Cooper/Warmack

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Cooper: 6'2", 311 lbs. 34" reach

Warmack 6'2", 317 lbs. 34 7/8" reach.

First... Anyone still worried about cooper's size?

Second... That's pretty good reach for guards. We need to get one of these guys.

Gaede

Reaction score
Would love either one at 18.

Good opportunity for us.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I would love to take one of these guys but its going to be defense again with the first pick.

Diogenes

Reaction score
Warmack won't be there at 18. Cooper might be, but that's not a given.

Gaede

Reaction score
Let's not get all worked up like last year. In reality, Warmack MAY be gone by 18 and Cooper will most likely be there.

Just cause we as fans covet a guard in the first round does not mean NFL teams do.

These guys are guards and ONLY guards. They won't go super high and needy teams will pass them over to get a more premium position.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Gaede;5005390 said:
Let's not get all worked up like last year. In reality, Warmack MAY be gone by 18 and Cooper will most likely be there.

Just cause we as fans covet a guard in the first round does not mean NFL teams do.

These guys are guards and ONLY guards. They won't go super high and needy teams will pass them over to get a more premium position.

And we may too.

In reality, I feel pretty sure at least one of those guys will be gone by 18 given the needs of some of the teams ahead us. There's a decent chance one will be there....most likely Cooper.

The real question is would we even take that player if a premium 3gap Dlineman was there. I doubt it.

I bet Romo's agent at least tries to stake a claim here though.
It has to seem like Jerry and crew are talking out of both sides of their mouths when they keep claiming to have a "great QB" but yet do very little to keep him out of the hospital.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gaede;5005390 said:

I'll trade you two all pro CBs for one all pro G.

I love the dismissive attitude in April. They're only Gs. But on gameday, they are absolutely critical to having success on offense.

JackWagon

Reaction score
Risen Star;5005393 said:

I love the dismissive attitude in April. They're only Gs. But on gameday, they are absolutely critical to having success on offense.

Not flashy enough for JJ Risen ... guards, d lineman ... no way ... Im betting big JJ picks a RB at 18.

DFWJC

Reaction score
JackWagon;5005403 said:
Not flashy enough for JJ Risen ... guards, d lineman ... no way ... Im betting big JJ picks a RB at 18.
:laugh2: Can you imagine the uproar?
BTW, I bet pretty heavily against that happening, but it's sadistic to think of the fallout.

visionary

Reaction score
i think we will sign a starter at either OG or DT in FA

we will go for the other position with our first round pick

since impact DTs are likely to cost more in FA than a OG, i am thinking we sign a potential starter at OG, and then go DT in round 1 and OL (OG/OC/OT) in round 2

unless, of course, there is overwhelming value in that round ie if warmack or cooper are on the board and star/richardson/floyd are gone

bottom line is that we can get starters on DL and OL in rounds 1 and 2 this year

JMO

Woods

Reaction score
visionary;5005416 said:
i think we will sign a starter at either OG or DT in FA
we will go for the other position with our first round pick

since impact DTs are likely to cost more in FA than a OG, i am thinking we sign a potential starter at OG, and then go DT in round 1 and OL (OG/OC/OT) in round 2

unless, of course, there is overwhelming value in that round ie if warmack or cooper are on the board and star/richardson/floyd are gone

bottom line is that we can get starters on DL and OL in rounds 1 and 2 this year

JMO

I would like to see that too.

And it would probably be cheaper to get the OG in FA. We can move Berny to OC to compete against Costa. And we can then draft a hopefully versatile guy who can play both OT/OG and compete against Parnell.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Gaede;5005390 said:

I wouldn't say that Cooper is a guard only. He can play center and some scouts think with his feet he could also play tackle.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Bigdog;5005424 said:
I wouldn't say that Cooper is a guard only. He can play center and some scouts think with his feet he could also play tackle.

I think Cooper is going to be the pick.

Originally thought it would be one of the DT's, but they seem to be shooting up draft boards.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gaede;5005390 said:
..These guys are guards and ONLY guards. They won't go super high and needy teams will pass them over to get a more premium position.

I think so, too. They'll both end up dropping farther than OG-hungry fans think they are going to when the draft actually rolls around. Just like DeCastro did last year.

Gaede

Reaction score
Risen Star;5005393 said:

Not being dismissive of the players, just the thought that both these guys are going top 10.

I think we should take one absolutely. And I'd be extremely surprised if they both went before our pick.

RamziD

Reaction score
So, are they weighing-in/measuring the OL today? If so, are we going to get updates or one of those fancy spreadsheets from xwalker and the likes? Those are always great resources and much appreciated by everyone.

Boys122

Reaction score
I'd be happy with either one but Cooper can play guard or center. Maybe we look for that guard that can play center to or that tackle that can play guard.

At least you have more options in that scenario.For example: Fluker, Cooper, Thomas, Jones, Frederick.

Gaede

Reaction score
Boys122;5005477 said:
I'd be happy with either one but Cooper can play guard or center. Maybe we look for that guard that can play center to or that tackle that can play guard.

At least you have more options in that scenario.For example: Fluker, Cooper, Thomas, Jones, Frederick.

Great point. The team definitely values flexibility in their OL

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Brian Winters. He's probably the most flexible of all the OL prospects.