Cooper

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
name a number one on either sb teams? I don’t Call Hill or Watkins a #1 guy they are hot and cold, but their hots are blazing with the best qb in the league. Would you call Edelman a number one for the patriots or a great scheme guy.

I think there’s plenty of ways to get better at the position while getting better everywhere else by letting a handful of moves with our current players.
Tyreek Hill is unequivocally a #1 WR. Alshon was absolutely a #1. Gronk was a #1 receiver, the Pats have basically just been the only team to understand how to leverage the matchup problems he creates to support WRs, rather than the other way around.

EVERY good offense has players who dictate coverage. Those are #1s. Dallas only has Amari. The WR by committee approach doesn't work for anyone.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Hill is a borderline WR 1 at best.
Alshon Hasn't been a WR 1 since 2014
Gronk is a TE.

Cooper is one of the most inconsistent WR's in the league, and sorry I am not willing to pay him top 5 money.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Hill is a borderline WR 1 at best.
Alshon Hasn't been a WR 1 since 2014
Gronk is a TE.

Cooper is one of the most inconsistent WR's in the league, and sorry I am not willing to pay him top 5 money.

I don't understand your knock on Coop...if you wan't to call out the injury concerns I get it, bc I'd agree, but how many WRs haven gone for 1K+ in a majority of there first several seasons?

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I don't understand your knock on Coop...if you wan't to call out the injury concerns I get it, bc I'd agree, but how many WRs haven gone for 1K+ in a majority of there first several seasons?

For one I think Cooper is going to be Miles Austin. He is going to get his pay day, and you never see him "play: through an injury again. I don't trust his heart and passion for football, and people can say oh well he isn't a diva like other WR's, but he reminds me of a lot of athletes that get their payday and what you think is just a guy who doesn't show a lot of emotions turns into the dude who really just doesn't give a ****.

I was PO that they didn't have him out there the last plays against the Eagles, but I am starting to think they realized he doesn't really give a ****, so why am I going to risk my job for this guy. Same reason why the Raiders got rid of him they questioned his passion and love for football.

I DO NOT WANT TO PAY THAT TOP 5 WR MONEY!!!

cnuball21

Reaction score
For one I think Cooper is going to be Miles Austin. He is going to get his pay day, and you never see him "play: through an injury again. I don't trust his heart and passion for football, and people can say oh well he isn't a diva like other WR's, but he reminds me of a lot of athletes that get their payday and what you think is just a guy who doesn't show a lot of emotions turns into the dude who really just doesn't give a ****.

I was PO that they didn't have him out there the last plays against the Eagles, but I am starting to think they realized he doesn't really give a ****, so why am I going to risk my job for this guy. Same reason why the Raiders got rid of him they questioned his passion and love for football.

I DO NOT WANT TO PAY THAT TOP 5 WR MONEY!!!

Well yea if that’s all true then I wouldn’t pay him either. But unless you’re in the locker room or have quotes of teammates saying those things it’s all speculative and you’re opinion.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Well yea if that’s all true then I wouldn’t pay him either. But unless you’re in the locker room or have quotes of teammates saying those things it’s all speculative and you’re opinion.

All of it is speculative until you're stuck with 50 or so million in guaranteed money.

There were many reasons why the Raiders got rid of him one is, of course, they are the raiders, but one consensus reason was they did not care for his demeanor and questioned his love for football. If you watch him play I don't think you need to question it at all. It's like all of us doing something that isn't our passion if we are doing well we will enjoy it a little more if we aren't we might just call it a short day.

I feel so strongly about this I am willing to bet if we do indeed sign Amari to a top 5 contract it will be one of the top 3 worst contracts we have ever given out.

visionary

Reaction score
And TENN just won two playoff games using it, and SF made the super bowl using.

You really need to get off this kick. What has stopped being relevant is the thought that running games are useless.

you’re wasting your time with this guy

cnuball21

Reaction score
All of it is speculative until you're stuck with 50 or so million in guaranteed money.

There were many reasons why the Raiders got rid of him one is, of course, they are the raiders, but one consensus reason was they did not care for his demeanor and questioned his love for football. If you watch him play I don't think you need to question it at all. It's like all of us doing something that isn't our passion if we are doing well we will enjoy it a little more if we aren't we might just call it a short day.

I feel so strongly about this I am willing to bet if we do indeed sign Amari to a top 5 contract it will be one of the top 3 worst contracts we have ever given out.

If there are legit concerns around his effort and work ethic then I'm a little hesitant. If we're concerned about his "demeanor" while he racks up 1K+ yards and clicks well with Dak I could care less. He's a WR...I don't need him being the top leader of the team and screaming down the sidelines.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I certainly understand the desires to continue to build a strong air attack. All but one of the last 11 Super Bowl winners have had well above average passing attacks. That being said, I'm also evaluating the entire team and want to build as complete a roster as possible. This is why I think WR not named Juedy/Lambn would be a bad pick at 17. The class is loaded to add quality depth. See what's available in the 2nd-4th and maximize value.