Cooper's Drop on 3rd and five

Ken

Reaction score
Five years of mediocrity with a talented roster and one of the best OL in football, while we wasted a SB window to make this offense “Dak-friendly”.. Sorry, this isn’t a garbage franchise with a trash roster that Dak stepped into..
5 years of mediocrity?

He has won the division twice.

Won a playoff game two years ago.

Rookie of the year.

2 x pro bowler.

That is not mediocre.

Sorry.

khiladi

Reaction score
5 years of mediocrity?

He has won the division twice.

Won a playoff game two years ago.

Rookie of the year.

2 x pro bowler.

That is not mediocre.

Sorry.

Sure, HE has won the division.. We’ve seen him when Zeke is out, Cooper wasn’t here and Smith is out or the year after defenses adjusted to Linehan’s use of Cooper.. Quincy Carter levels of futility and stats like 4 INTs returned for TDs..

Ken

Reaction score
Sure, HE has won the division.. We’ve seen him when Zeke is out, Cooper wasn’t here and Smith is out or the year after defenses adjusted to Linehan’s use of Cooper.. Quincy Carter levels of futility and stats like 4 INTs returned for TDs..
SO you are saying that is you take everything away from him, he is ineffective?

You don't say? :facepalm:

khiladi

Reaction score
SO you are saying that is you take everything away from him, he is ineffective?

You don't say? :facepalm:

Uh, when one guy is out, such as Zeke, Cooper or Smith, he not only struggles, he absolutely blows.. 100 yards against a garbage Commanders defense, struggled against the Giants and Raiders during that stretch, meaning bottom dwellers, couldn’t put up double digits against three winning teams when Zeke was suspended, and soon..

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Why isn't anyone pointing out the drop Cooper had on 3rd and 5.

He had the first. Caught the ball and was tackled. Coughed it up to the point they initially called it a fumble.

(You can say he got a BIG HIT but it wasn't) You have to hold on to that ball.

That play changed the game, IMO, as much as any play.

This is what happens when you don't stretch the field. The Rams were playing a TRAP defense which is essentially hybrid Cover 2. The seems is where the offensive coordinator should have been attacking. That's why if the OC was up top in the booth, he would have saw it and adjusted his play calling. I just don't think Kellen Moore is ready to be calling plays without the HC giving him the green/red light on the call that goes in. He is too inexperienced and I think other team know this.

bigE79

Reaction score
I wish you would use this same lense with every other qb in the NFL.

You haters act like Dak is the only qb in the NFL that he a few mistargets in a game. Unreal.
Who "hates" Dak?.. no one here knows him personally to hate him..now some might think he stinks or a bum,but that's a big difference from hating him..the word hater is used way to often for something as trivial as someone liking or not liking a player..I'm not a big fan of dakota,does that mean I hate him? No,it means I don't think he's anything but average..hates a strong word,use it wisely.

superonyx

Reaction score
Here is the reality that most around here don't like to accept.

Sometimes the defense just makes a play. People here need to point the venomous finger at one of our own for every single play that didn't work.
Sometimes everyone did everything right and the defender just makes a nice play.

Dak did the right thing, Cooper didn't do anything wrong.

People need to stop this non stop witch hunt.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

He had the first. Caught the ball and was tackled. Coughed it up to the point they initially called it a fumble.

Big time hit, whether you like it or not. The other team gets paid to make plays too.

Would have been nice for him to hold on to it, but the ball is gonna get popped out in that circumstance a lot of the time.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Big time hit, whether you like it or not. The other team gets paid to make plays too.

Would have been nice for him to hold on to it, but the ball is gonna get popped out in that circumstance a lot of the time.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

it's because the rest of us thought that Ramsey was a beast that night and that was a good hit on Coop.

CWR

Reaction score
LOL.

Everyone saying it was a zone, you are incorrect. It is simply Ramsey reading the play and peeling off to make the hit. If it was zone, that man on Cooper would be in a deep zone and not trying to cover him. Ramsey didn't peel off until the ball was in the air.

I know you love blaming everything on Dak though. :facepalm:

Its Dak fault for hitting Coop in his hands with the ball. Lol ok then.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Was more than that play that was an issue. It's many plays like this. Nobody on this team wants to be great. There's no fight, no dog, who wants to own the yard.

plymkr

Reaction score
People have said "Dak left him out to dry" and "Tough catch". Coop getting the pass for it but personally I Think that's a catch he needs to make.
I agree, if he demands elite money then he has to make elite catches. Ramsey did make a good play but Coop had it and dropped it. I'm sick of other team's "elite" players beating our "elite" players. It seems like out elite players play great against lesser talent. Elite players should be able to get the job done against other elite players. Ala Erik Williams vs Reggie White, Michael Irvin vs Eric Allen, Emmitt Smith vs the entire Bills team. I'm starting to think our "elite" guys are just average and our average guys wouldn't play for anyone else. But I digress, Cooper has to make that play, the ball got to him and was catchable and he had it in his hands. He dropped it because he's average and he can't be relied on. I feel much better going to Gallup or Elliot when we need a play than Coop.

plymkr

Reaction score
I chalked that up to Prescott putting an improper spin on the ball.

You guys have a lot to learn about football.
Yep, when the ball came out I was like "Why did he put 72 rotations per second on that and not 46?". That's the difference between him making 30 million vs 45 million. Mahomes would have accounted for wind resistance, no crowd noise and the Earth's curvature. Ridiculous

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Tough catch, but for $20 million a season I expect him to hold onto it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Cooper had it, not long enough for it to be considered possession, but he did catch it until Ramsey jarred it loose. Cooper is no Charlie Joiner, I can see that. Or was that Wes Chandler?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

This was as a heck of a play by ramsey. This was great instinct and awareness something we dont see out of our secondary