Cosell on our Carson....

Hardline

Reaction score
There is a difference between blasting a player before they get the star on their helmet and then pretending that opinion never existed once it does.

If Wentz is drafted by the Cowboys I am all in on his success just as much as I would if Elliott is the pick. I am a Cowboy fan first, then the player.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no Staubach???? Even if you put your man-crush Wentz in there, you think White is on the team's MR more than Staubach? and Romo more than Roger the Dodger?

I am a fan of the Cowboys today because of Staubach...
Sometimes they just jump right in the boat.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just question if Roseman will do what Kelly wanted to do last year to get Mariota.

Supposedly they are in love with Wentz. Pederson is campaigning for him. When you have a head coaching change and you need a QB, the first year of the coach's tenure is ideal. That's when he's got the most job security. He's got the time the new QB will need to play in the NFL.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I laugh at those saying they will support Carsus once the pick is made. As if faith can be given after the fact.

Sure you will.

In between anguished screams in the pit of football hell.

I've heard about the place. Supposedly it's nothing but Jerry and Garrett press conferences on an endless loop.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Supposedly they are in love with Wentz. Pederson is campaigning for him. When you have a head coaching change and you need a QB, the first year of the coach's tenure is ideal. That's when he's got the most job security. He's got the time the new QB will need to play in the NFL.

That may be true, but part of Roseman's situation now is to return to how things were run before. To adopt a Kelly strategy is a little contrary to that. They also have a huge amount of money into their two QBs now. I just don't think they have the guts. Might be wrong.

If they do it though, I wonder how the fans would react to it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That may be true, but part of Roseman's situation now is to return to how things were run before. To adopt a Kelly strategy is a little contrary to that. They also have a huge amount of money into their two QBs now. I just don't think they have the guts. Might be wrong.

If they do it though, I wonder how the fans would react to it.

How is that a Kelly strategy? He didn't make any move up to the top of the draft for a QB.

dstew60105

Reaction score
How is that a Kelly strategy? He didn't make any move up to the top of the draft for a QB.

So the Eagles will have how much tied to one position if they get Wentz? 35-40M? Not saying they don't wa t Wentz, but that's a lot of cap space.

Alexander

Reaction score
So the Eagles will have how much tied to one position if they get Wentz? 35-40M? Not saying they don't wa t Wentz, but that's a lot of cap space.

Does not seem to affect them though. Dallas signs a 10M a year CB and then can't find an easy way out of it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Surely you are aware of how he wanted to move up last year.

He supposedly inquired but didn't get the deal done. If I'm the Eagles I'm not even worried about that. It's the same with the Cowboys. If he's the guy (he is) go and get him by any means necessary.

This is why I won't accept the shrugged shoulders excuse that Wentz wasn't there at 4. That's what's going to happen. Oh, well...we would have done it but he wasn't there. BS. Go up and get him. The Titans are receptive to it. Prioritize the damn position. Pretend it's cornerback. It almost sounds like it, kinda.

I can't wrap my brain around being in the position this team is in, having a franchise QB on your board and simply allowing the low life Cleveland Browns take your guy and your future.

And that is exactly what I expect these idiots to do the night of April 28th.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
RS, i'm afraid you are going to be a very disappointed first round fan.....get used to Bosa as your first round pick, and secondly as talented as Wentz may be, if he lands in Cleveland, that will doom his career, i have warmed up to the idea of either trading up a little in the first round to get Lynch or taking Cook with our 2nd rounder.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I'm surprised you left out Staubach.

I'm even more surprised your Cowboys QB Mt. Rushmore isn't,

Wentz, Wentz, Wentz, Wentz

Forgot Staubach..... Dandy Don...... Even Morton

Man I dunno about Risen here lately...... He's fallen hard

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can watch the Browns enjoy eternal football life while we swap 8 X10's of Rodney Coe.

Wentz, I'm already pissed off and we're still over two weeks away.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RS, i'm afraid you are going to be a very disappointed first round fan.....get used to Bosa as your first round pick, and secondly as talented as Wentz may be, if he lands in Cleveland, that will doom his career, i have warmed up to the idea of either trading up a little in the first round to get Lynch or taking Cook with our 2nd rounder.

If he lands in Cleveland they can finally add a logo to their helmet. The Lombardi Trophy. It will become synonymous with the team.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If he lands in Cleveland they can finally add a logo to their helmet. The Lombardi Trophy. It will become synonymous with the team.

you could give the Browns Andrew Luck in the first round, and nothing will change, every year its musical head coaches, and now its becoming musical GM's.

tm1119

Reaction score
Wentz under pressure- 28.9 completion %
Wentz deep ball- off target 45% of his throws

Against 1AA competition.....but shhh let's not talk about this.

Alexander

Reaction score

It will be even more mysterious if we draft someone like Buckner at 4.