Cooper's Drop on 3rd and five

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good defense from a good back. Michael Irvin would've caught it, but he'd also have manhandled Ramsey to the ground with no flags.

Modern NFL, no blame here. Coop's fine and he lost a battle with a good player. Ramsey lost a couple himself.
seriously MI never dropped a pass or fumbled?

might be hard to remember RS games but i remember TWO thats 2 fumbles in an NFCCG that was part of a 21-0 hole they and missed the sb would have been 3 in row and a chance for 4 straight..

yes the player was MI, fumbled twice in huge game..

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'd call it a drop, but that's a tough one to put entirely on the WR.

It's just a good play like Ramsey to peel off his man - fooled both Dak and Amari..and the dozens of other QBs/WRs he's done the same thing to.

That's good defense. Ramsey knew exactly where the ball was going to. Predictable plays has its flaws. When you know where the ball is going to it gives the defense time to react and be there to stop the play. On the 4th down catch by Lamb was another example.

Cowboys desperately need to stop being predictable. Garrett is no longer here. I don't know why their using that same play over and over. Like the defense doesn't know by now what were going to do.

kumizi

Reaction score
His QB almost got him killed on the play. I dunno how anyone can blame Cooper

Creeper

Reaction score
It was a good play by Ramsey. Should Cooper have held onto that ball? Yes. Period. End of story. How much money is Cooper getting paid? WRs getting paid as much as Cooper are getting paid to hold on to balls like that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His QB almost got him killed on the play. I dunno how anyone can blame Cooper
How did his QB almost get him killed when the play in real time looked like a fumble? It was a foot away from being ruled a fumble...it wasn't the bang bang play you guys are making it seem. Not only that but Cooper has made that catch time and time again. And if he can't why is he here? Gallup and Lamb for sure can.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Why isn't anyone pointing out the drop Cooper had on 3rd and 5.

He had the first. Caught the ball and was tackled. Coughed it up to the point they initially called it a fumble.

(You can say he got a BIG HIT but it wasn't) You have to hold on to that ball.

That play changed the game, IMO, as much as any play.

Because the people here are programmed to hate Dak 24/7 and there isn’t any room to criticize anything else.

cmoney23

Reaction score
LOL.

Everyone saying it was a zone, you are incorrect. It is simply Ramsey reading the play and peeling off to make the hit. If it was zone, that man on Cooper would be in a deep zone and not trying to cover him. Ramsey didn't peel off until the ball was in the air.

I know you love blaming everything on Dak though. :facepalm:
^^This^^

cern

Reaction score
we lost because the overall game plan on offense was lacking. few motion plays allow defenses to figure out quicker what an offense is doing. it makes it more difficult for certain defensive positions to commit. the failure was on the coaches. not the players. i was ecstatic garrett was finally shown the door. but mac has to step it up. the rams game was a D at best.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He had the first. Caught the ball and was tackled. Coughed it up to the point they initially called it a fumble.

I think it's pretty hard to call that a drop. I see it as a good play by Ramsey. It doesn't matter that it wasn't a huge hit, it was a solid hit right on the ball just as he was catching and turning. The fact the refs originally called it a catch doesn't matter nearly as much as the fact replay showed it was not a catch.

And remember, refs are more inclined to rule a catch on a close play and potential fumble so they can let things play out and see who comes up with the ball in case replay shows it really was a fumble. If they blow it dead and nobody goes after the ball, then the replay shows it was a fumble, they can't go back and see who would have recovered the ball.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

IDK how many times i seen Heath and Woods get called for hit on a defensless receiver on this kind of play.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is on Dak. He got fooled by the zone defense and didnt realize Ramsey wasn't in man and let his guy go down the sideline.

That was a classic Medicine ball and he is lucky cooper did not get injured.

the ball should have gone down the sideline.
Only a matter of luck that one of our WR hasn't been killed with Daks high-low ones....:(