Cooper waiting for Julio Jones deal?

superonyx

Reaction score
Dak will, Zeke is much more questionable in my book. Overall, you’re probably right but not only is Zeke one mess up away from being suspended again but it can be argued that a RB is much more easier replaceable than a QB.

I couldn’t care less about his rushing titles, he’s very good but the main reason he has those titles is because the O line and the amount of times he gets the ball. It can also be easily argued that in most cases, a RB will not be able to keep up that workload the older he gets therefore signing him to a long term contract is very risky. Limit his carries and all of the sudden you won’t be able to use the rushing title excuse anymore because he won’t have it.

Some fans act like we have an endless supply of salary cap space, how quickly they forget the mess we just recently got out of. We have a lot of other up and coming guys, specifically Jaylon and LVE to think about, plus the occasional free agent. It’s a ways down the road and even though the salary cap keeps going up it’s not like we can continue to pay our best players the best money for that position and personally I would put RB towards the bottm of the list.

We can easily use the 5th year option on him than tag him. See how he’s doing at that point and fo from there. In all likelihood his value will be less than it is now and we can get a cheaper contract with less years, assuming he’s still worth it. If he wants to be a little diva about it and sit out like Bell, go for it. I’m sure the fans would love that and continue to support him like they down now. BTW, Bell was an idiot and came out behind after doing that even though he still tries to justify his decision.

Edit: Why were they drama queens? Because while most didn’t see the act itself as a big deal they realize he’s already been warned by the NFL that he’s on a tight leash and they can suspend him over anything? Or the fact that he ignores this and continues to do dumb things in public which puts him at risk thus putting his teammates, fans and organization at risk? I’d call that concerned fans who have a grip on reality, not drama queens.
The reality is we have zero reason to believe the cowboys will let Zeke go. Just as so many people made all these debates about Ramsey being the better pick than Zeke a few years ago. It just didn’t matter because the guys making the decisions will not let Zeke walk.

I’m not saying some people can’t or won’t try to minimize his accomplishments as you have done.
Winning rushing titles is not just about the total yards. Feeding an average back a huge number of carries won’t have the same impact as feeding a threat like Zeke a large number of carries. He is a threat to physically punish you or run around you. The pressure he puts on the defense is what helps Dak and the offense function.

But regardless of anyone’s personal opinion. The opinions of the guys that matter love Zeke and I have zero reasons to believe they would let him go.

So anyone saying he may be the odd man out of a salary cap situation is using their own personal bias and not logically looking at what right in front of everyone’s faces.

Zeke will keep being fed for the foreseeable future.
Show me where we have any reason to believe anything else and it’s a different conversation.

superonyx

Reaction score
I never said they were battling with them. I’m saying they aren’t giving him 20+ million a year. It’s my opinion. Why do you care so much? Are you on Zekes payroll?
I don’t care so much about your opinion. It’s like a butthole, we all have one and they all stink.

The problem is you are ignoring logic and reality.
Zeke isn’t going anywhere. Show me any credible and logical reason to believe he is.

Why do you hate facts and logic?

Tussinman

Reaction score
Daks not in the same league as QBs hes going to get paid like but that's just how it works.
It's close but hes also gonna make more than them
To be fair Dak probably isn't going to get signed till 2020 so him making more than better players that signed in 2016-2018 isn't that surprising. If the two in question (Cousins and Jimmy) signed the same year as Dak they would make more.

ICP

Reaction score
Dallas really has no leverage when it comes to Cooper. They gave up their 1st rounder and would look like folks to give that up on a 1 1/2 year rental. Too bad they couldn't have somehow worked an extension at the time of the trade.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So in other words they will look like fools either way.

If they get him to sign, not matter the price, they can put a smiley face on it. He's wonderful, he's spectacular, he made all the difference last year, there wasn't an another WR of his quality and age available, etc.
If they don't get him to sign, I don't see how they put a smiley face on it. "We gave up a first round pick for a year and a half rental on Cooper."

They can save face if they sign him, but not if they don't.

aria

Reaction score
The reality is we have zero reason to believe the cowboys will let Zeke go. Just as so many people made all these debates about Ramsey being the better pick than Zeke a few years ago. It just didn’t matter because the guys making the decisions will not let Zeke walk.

I’m not saying some people can’t or won’t try to minimize his accomplishments as you have done.
Winning rushing titles is not just about the total yards. Feeding an average back a huge number of carries won’t have the same impact as feeding a threat like Zeke a large number of carries. He is a threat to physically punish you or run around you. The pressure he puts on the defense is what helps Dak and the offense function.

But regardless of anyone’s personal opinion. The opinions of the guys that matter love Zeke and I have zero reasons to believe they would let him go.

So anyone saying he may be the odd man out of a salary cap situation is using their own personal bias and not logically looking at what right in front of everyone’s faces.

Zeke will keep being fed for the foreseeable future.
Show me where we have any reason to believe anything else and it’s a different conversation.
It’s not minimizing his accomplishments, it’s the truth. He had arguable the best O line in 2016 and a top 10 O line in ‘17 and ‘18. Other than his suspension year he also carried the ball more than any other back. Last year Barkley carried the ball less behind a much worse O line, had more YPC and had zero fumbles whereas Zeke led the league in fumbles by a wide margin, 6 total.

That’s not minimizing, that’s telling the truth. Minimizing is acting like all the off the field incidents aren’t concerning and will just disappear when he’s shown zero indication that he’s learned his lesson and that the NFL can easily suspend him over any small infractiob.

aria

Reaction score
If they get him to sign, not matter the price, they can put a smiley face on it. He's wonderful, he's spectacular, he made all the difference last year, there wasn't an another WR of his quality and age available, etc.
If they don't get him to sign, I don't see how they put a smiley face on it. "We gave up a first round pick for a year and a half rental on Cooper."

They can save face if they sign him, but not if they don't.
I'm not saying don’t sign him, maybe wait a year and see how he does this year and/or use the franchise tag on him the following year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t care so much about your opinion. It’s like a butthole, we all have one and they all stink.

The problem is you are ignoring logic and reality.
Zeke isn’t going anywhere. Show me any credible and logical reason to believe he is.

Why do you hate facts and logic?
I just told you logic and you keep ignoring it.

You have a salary cap.
You can’t afford to pay him like a quarterback.
Running back is the easiest position to replace.
You invested heavily in offensive line. Why would you invest heavily in running back to?
Zeke has a few years left in his prime.

How much more “logic” do you want? Once again.....I never said they would do this. I’m saying I see reasons why they wouldn’t. When Stephen talks about guys taking less for the Cowboys discount....he’s talking about guys like Zeke.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Same goes for Dak. He is neither Brady, nor, Brees or even a Mahomes.
Quarterback is much different. If Dak gets 30 million Brees would get 35-40. The inflation isn’t because of Dak it’s because of the position. Dak has every right to say he should get more than Jimmy and Kirk.

superonyx

Reaction score
It’s not minimizing his accomplishments, it’s the truth. He had arguable the best O line in 2016 and a top 10 O line in ‘17 and ‘18. Other than his suspension year he also carried the ball more than any other back. Last year Barkley carried the ball less behind a much worse O line, had more YPC and had zero fumbles whereas Zeke led the league in fumbles by a wide margin, 6 total.

That’s not minimizing, that’s telling the truth. Minimizing is acting like all the off the field incidents aren’t concerning and will just disappear when he’s shown zero indication that he’s learned his lesson and that the NFL can easily suspend him over any small infractiob.
Thanks for exposing your bias for all to see.
You should have just started there and saved us both the time.

The reality is Zeke will be the highest paid back in the league soon. And you can enjoy your bias against our RB for the next decade.

That’s gotta suck for you.

superonyx

Reaction score
I just told you logic and you keep ignoring it.

You have a salary cap.
You can’t afford to pay him like a quarterback.
Running back is the easiest position to replace.
You invested heavily in offensive line. Why would you invest heavily in running back to?
Zeke has a few years left in his prime.

How much more “logic” do you want? Once again.....I never said they would do this. I’m saying I see reasons why they wouldn’t. When Stephen talks about guys taking less for the Cowboys discount....he’s talking about guys like Zeke.
Zeke is a face of the franchise, franchise and future HOF talent.

Say what you want. He isn’t going anywhere and you post your opinions. Show me any logical reason to believe the Jones won’t pay him.

Dak and Zeke will both be here for the next 5+ years. It’s time you accept it

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke is a face of the franchise, franchise and future HOF talent.

Say what you want. He isn’t going anywhere and you post your opinions. Show me any logical reason to believe the Jones won’t pay him.

Dak and Zeke will both be here for the next 5+ years. It’s time you accept it
Zeke isn’t the face of this franchise. He’s our best player but he’s not the face of it. I gave you logic and you are choosing to be difficult. For the record I do think they make a big mistake and overspend on him. I just also think there’s a cap to how high they would go.

aria

Reaction score

The reality is Zeke will be the highest paid back in the league soon. And you can enjoy your bias against our RB for the next decade.

Lol, how are you not on ignore already you fact denying homer hypocritical dolt? I told you facts, your responded with speculation and said I was bias? I never denied I didn’t like Zeke. IMOF, I have specifically said I didn’t like him but that has nothing to do with what he’s done on the field.

Whatever, you’re such a homer you already accused anyone who even mentioned that Zeke might not be extended for various reasons as being trolls. That’s when I should I put you on ignore. You can’t handle facts nor different opinions without false accusations and name calling.

Reply all you want homer, you’re where I should have put you months ago, on the ignore list.

glimmerman

Reaction score
All about setting the market. Don’t matter the position it seems. I do think that Byron will be last out..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Why are you taking this to heart? What is wrong with you?

lostar2009

Reaction score
Coop is good but haven't put in the work Juilo has done. My guess is FO is trying to lock Coop up now and possibly save some money. But unless Coop put up a 1300+ yard season I don't see him getting that kind of money. The FO should strategically place him below JJ unless his game jumps up big time in 2019. I'm all for paying all pros their worth but not because your a Cowboy.

superonyx

Reaction score
Lol, how are you not on ignore already you fact denying homer hypocritical dolt? I told you facts, your responded with speculation and said I was bias? I never denied I didn’t like Zeke. IMOF, I have specifically said I didn’t like him but that has nothing to do with what he’s done on the field.

Whatever, you’re such a homer you already accused anyone who even mentioned that Zeke might not be extended for various reasons as being trolls. That’s when I should I put you on ignore. You can’t handle facts nor different opinions without false accusations and name calling.

Reply all you want homer, you’re where I should have put you months ago, on the ignore list.
Oh no...please don’t put me on some imaginary message board ignore list. Take my first born. Have my wife, take my grandaddies watch. Just not the ignore list.

You exposed yourself as a loser who can’t take anyone calling a spade a spade.

Your temper tantrum above is hilarious. Probably the best one I’ve read in months.

Your life must suck. Enjoy the season. Zeke has plenty of feeding coming this year Troll.