1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Cooper's Drop on 3rd and five

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cmoney23, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

8,588 Messages
    7,003 Likes Received
    5 years of mediocrity?

He has won the division twice.

Won a playoff game two years ago.

Rookie of the year.

2 x pro bowler.

That is not mediocre.

Sorry.

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

27,673 Messages
    20,641 Likes Received
    Sure, HE has won the division.. We’ve seen him when Zeke is out, Cooper wasn’t here and Smith is out or the year after defenses adjusted to Linehan’s use of Cooper.. Quincy Carter levels of futility and stats like 4 INTs returned for TDs..

Vandyr likes this.
  3. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

8,588 Messages
    7,003 Likes Received
    SO you are saying that is you take everything away from him, he is ineffective?

You don't say? :facepalm:

4. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

27,673 Messages
    20,641 Likes Received
    Uh, when one guy is out, such as Zeke, Cooper or Smith, he not only struggles, he absolutely blows.. 100 yards against a garbage Redskins defense, struggled against the Giants and Raiders during that stretch, meaning bottom dwellers, couldn’t put up double digits against three winning teams when Zeke was suspended, and soon..

5. freemanjc19

freemanjc19 Active Member

171 Messages
    117 Likes Received

This is what happens when you don't stretch the field. The Rams were playing a TRAP defense which is essentially hybrid Cover 2. The seems is where the offensive coordinator should have been attacking. That's why if the OC was up top in the booth, he would have saw it and adjusted his play calling. I just don't think Kellen Moore is ready to be calling plays without the HC giving him the green/red light on the call that goes in. He is too inexperienced and I think other team know this.

6. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

2,838 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    Who "hates" Dak?.. no one here knows him personally to hate him..now some might think he stinks or a bum,but that's a big difference from hating him..the word hater is used way to often for something as trivial as someone liking or not liking a player..I'm not a big fan of dakota,does that mean I hate him? No,it means I don't think he's anything but average..hates a strong word,use it wisely.

Vandyr likes this.
  7. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

10,667 Messages
    14,193 Likes Received
    Here is the reality that most around here don't like to accept.

Sometimes the defense just makes a play. People here need to point the venomous finger at one of our own for every single play that didn't work.
    Sometimes everyone did everything right and the defender just makes a nice play.

Dak did the right thing, Cooper didn't do anything wrong.

People need to stop this non stop witch hunt.

BigTimeBlues, JustChip and Swagger like this.
  8. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

15,313 Messages
    13,167 Likes Received
    Big time hit, whether you like it or not. The other team gets paid to make plays too.

Would have been nice for him to hold on to it, but the ball is gonna get popped out in that circumstance a lot of the time.

BigTimeBlues likes this.
  9. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

15,313 Messages
    13,167 Likes Received
    Big time hit, whether you like it or not. The other team gets paid to make plays too.

Would have been nice for him to hold on to it, but the ball is gonna get popped out in that circumstance a lot of the time.

Swagger likes this.
  10. Gangsta Spanksta

Gangsta Spanksta Well-Known Member

5,068 Messages
    3,323 Likes Received
    it's because the rest of us thought that Ramsey was a beast that night and that was a good hit on Coop.

Swagger likes this.
  11. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

11,709 Messages
    17,154 Likes Received
    Its Dak fault for hitting Coop in his hands with the ball. Lol ok then.

12. charron

charron Well-Known Member

6,346 Messages
    6,626 Likes Received

Was more than that play that was an issue. It's many plays like this. Nobody on this team wants to be great. There's no fight, no dog, who wants to own the yard.

plymkr likes this.
  13. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,171 Messages
    4,017 Likes Received
    I agree, if he demands elite money then he has to make elite catches. Ramsey did make a good play but Coop had it and dropped it. I'm sick of other team's "elite" players beating our "elite" players. It seems like out elite players play great against lesser talent. Elite players should be able to get the job done against other elite players. Ala Erik Williams vs Reggie White, Michael Irvin vs Eric Allen, Emmitt Smith vs the entire Bills team. I'm starting to think our "elite" guys are just average and our average guys wouldn't play for anyone else. But I digress, Cooper has to make that play, the ball got to him and was catchable and he had it in his hands. He dropped it because he's average and he can't be relied on. I feel much better going to Gallup or Elliot when we need a play than Coop.

rocyaice likes this.
  14. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,171 Messages
    4,017 Likes Received
    Yep, when the ball came out I was like "Why did he put 72 rotations per second on that and not 46?". That's the difference between him making 30 million vs 45 million. Mahomes would have accounted for wind resistance, no crowd noise and the Earth's curvature. Ridiculous

Risen Star likes this.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,606 Messages
    37,060 Likes Received
    Thread fail

16. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,864 Messages
    22,689 Likes Received
    Tough catch, but for $20 million a season I expect him to hold onto it.

blueblood70 likes this.
  17. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,851 Messages
    8,350 Likes Received
    True.. but then Amari’s being paid @$20mil per to make those kinds of catches.

Beast_from_East likes this.
  18. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

7,454 Messages
    6,543 Likes Received
    Cooper had it, not long enough for it to be considered possession, but he did catch it until Ramsey jarred it loose. Cooper is no Charlie Joiner, I can see that. Or was that Wes Chandler?

19. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

10,156 Messages
    7,093 Likes Received
    Either.

20. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

11,429 Messages
    17,247 Likes Received
    This was as a heck of a play by ramsey. This was great instinct and awareness something we dont see out of our secondary

Flamma likes this.