is trash?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really like Cooper Rush and what he’s done. It’s been great. But folks, he’s played 3 games. When DCs have a chance to start building a book on a player, it gets harder. It will get exponentially harder the longer he plays.

We all have reason to excited about what Rush has done. But his sample size is minuscule.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I'm not gonna say Cooper is better than Dak...but he's outplayed the Hell out of him so far this season. This game against the Giants he was really good. I don't recall him making a single mistake.

Dak played 3/4 of a game against arguably the best defense. How can anyone conclude he’s been outplayed this season? Crazy…

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I really like Cooper Rush and what he’s done. It’s been great. But folks, he’s played 3 games. When DCs have a chance to start building a book on a player, it gets harder. It will get exponentially harder the longer he plays.

We all have reason to excited about what Rush has done. But his sample size is minuscule.

Cooper has a rather mediocre 90 passer rating and he is usually passing in favorable circumstances. On one hand, I don't think that what Cooper is doing is all that special. On the other hand, I think its completely sustainable. He is just driving the bus. If teams want to game plan to take away Cooper Rush . . . go for it.

Football is a team game. QB's get too much credit for winning and blame for losing. Cooper is getting too much credit right now. The real secret to Dallas' success revolves around the defense and the offensive line. I hope Jerry is seeing that.

Prediction: Dak is going to come back to a simplified playbook. He is going to look a lot better than he has recently. His fans are going to crow about how great he is despite the fact that he will also just be driving the bus.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Cooper place within himself. Dak is trying to prove he is worth the contract.

Let's be honest. By this point, Cooper Rush outplayed his contract. He deserves some money, so it would stand to reason Dak would restructure based on how well Cooper Rush played.

Rush just needs to keep playing well. I love me some ginger.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It's not fair to compare Coop and Rush with each other. I'm not saying Rush ISN'T better than Dak as well as I'm not saying Rush IS better than Dak. If Rush had the same amount of starts that Dak has, then there would be numbers that we can legitimately compare. Let's face it, both are bus driver QB's. It's just that one is making a fortune being a bus driver. There really is nothing special about either one of them if you look at game by game that they have played.

I'm going to disagree with you. Over time, if he gets the start we'll see that there is something special about Cooper Rush. He's got game.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

...and Dak transferred those regular season stats into a pathetic playoff loss to SF.

2021 vs. NFC East 17 TD's 3 INT's 6 wins 0 losses average QB rating 116.8

2021 vs. rest of NFL 20 TD's 7 INT's 5 Wins 5 Losses average QB rating 89

Cooper Rush (3 starts 2021 & 2022)

vs. NFC East 1 TD 0 INT's 1 Win 0 Losses average QB rating 98.2

vs. rest of NFL 3 TD's 1 INT 2 Wins 0 Losses average QB rating 93.85

Typical Dak season of compiling stats and wins vs. NFC Least and doing nothing against the rest of the league so if you want to do a comparison of QB's, give me the one that is consistent in his performance against all teams and not just the weaker ones.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Let's be honest. By this point, Cooper Rush outplayed his contract. He deserves some money, so it would stand to reason Dak would restructure based on how well Cooper Rush played.

Rush just needs to keep playing well. I love me some ginger.
Come on now. Dak is not taking any pay cuts. If Dak changes his contract at all it will be for more money. Rush won two games and basically just didn’t screw things up. He will get a raise but not by much. Big game coming up for him against Washington as he should have Gallup back.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is not an elite QB, doubt he would outplay Cooper under the same conditions poor WR group and average offensive line.

Dak played all but the last 5 minutes against Tampa. We already know he would NOT play as well as Cooper bc he didn't. Dak looked like a 3rd string QB.

Dallas should go with the hot hand which is exactly how Dak got this job in the first place. Romo could have finished out the 2016 season but was not given the opportunity. Romo was given one drive in mop up duty against philly and drove the team down the field for a TD. That was his last time on the field........b/c Dallas went with the hot hand in the rookie Prescott.