Twitter: Cooper was effectively benched

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Amari Cooper on his worst day is 10x better than the guys who were in. There is more to this story than Amari not playing well. Hopefully we'll hear more about his injury situation,

The only story to Amari not playing well is him reverting back to his prime Oakland form. He complained of not enough targets back in Oakland. He comes here in 2018 and gets WR1 treatment and loves it. He played like WR1 last year. Now, not so much. Earlier in the season, he complained of not enough targets. Even though Dak was absolute trash last night, Amari only caught 4 of 12 targets. He didn't even try on some. He's given up. He said he's felt the best he's felt in a while not long ago. He's back to Oakland Amari, just in time for us to not pay him.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Wow. He sucked that bad that he was benched in favor of Austin and Bryant. And you guys want to keep him? Garrett’s way of doing things is very stupid, but Amari is obviously not living up to standards. Him or Dak will walk at the end of the season. Hopefully both.
Good God, Mary.

links18

Reaction score
What do you imbeciles want to do? Cut everybody? Cut Dak? Cut Cooper?

Ok let’s say they part ways with Dak and Cooper. Now you go into next year with what at QB? Copper Rush? And we have him throwing to who? Gallup and tavon and Cobb?

That team would go 1-15 with bill Belichick as the head coach with full control of football operations

People just frustrated and start talking nonsense. Everyone is looked at as a lazy bum after games like that, especially players who are supposed to be top of the line. Cooper has had his drops, but whatever his supposedly uninspired facial expressions, he needed to be out there with the game on the line. If he is too much of an attitude problem, just let him walk after the season. But hard to judge with this coaching and this organization. He went from Oakland West to Oakland East. Give him a real coach and a real offensive scheme, along with a more accurate passer.

cern

Reaction score
Maybe being benched (if that's actually what happened, and I believe it is, because he played like garbage) will light a fire under his *** for the duration of his stay at camp cupcake.
Hate to say it but I expect just the opposite affect. Lots of sulking and pouting from him lately. Probably a statement about his feelings for the coaching staff.

Paradox

Reaction score

Ok let’s say they part ways with Dak and Cooper. Now you go into next year with what at QB? Copper Rush? And we have him throwing to who? Gallup and tavon and Cobb?

That team would go 1-15 with bill Belichick as the head coach with full control of football operations

I don't think anybody wants a Rush led team. I think they would find someone better than him, but I don't like the idea of letting Dak or Cooper go anyway. And I don't think they will, having traded irrecoverable assets for Coop. I'd franchise Dak and draft a future replacement to inspire some competition.

Even with garbage special teams, we'd still have a stacked playoff roster with an entire coaching staff swap. Why not get coaches who can use Zeke properly? Which starts with no more zone blocking schemes. Just line up and beat your man! I loved Colombo the player, but come on.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Don't cut everybody, but we need to cut the people asking for a lot of money without producing (Dak, Byron, and Amari). Honestly, as much as I want to cut Amari right now, we need to tag him, release Dak, bring in Riley, and draft Hurts (preferably for Riley) or another QB. Then use the rest of the draft for defense and a TE. Cut Witten. Keep Jarwin and the rookie TE. Keep Cobb if he accepts a cheap deal. If not, release is *** and put Devin Smith in his spot. Our starting lineup would be Jarwin, Rookie TE, Smith, Cooper, Zeke, Pollard, rookie QB, and Gallup. Sounds good with a new Offensive Coordinator.

As for defense, we'll have to build around D-Law since we overpaid him. I want to cut Jaylon. I don't care how much his cap hit is. Cut his ***. Keep LVE and maybe try to draft another LB. We need a new safety. We need to try to get Jamal Adams, but if not, draft one in the 2nd round or 3rd round after getting a new QB. We'll also need a new DE to "compliment" D-Law, and 2 DT's. So, 1 QB, 1 TE, 2 DT's, 1 Safety, 1 DE. Perfect draft. I'm forgetting some more complimentary draft picks we may pick up. If we get more picks, we need to get another CB since Bryon "Great CB" Jones will likely be released, as will Awuzie and someone else.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Look at Cooper’s body. To me he is overweight. He got very soft looking this season. I am being serious. Anyone else see this?

We need to tag him to keep him til next year. We will release Dak and get a QB. If Amari doesn't get his act together, his *** will be walking at the end of 2020. Don't worry.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hate to say it but I expect just the opposite affect. Lots of sulking and pouting from him lately. Probably a statement about his feelings for the coaching staff.
Could be. He's hard to read, but if he's never been punished for acting like a baby, maybe this will make him grow up....or give up. Either way, we'll find out what we've got, and hopefully deal with it accordingly. Such a shame, he seemed like the type of player we want on this team.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Could be. He's hard to read, but if he's never been punished for acting like a baby, maybe this will make him grow up....or give up. Either way, we'll find out what we've got, and hopefully deal with it accordingly. Such a shame, he seemed like the type of player we want on this team.

He was exposed in Oakland for the true player he was. We all fell for the facade that he changed and turned a new leaf. We were lied too. He's done for. Let him go to Miami.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Well, a Copper Rush isn't nearly as exciting sounding as a Gold Rush, but the value of copper has been going up lately.

Just kidding, he sucks. I just couldn't resist the joke.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Another WR will meet his Dez on this offense.
WR come to Dallas to Die.....

My personal opinion is these guys start to check-out about 2/3rd into the season because they recognize the futility of Cowboys coaching. Like any player they want their coaches to step up with some coaching innovation and unfortunately in Dallas they get none of that which means it's all on them.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This means that Garrett was essentially being polite in the pc. If he talked the way most people want him to he would have said we benched him for not being good enough today.
Would have been a breath of fresh air. Holding players accountable is reserved for Jimmy and Parcels

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Would have been a breath of fresh air. Holding players accountable is reserved for Jimmy and Parcels
I know you strongly dislike Garrett, but you have to admit that if he'd been blunt about Cooper playing poorly, everyone would be flaying him for not keeping it in house.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Garrett has zero to do with the offense.

Bless your heart if you really think this. It's his offense. We have had the same exact offense since he arrived in 2007. Kellen calls plays from his offensive scheme. He might not actively call plays but his handprints are all on this thing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I personally feel like Cooper is hurt.

He does not look the same. His explosiveness and quickness are nowhere near what they were earlier in the season. His legs are beat up.

The struggle with road games is an issue. For sure.

But anyway, I’m ready to see Garrett get benched for his lack of production.

Honestly, I don’t know how the players stomach looking at him anymore.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know you strongly dislike Garrett, but you have to admit that if he'd been blunt about Cooper playing poorly, everyone would be flaying him for not keeping it in house.
He should have held him accountable beforehand and not have been in this position! Jeezus.....

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What contract talks? If he's healthy, there is nothing to talk about...........he's not a money player and I hope to god we aren't going to be the suckers paying him big money. Give me Randall Cobb. That dude has the kind of toughness we need.