Copycat league: Dallas needs to copy San Fran

blueblood70

Reaction score
The 49ers lost the Super Bowl.

If we are going to copy anyone, why not copy the winning team?
bucket
becusae we dont have Mahomes and you cant find them as easy as being more like SF..

we dont need to copy anyone we have anew staff and they will hopefully tailor a new system to fit our strengths bit we are closer to SF offensively then KC, thats hard to copy as Elite MVPS are hard to come by..thats why

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Why San Fran? They were the best version of themselves this year and weren't even close to being good enough to beat the Chiefs. Balance doesn't mean anything, and Shanny was horrible with his game management. The end of the first-half was straight JG.

KC is the model for the NFL right now - not because of their personnel, but because of their approach. They actually try to score as many points as they can, and it means their floor is absurdly low. They played poorly - Mahomes included - for 3 quarters and still scored 31 points.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys roster on offense is similar to San Fran's.. That Shanahan system is actually perfect for our personel.

The balance between the run and pass is what we have been trying to achieve and the way they scheme things just creates natural running lanes and the Shanahans do this with just about any team they have.

Now they have added that sweep with the WR and I would think that would be a new staple for all teams. The Debo samuel play. Dallas needs to make that play a priority in the offseason. (I think we may have done it a few times this year)

I know Jay Glazer told Jerry we needed a leader of men.. Blah blah.. But if I could have any coach in the league right now for our team it would probably be Shanahan. Zeke would probably set records in that offense.

You mean we should win 3-5 games for 3 seasons and use the picks to bolster the Dline?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Shanahan? Same guy that has now lost 2 4th quarter leads in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl? I’ll pass thanks.

Yeah.. His schemes are trash because you don’t like how he managed a game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You mean we should win 3-5 games for 3 seasons and use the picks to bolster the Dline?

Our Dline is close if we bring back Quinn.

We should see a quick turn around for the interior part of our defense.

Marijuana has hurt our DLine more then anything.

If Dallas doesn’t tighten up their coverage it won’t matter if we have 4 HOFrs rushing the QB.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Can you imagine Zeke with the Niners... damn that would be scary. The Niners lost that game because they pulled off the gas and played not to lose. That’s twice Kyle Shanahan gets a lead in the sb and blows it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

bucket
We don’t currently have the qb to replicate the Chiefs right now. We have the style of qb the Chiefs got rid of to get the one they have right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's cool.

I am not saying you are wrong, but seeing the collapse last night and the collapse he had as the Atlanta OC in 2016 (with a MVP QB no less), I don't know if the guy is "big time" yet.

And while I am not saying Andy Reid is a bad coach, as he was successful with other QBs, it took him getting a "Generational" type QB (and a complete collapse by the other coach) to finally win a Super Bowl.

I get it, you are hyper focused on the "mediocre QB" angle. But I try to look at the big picture, and FINALLY Dallas has a Real HC. You may not like MM, but IMO, if Dak can't succeed under MM, then the "Dak Haters" were right.

Having said all that, I would take Kyle, Andy or Mike over Garrett a long time ago. At least they bring SOMETHING to the table other than clapping all the dang time.

Dak won’t fail.

He has enough talent around him and the way he plays will always keep him slightly above average at worst.

visionary

Reaction score
Our Dline is close if we bring back Quinn.

We should see a quick turn around for the interior part of our defense.

Marijuana has hurt our DLine more then anything.

If Dallas doesn’t tighten up their coverage it won’t matter if we have 4 HOFrs rushing the QB.

“our DL is close “

LOL

That was funny

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah.. His schemes are trash because you don’t like how he managed a game.
Never said that. I’d rather not bring in a guy who folds under pressure and plays not to lose. Shanahan has proven that’s who he is. Twice. We just dumped one guy that played conservative. Why bring in another? McCarthy hasn’t even had a practice yet and you’re calling him a failure lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Never said that. I’d rather not bring in a guy who folds under pressure and plays not to lose. Shanahan has proven that’s who he is. Twice. We just dumped one guy that played conservative. Why bring in another? McCarthy hasn’t even had a practice yet and you’re calling him a failure lol

The guy is 40 years old. He’s an unbelievable coach and a couple of 2nd half’s in the Super Bowl doesn’t change that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

bucket

There is only one Mahomes and what KC is doing only works if you have that guy.

Tell me, how do you copy that? I think that this is what you really have to think about for a while.

I'm with Catch 100%. What we saw with San Fran is what we were supposed to be. Now, we are moving in another direction so I guess we'll see what that looks like. IDK.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
But if I could have any coach in the league right now for our team it would probably be Shanahan
Love what he does for the most part but I thought he screwed up several times last night. Surprising mistakes by a coach of his caliber ....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Cowboys roster on offense is similar to San Fran's.. That Shanahan system is actually perfect for our personel.

The balance between the run and pass is what we have been trying to achieve and the way they scheme things just creates natural running lanes and the Shanahans do this with just about any team they have.

Now they have added that sweep with the WR and I would think that would be a new staple for all teams. The Debo samuel play. Dallas needs to make that play a priority in the offseason. (I think we may have done it a few times this year)

I know Jay Glazer told Jerry we needed a leader of men.. Blah blah.. But if I could have any coach in the league right now for our team it would probably be Shanahan. Zeke would probably set records in that offense.
Always complaining about something. Coaching staff hasn’t even coached a game yet and you want someone else.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We can only dream about losing superbowls. No coach will matter. Jerruh is large and in charge and is gonna be the players best bud no matter what the cost.

dwmyers

Reaction score
We did adopt that scheme, since Kyle has borrowed it from his daddy, Mike. It's called the zone blocking scheme, and it's as old as the John Elway Super Bowls. We had an expert at coaching it in Bill Callahan,
back in the day. The question is, where do you get the play calling genius that can make it look so good?

Some good articles on The Ringer about this. Note also that Dallas has drafted much heavier linemen than the classic ZBS disciples like.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playo...an-zone-blocking-raheem-mostert-running-backs

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playo...shanahan-san-francisco-49ers-coach-super-bowl