Cosell on our Carson....

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I actually agree totally with you on that. Roger and Troy account for all 8 superbowl appearances we have. Romo could possibly move up but Don lead us to the brink of championships every year almost and even with one superbowl win would be hard to move Romo above Don......Romo is ahead of White just in talent alone but both very similar with wins and no title

Agree with you. One major variable that creates a major point for debate is the era they played in. Roger Don, Danny, and to an extent, even Troy, had to play a different game than today's QB's. They weren't protected hardly at all and defenders could pretty much mug their receivers all the way down the field, so they had a more difficult row to hoe, IMO. Also, I could see someone logically arguing that Danny White should be ranked ahead of Romo given that White went to three straight NFC Championship games (imagine his legacy had he won those games).

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Agree with you. One major variable that creates a major point for debate is the era they played in. Roger Don, Danny, and to an extent, even Troy, had to play a different game than today's QB's. They weren't protected hardly at all and defenders could pretty much mug their receivers all the way down the field, so they had a more difficult row to hoe, IMO. Also, I could see someone logically arguing that Danny White should be ranked ahead of Romo given that White went to three straight NFC Championship games (imagine his legacy had he won those games).

Great point across the board. Plus the running game was much more dominate in those days. Now is about passing, not many bell cow backs anymore