Cooper/Warmack

Gaede

Reaction score
If we don't come away with Cooper, Warmack, Warford or Fluker in the first--and yes, I think Warford sneaks in round 1 like Zeitler last year--then I'd want Thomas or Frederick in round 2.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack Bauer;5005372 said:
Cooper: 6'2", 311 lbs. 34" reach

Warmack 6'2", 317 lbs. 34 7/8" reach.

First... Anyone still worried about cooper's size?

Second... That's pretty good reach for guards. We need to get one of these guys.

I've been anxiously awaiting the info on these 2 players. That is exactly where I thought that Cooper would weigh in. I'm surprised that Warmack came in under his college listed weight of 322.

The excellent arm length is just a bonus on top of the already known ability of these two players.

I'm curious to see how these two do in the speed/quickness measurables.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
xwalker;5005499 said:
I've been anxiously awaiting the info on these 2 players. That is exactly where I thought that Cooper would weigh in. I'm surprised that Warmack came in under his college listed weight of 322.

The excellent arm length is just a bonus on top of the already known ability of these two players.

I'm curious to see how these two do in the speed/quickness measurables.

Agreed. And I normally don't give two rat's behinds about the underwear Olympics but I do like to see how the OL does on the agility and the 10 meter "dash".

Other than that, what they do during this time has nothing to do with what type of football player they are, their game tape shows what type of player they are.

But for two players at the same position we're looking at, I like to see how they compare on the shuttle, 3 cone drill and the 10 yards.

RS12

Reaction score
reddyuta;5005380 said:
I would love to take one of these guys but its going to be defense again with the first pick.

This. Both are safe picks but too many holes on defense.

RS12

Reaction score
Gaede;5005491 said:
If we don't come away with Cooper, Warmack, Warford or Fluker in the first--and yes, I think Warford sneaks in round 1 like Zeitler last year--then I'd want Thomas or Frederick in round 2.

Read Fluker down to 339.

burmafrd

Reaction score
RS12;5005515 said:
This. Both are safe picks but too many holes on defense.

every time I hear that- and its every year I hear that- I wonder how so many can be so blind

RS12

Reaction score
Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm
Wisconsin OL Travis Frederick, ready to chop down a few trees. pic.twitter.com/wxONjCXfyT
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite More

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
RS12;5005516 said:
Read Fluker down to 339.

That's really good for him. If he can get to say 335 and show some agility, he's a 1st round lock and a guy I would go get! I love the way he plays. I just hate that he is so slow out of his stance in pass protection.

RS12

Reaction score
burmafrd;5005517 said:
every time I hear that- and its every year I hear that- I wonder how so many can be so blind

Fact: Kiffins defense wont work with current personnel. Huge holes on the D Line and Safety and one LB.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RS12;5005516 said:
Read Fluker down to 339.

ABQCOWBOY;5005521 said:
That's really good for him. If he can get to say 335 and show some agility, he's a 1st round lock and a guy I would go get! I love the way he plays. I just hate that he is so slow out of his stance in pass protection.

He really needed to come in lower than 339, IMO. At under 6-5, 339 is really heavy for an OT.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RS12;5005520 said:
Wisconsin OL Travis Frederick, ready to chop down a few trees. pic.twitter.com/wxONjCXfyT

In my best Darren Hambrick voice, "What do chop down a few trees mean?".

Boys122

Reaction score
Gaede;5005479 said:
Great point. The team definitely values flexibility in their OL

Seeing OL is such an pressing need, that would be the best way to go about it.

RS12

Reaction score
Walter Cherepinsky ‏@walterfootball
Wow, @TonyPauline reports that #UNC G Jonathan Cooper rated ahead of #Alabama G Chance Warmack by some teams - http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/scoutingreport2013jcooper.php#rumors …
Expand

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RS12;5005535 said:
Wow, @TonyPauline reports that #UNC G Jonathan Cooper rated ahead of #Alabama G Chance Warmack by some teams - http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/scoutingreport2013jcooper.php#rumors …
Expand

I would rate Cooper over Warmack for the Zone Blocking Scheme and possibly for all teams if he can really play Center.

RS12

Reaction score
#Arkansas G Alvin Bailey measures in at 6-3, 312. Impressive 34 3/4 arms. #NFLCombine - http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/combine2013OL.php …
Expand

Bill Rabinowitz ‏@brdispatch
Reid Fragel just spoke with media at #NFLcombine. Weighed in at 308.6 lbs, height is 6-7 1/2. Frame, athleticism are main strengths.
Expand

#Alabama OT D.J. Fluker measures in at 6-5, 339 with super long 36 3/4 arms at #NFLCombine - http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/combine2013OL.php …
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

burmafrd

Reaction score
RS12;5005522 said:
Fact: Kiffins defense wont work with current personnel. Huge holes on the D Line and Safety and one LB.

FACT: protect your franchize QB FIRST. You do realize that Romo has had at least ONE BROKEN BONE the last THREE YEARS?

SacramentoKing

Nunez21
Reaction score
RS12;5005535 said:
Expand

Broaddus really loves Cooper also. Always tweeting about him.

RS12

Reaction score
Joe Person ‏@josephperson
The irony of UNC G Jonathan Cooper wanting to gain weight? He was too big to qualify for Pop Warner, was waterboy for his brother's team.

:laugh2:

Joe Everett ‏@RookieDraft
#UNC OG Jonathan Cooper on his toughest competition during his career; "#Clemson DT Jarvis Jenkins was definitely one of the toughest."

Will Brinson ‏@willbrinson
Cooper asked if a guard worth a top five pick in the draft? "I dare say so."

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Cooper said his goal is 35 reps of 225 on the bench

Jonathan Cooper says he wants to "level out at 312, 315 [pounds]" and "maintain his speed and foot quickness"

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Cooper: "I'm a combination of power and athleticism...I'm comfortable with anything. I'm versatile to handle either."

Jon Dove ‏@Jon_Dove42
Cooper sounds like a well spoken dude. only helps his already high draft stock. love how he's embracing possible center move

Cooper asked about Duke v UNC: "I wanted academics, athletics and the social aspect & I didn't know if Duke could provide me all of those."

#UNC OG Jonathan Cooper on Chance Warmack; "I'm just glad to have had a chance to meet him just to finally realize that he is human."
Expand

Mario ‏@mario_clp
Smart. RT @josephperson: Besides eating, Cooper says he's been working on snapping to show teams he can play guard or center.

North Carolina OG Jonathan Cooper is quite engaging. Best quick guard in draft? Maybe. pic.twitter.com/SE1NE1kyLb

Matt Mosley ‏@mattmosley
RT @LesBowen: UNC guard Jonathan Cooper bulked up to 312 for combine. He's a top prospect. http://******/XnSez8 -- Cowboys like this guy.

#UMC OG Jonathan Cooper; "We actually had a few gap schemes + we ran power when I got to NC. I can run anything." http://twitpic.com/c5okdz

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
Cooper comfortable playing in zone or gap scheme. Said he loves to pull and play in space. Said he has met with several teams.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
Jonathan Cooper from North Carolina. Said he has played center in 2010. He weighs 312. pic.twitter.com/OZWIDBWTek

RS12

Reaction score
Cooper's draft stock rises if he can play Center. Also if he got offered by Duke he is smart and of high character.