Cord Cutting

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
Sorry if this is already been talked about, but has anyone switched to YoutubeTV, Hulu Live, or Sling?

rags747

Reaction score
Not sure what the ultimate solution is but we pay around $220 per month for Directv and that does not include the yearly NFL pkg.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I originally switched to Sling TV, but now I only have it for the Brazilian Globo channel. (For my GF)

I mostly only watch Star Trek though. I have HBO right now for GoT, but that will go away once the show ends.

You lose channels, but you pay a lot less and get the main channels. That was always the biggest issue with cable TV. They force a billion channels on you that you have to pay for that you most certainly never watch.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not sure what the ultimate solution is but we pay around $220 per month for Directv and that does not include the yearly NFL pkg.
You really need to negotiate that way way way down.

kskboys

Reaction score
I dropped DirectTV when they were running a special, then signed up under my wife's name. We now pay like $80/month or something like that.

Hardline

Reaction score
Get an Amazon Firestick and install Kodi on it.
I don't pay a single penny for TV.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I've got Vue to go along with Netflix, Hulu Plus and an antenna. Own a TiVo for DVR of OTA. Been doing this since dropping directv and the $140 dollar bill I was paying. Was already paying for Netflix, Hulu and Comcast internet so it saved me money.

rynochop

Reaction score
Dropped it a year ago and don't miss a thing. I have Netflix, Hulu, and Prime and a HD Antenna ($15 but one time purchase) for local channels/sports. Save over $100/mo. this route and love it.
Dumb question but how much trouble is it to switch between all these platforms? As in if I'm done watching Netflix or Hulu and want to watch the local news?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If you're getting content that you're supposed to pay for. That is theft. While Kodi is legal, there is a reason the DOJ is cracking down people selling devices pre-loaded with Kodi on them. Also to note, using Kodi with addons that were made to steal content. That is in fact illegal.

In the UK, they've started targeting Kodi users themselves. The President also noted last year that the DOJ is going to take aim at streaming pirates also. Not just people selling pre-loaded devices.

Just like Napster, there is a point coming that Kodi and for that matter Plex users who use these illegal addons for content theft will be the target.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dumb question but how much trouble is it to switch between all these platforms? As in if I'm done watching Netflix or Hulu and want to watch the local news?
Great question. It’s a bit of trouble. No flipping back from the Cowboys to the Astros to the Spurs with the push of 1 button.