Cordy Glenn

Randy White

Reaction score
Hey folks:

Watch the South practices today and pay close attention to #71 wearing the Georgia Bulldogs helmet. Mr. Glenn made alot of money today.. Alot. Look closely how he moves his feet in pass protection, how he doesn't get driven back much, how he bends his knees, but more important:

How he does all of those things while playing RG, RT, LG and, yes, Left Tackle.

I just watched him cold stop Courtney Upshaw on a 7 drop step pass, block out the backside on a run to the opposite side, and pull on a sweep and take out the defensive back in consecutive plays: as a LEFT tackle.

and there he goes again, one on one against Courtney Upshaw as a left tackle and Upshaw didn't go anywhere..

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Whispers are he's just as good as decastro and we could buy ourselves some nice ammunition trading back

Randy White

Reaction score
I said that, in my opinion, one of the most fundamentally sound ( if not THE most fundamentally sound ) tackles that I saw in the Senior Bowl practices and game was James Carpenter ( Alabama ). Most thought he'd be a guard because he was undersized at " 6'4, 320 lbs ". Even I thought he would be a good pick up in the 2nd to 3rd round area. Well, the Seahawks proved me wrong and jumped up in the 1st round to get him, and was having a pretty good year ( starting every game ) until he went out with a knee injury in November.

This year, Cordy Glenn is James Carpenter. I don't know how far his draft stock is going to shoot up, BUT if he falls anywhere past 20th pick, I want the Cowboys to jump up and get him, I don't care if we got DeCastro at #14.

Randy White

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4396296 said:
Whispers are he's just as good as decastro and we could buy ourselves some nice ammunition trading back

Want to know something ?

After what I just witnessed, I would go as far as to say that I'd have no problems whatsoever inserting him at the LT position and moving Free to guard. None whatsoever. I don't know what his upside as a tackle would be, but just going by the sheer fact that I'd lose no sleep if he had to play LT, tells me that this guy is an instant All Pro guard in progress.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Randy White;4396303 said:
Want to know something ?

After what I just witnessed, I would go as far as to say that I'd have no problems whatsoever inserting him at the LT position and moving Free to guard. None whatsoever. I don't know what his upside as a tackle would be, but just going by the sheer fact that I'd lose no sleep if he had to play LT, tells me that this guy is an instant All Pro guard in progress.

I think he'll be a better guard because he can get his hands on his man quickly and surely then take it from there. We need to run block better.

I could envision a JPP giving him troubles, I dint see a justin tuck getting around him.

I can work with Tyron-nicks-camp winner- Glenn- free and an extra 2nd round pick to get two(2) new front 7 players in the top 50. Irvin and merciless look good to me

Randy White

Reaction score
Ingram proved today that he has the potential to be a terror as a 3/4 OLB. He's shown he can cover down field, play special teams, and has terrific hands, but today he showed the type of intensity he brings on every play.

I've been saying it for a while now: I don't see how this guy gets past Buffalo.

As of right now, my " you wish/in your dreams draft " would be Ingram at #14 and the Cowboys trading up into the 20's for Cordy Glenn.

Give me those 2, and I'll give you the draft picks that are left.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Randy White;4396313 said:
Ingram proved today that he has the potential to be a terror as a 3/4 OLB. He's shown he can cover down field, play special teams, and has terrific hands, but today he showed the type of intensity he brings on every play.

I've been saying it for a while now: I don't see how this guy gets past Buffalo.

As of right now, my " you wish/in your dreams draft " would be Ingram at #14 and the Cowboys trading up into the 20's for Cordy Glenn.

I think you are right about Ingram,he will look better and better as the draft nears,i am not getting my hopes up about him being there at 14.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

We like a lot of the same guys. Ingram is a playmaker and still has a high ceiling at Olb since he could get leaner if asked. But hes still got plenty of athleticism at that size and can move to DE in nickel.

Randy White

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4396311 said:
I think he'll be a better guard because he can get his hands on his man quickly and surely then take it from there. We need to run block better. I could envision a JPP giving him troubles, I dint see a justin tuck getting around him. I can work with Tyron-nicks-camp winner- Glenn- free and an extra 2nd round pick to get two(2) new front 7 players in the top 50. Irvin and merciless look good to me

I don't envision JPP doing a great deal against him because I also saw him going against Coples, who's a JPP clone, albeit on a run play. However, I'm with you in that I wouldn't put him at tackle either. Not because he can't handle it, but because I'd be sacrificing a 12 years Pro Bowl career at the guard position. This guy belongs at the Guard position, but it's just fantastic to know that he can handle both tackle positions as well.

tm1119

Reaction score
Randy White;4396303 said:
Want to know something ?

You just watched him practice against college players. You're going WAY overboard. Glenn is not an NFL LT, and he sure as hell won't be a better 1 than Tyron. He will more than likely make a nice guard in the future, but he still isn't the prospect DeCastro is.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
after watching the senior bowl practices i think a trade down is a real possibility if decastro is gone before our pick at 14. i like ingram a little more than upshaw but I don't really see elite pass rush ability from either one, or coples for that matter. Ingram seems to have a better assortment of moves but i don't see elite burst off the line from him.i think moving down to around pick 20 or so would be better value than at 14 for guys like ingram and upshaw. i do like decastro or glenn at 14 although i think glenn fits better at guard

Randy White

Reaction score
tm1119;4396347 said:
You just watched him practice against college players. You're going WAY overboard. Glenn is not an NFL LT, and he sure as hell won't be a better 1 than Tyron. He will more than likely make a nice guard in the future, but he still isn't the prospect DeCastro is.

Let me ask you something, the left tackles that are going to get drafted in the top 10 come April ( and DeCastro himself ), who is it exactly they've been playing against all this time if not college players ?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I really don't think DeCastro is clearly better. Glenn could start at RT his rookie year too. The dude's a beast. The only thing I worry about is the weight.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Risen Star;4396356 said:
Yeah, I really don't think DeCastro is clearly better. Glenn could start at RT his rookie year too. The dude's a beast. The only thing I worry about is the weight.

having watched both of them in real games Decastro is clearly better.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Randy White;4396293 said:
Hey folks:

Watch the South practices today and pay close attention to #71 wearing the Georgia Bulldogs helmet. Mr. Glenn made alot of money today.. Alot. Look closely how he moves his feet in pass protection, how he doesn't get driven back much, how he bends his knees, but more important:

How he does all of those things while playing RG, RT, LG and, yes, Left Tackle.

I just watched him cold stop Courtney Upshaw on a 7 drop step pass, block out the backside on a run to the opposite side, and pull on a sweep and take out the defensive back in consecutive plays: as a LEFT tackle.

and there he goes again, one on one against Courtney Upshaw as a left tackle and Upshaw didn't go anywhere..

Glenn is a,. dare I say, Larry Allen type player. I would have no problem if a blue chip OLB or CB isn't there trading back and getting Glenn. The Also have you noticed Ben Jones this week, and I haven't heard anything about him.

tm1119

Reaction score
Randy White;4396354 said:
Let me ask you something, the left tackles that are going to get drafted in the top 10 come April ( and DeCastro himself ), who is it exactly they've been playing against all this time if not college players ?

Yeah obviously I understand that. But how much have watched Glenn play over the past few years? Or are u judging him solely on these practices? Because if its the latter than its just silly(to put it nicely).

And its becoming more and more aparent that Upshaw is not a elite pass rusher. Shutting him down should be manditory for any o-lineman with a 1st round grade.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think Glenn needs to play inside. Reports are that he struggles a bit at tackle but is immovable inside. Play him to his strengths.

supercowboy8

Reaction score

I agree I have been saying for the past that Inram is a freak beast, I even wrote about him but people told me I didn't know what I was talking about. I Some people on her here like Upshw over Ingram but those same people have never been seen every game they both have played in like I have.

Randy White

Reaction score
tm1119;4396390 said:
Yeah obviously I understand that. But how much have watched Glenn play over the past few years? Or are u judging him solely on these practices? Because if its the latter than its just silly(to put it nicely).

No, I haven't watched him play every game in his career at Georgia, but neither I have of DeCastro at Standford, or any of the of the top linemen, at their respective schools, that will get drafted at the top of the 1st round ( have you ? ). Yet, there's little doubt that, at least, they've shown the potential to play effectively in the next level.

What Glenn showed today is exactly that.

And its becoming more and more aparent that Upshaw is not a elite pass rusher. Shutting him down should be manditory for any o-lineman with a 1st round grade.

That I agree with to an extent because it wasn't just Upshaw who Glenn shut down. It was anybody who lined up in front him. And I'm talking about defensive tackles, defensive ends, and OLBs who are projected as pass rushers.

He had an outstanding day today. Let's see if he carries the momentum to the game itself and the workouts afterwards.