Twitter: Cooper was effectively benched

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The Eagles were doubling him through out the game . They would have doubled him in that situation. Even if he was not playing well, he would have been more effective as a decoy than Austin and Bryant in that situation. This is another dumb mistake my JG and the coaching staff.
Lol, Bryant was in on that play? LOL!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Look at Cooper’s body. To me he is overweight. He got very soft looking this season. I am being serious. Anyone else see this?

He decided to play this season at 225, which is dumb on so many levels. He even talked about the added weight earlier in the season. As someone said in another thread, this is like Chad Johnson or Marvin Harrison suddenly deciding to play at a weight 10-15 lbs heavier than normal. It doesnt play to his strengths whatsoever. Just idiotic....

stinkface

Reaction score
My thoughts on your post (which I think was pretty darn well thought out)

I may not have the answers. But I know one thing for sure. Dak Prescott isn’t your problem. There are what 10 men on planet earth that are good enough to win a super bowl at QB. Dak is one of those 10. And you want to cut him? Ha! That is insane. And a terrible take from you. Listen to some other people. Most football fans think Dak is a great player.

As for what I would do?

I franchise Dak. That’s a no brainer. I never would’ve signed zeke. Not for that kind of money. Yep

I let cooper walk unless it’s a good deal for the Dallas Cowboys. Draft lamb or Jeudy. Whether you have cooper or not. Yep, although I do think he has been hurt for the last half of the season

Let Cobb go. It’s over for him. Too many drops. YEP

Tavon Austin? Gone. Too dumb. YEP, except he's not dumb, he's just a one trick pony

Retire Witten. Retire Lee. Tyfys. One out of two. Witten gone. Lee back with a team friendly deal

Keep drafting offensive linemen. Can never have too many. Nothing over a 5th rounder in the draft of O Linemen. We have a bunch who are young who are under contract

Don’t take risks in the draft. Take the smart solid players. No injury or troubled players. YEP

Sign Byron Jones. He’s an elite CB. Only if its team friendly. The dude gets zero turnovers and didn't play as well this year as last year

Dump awuzie and Jordan Lewis. Chido is soft and a quitter. Lewis May get a turnover. But he gets burnt at an awfully bad rate. Keep them and let them compete at camp

No trades for players that act like they wanna be here. Not worth it. YEP

And finally I find a no nonsense coach. Whether that’s McDaniels or Meyer or Riley or whoever. I want a coach that makes Jerry very very nervous. A coach that puts everybody on eggshells. Everybody uncomfortable. Shakes this whole thing up. Does not care of Jerry fires them or not. YEP TWICE

Get a young innovative play caller in here. They exist. Go get one. Go get Joe Brady from LSU. Maybe. Moore's first year. He's done some good things.

Go get an aggressive Def coordinator that places an emphasis on turnovers. Practice taking the ball away. ALL THE TIME YEP

Well that’s just a start any how

More stuff to add.

DRAFT A real Safety

DRAFT a BIG UGLY DT

Better Punter

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Michael Irvin was shut out in the 1995 playoffs against the Eagles. He had no catches for zero yards until Troy went to him late in the 4th quater for a TD. Final stat line: 1 catch for 9 yards and a TD.

There is no way it made any sense to not have Cooper out there in that situation, if even to just draw coverage. None. It was moronic. Organization is clueless and whoever is feeding this "he was benched" line to the media is covering for more coaching incompetence. We never bench anyone and all of a sudden we bench two starters in one game including our #1 receiver and high profile trade acquisition ? BS. If you believe that, I have beach front condo in Nunavuut for sale. Get back to me when Witten is benched because the guy behind him is just better.
yeah thats how I see it , this is all bs.
And if your going to bench a player, dont wait till the last play of the game lol :lmao2:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
If he was in fact benched then that’s a good thing.. he was playing lifeless.. almost like he didn’t want to be out there.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Don't give two craps if he played like crap through the whole game. He makes a TD there, good on him. He still needs to be out there on that play. Even if he doesn't see the ball. One more thing the defense has to worry about. Dumb move/decision by a worthless coaching staff.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak should've been benched first. Seems like they don't want to address why the receivers as a whole are looking down.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lol, Bryant was in on that play? LOL!

Bryant has 1 reception for the entire season...………..and he was lined up at WR on the play that decided our season.

Its almost like Garrett was trying to throw the game, no way in hell would you send out Bryant instead of Cooper or Cobb if you were seriously trying to win.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Bryant has 1 reception for the entire season...………..and he was lined up at WR on the play that decided our season.

Its almost like Garrett was trying to throw the game, no way in hell would you send out Bryant instead of Cooper or Cobb if you were seriously trying to win.
This just adds to the moronic things that happen at the end of games under Garrett. There’s always something that is off big time.

InTheZone

Reaction score

sounds like Garrett is trying to protect himself from criticism for failures on his part, he must think so little of the Joneses.

johneric8

Reaction score
To be honest, who hasn't regressed this year under this coaching staff? It's just time for a change.
Exactly, none of the players believe in the head coach anymore and their mindset is held together by a string.

It's nice to see you get what is wrong with our team as opposed putting it on our players. 10 years with the freckled puppet have caused some serious damage.