Cooper's Drop on 3rd and five

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree, if he demands elite money then he has to make elite catches. Ramsey did make a good play but Coop had it and dropped it. I'm sick of other team's "elite" players beating our "elite" players. It seems like out elite players play great against lesser talent. Elite players should be able to get the job done against other elite players. Ala Erik Williams vs Reggie White, Michael Irvin vs Eric Allen, Emmitt Smith vs the entire Bills team. I'm starting to think our "elite" guys are just average and our average guys wouldn't play for anyone else. But I digress, Cooper has to make that play, the ball got to him and was catchable and he had it in his hands. He dropped it because he's average and he can't be relied on. I feel much better going to Gallup or Elliot when we need a play than Coop.
Especially when it comes to Cooper. It seems like when Cooper goes up against the elite its rare he comes out on top.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Good defense from a good back. Michael Irvin would've caught it, but he'd also have manhandled Ramsey to the ground with no flags.

Modern NFL, no blame here. Coop's fine and he lost a battle with a good player. Ramsey lost a couple himself.

lukin2006

Reaction score
It is sickening that he got a 100 million payday. He is not worth it...too I cosistent.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No, that was on Coop. That was a hard hit, but with the rules these days not even in the same league with a Woodson, Lott, Atwater, etc. hit.

Not even close. He’s got to be aware. He has to hang on to those.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Trap coverage. There's some risk to it but these calls also lead to big plays made by the defense given its element of surprise. Given the yardage needed for the 1st down, good read and throw. But the WR is never expecting that 2nd CB to be there, so it comes down to him making the tough catch absorbing a hit he's not expecting. Hard to blame the WR there.

InTheZone

Reaction score
It is sickening that he got a 100 million payday. He is not worth it...too I cosistent.
Really? We're going to blame a phenomenal route runner rather than a simple, inconsistent QB? And if anyone wants to blame playcalling to defend Dak then that better also apply to Cooper. Defensive and offensive scheme dictate where the ball is going. So it's not always "Well Cooper is always the first or hot read so it's his fault if he doesn't bring in 200 yards a game"

Cmac

Reaction score
Come on. That’s a tough catch for anybody! That’s a hell of a play by Ramsey and the defense for playing zone with we anticipated man
Agree....Jalen Ramsey made a great play on that....left his man....probably from film study, experience, and DB IQ. Baffled by anyone to hate on Coop, for that play.

blueblood70

Reaction score
5 years of mediocrity?

He has won the division twice.

Won a playoff game two years ago.

Rookie of the year.

2 x pro bowler.

That is not mediocre.

Sorry.
really so why is garett no longer here if that the Bar now? they let JG go but we should pay Dak using the same stats JG got fired for? many players got paid premiums and the coach let go? really the players are more responsible for losses yet they continually are rewarded for yes pretty mediocre, none using the words terrible, bad, or suck Mediocre is where we are around 10-14 ranking year in and year out if you averaged out our finishes ..

its a two way street you fire the entire staff but the players are nearly ALL the SAME AND AFTER GAME 1 MORE OF THE SAME..

HMM WAS IT GARETT?

Ken

Reaction score
really so why is garett no longer here if that the Bar now? they let JG go but we should pay Dak using the same stats JG got fired for? many players got paid premiums and the coach let go? really the players are more responsible for losses yet they continually are rewarded for yes pretty mediocre, none using the words terrible, bad, or suck Mediocre is where we are around 10-14 ranking year in and year out if you averaged out our finishes ..

its a two way street you fire the entire staff but the players are nearly ALL the SAME AND AFTER GAME 1 MORE OF THE SAME..

HMM WAS IT GARETT?
Garrett had 10 years to get this thing right. There is a huge difference between what a player does and what the team does.

Sitting on the sideline clapping, spitting and butt slapping when your team goes 8-8 in year 10...you are fired.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Agree....Jalen Ramsey made a great play on that....left his man....probably from film study, experience, and DB IQ. Baffled by anyone to hate on Coop, for that play.
Exactly. Heck of a play by ramsey.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not a super easy catch, but a very catchable pass and one you would expect a 20 million receiver to make. Thought the ball placement was fine, but if it got there a split second faster likely a catch.

efh313

Reaction score
I'd like to talk trash... but it was really just one heck of play by Ramsey.
Maybe.... just maybe Cooper could have held on if he realized Ramsey was sniping him. But I don't think his Jedi powers were working on that particular play.
:facepalm:

Mr_437

Reaction score
I played CB in college and unloaded on WRs using that coverage. I said that to say, if you expect Amari to hold on to that pass your being delusional... that's a kill shot DBs dream of.