Cosell on our Carson....

sbark

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has put on Wentz's games and came away unimpressed?

I see that he looks like a QB. I see that he has all the skills. But he hasn't put it together yet--and that's vs. FCS competition. He is a major WIP, is already 23. How long will it take him to adjust to the NFL?

..........and yet a FCS Qb out of Eastern Wash who never did squat in the FCS level, can transfer to Oregon (FBS) lead the nation in QB efficieicy, win 9 games in his 1st (loose tight games to TCU and Mich State) and only year in a spread offense just like Goff......................Goff won 14 games total in 3 years of starting.

This FCS vrs FBS diff isn't all that...........why doesn't every NFL team have a Bama' Qb then........its the jump to the NFL for any and all of them that separates the men from the boys........and of that winning is a habit that isn't easily broken, and looseing is a habit not easily gotten rid of.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Ill jump on the Wentz bandwagon the second the Cowboys turn in his draft card.
Until then I oppose it . We need Elliott more than anyone projected in the first round not named Tunsil.

The Elliot pick is 10 fold. However, Red Flags are there, that's the last thing Dallas wants after the Greg and Gregory Show.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
..........and yet a FCS Qb out of Eastern Wash who never did squat in the FCS level, can transfer to Oregon (FBS) lead the nation in QB efficieicy, win 9 games in his 1st (loose tight games to TCU and Mich State) and only year in a spread offense just like Goff......................Goff won 14 games total in 3 years of starting.

This FCS vrs FBS diff isn't all that...........why doesn't every NFL team have a Bama' Qb then........its the jump to the NFL for any and all of them that separates the men from the boys........and of that winning is a habit that isn't easily broken, and looseing is a habit not easily gotten rid of.

Goff's teams did not lose because of him. His numbers are ridiculously good on a team with a really bad OL and generally much less talent than their competition. The one thing no one talks about in regard to Goff is he is the youngest of the three...a full two years younger than Lynch. While he may be the most pro ready, he also has more time to learn.

My perfect scenario is a guy that comes in, sits for 2 years as Romo wins back to back SB's, then takes over with Romo fading into the background as the old vet that physically can't handle the physical stress of a full season but remains as the mentor.

sbark

Reaction score
Goff's teams did not lose because of him. His numbers are ridiculously good on a team with a really bad OL and generally much less talent than their competition. The one thing no one talks about in regard to Goff is he is the youngest of the three...a full two years younger than Lynch. While he may be the most pro ready, he also has more time to learn.

My perfect scenario is a guy that comes in, sits for 2 years as Romo wins back to back SB's, then takes over with Romo fading into the background as the old vet that physically can't handle the physical stress of a full season but remains as the mentor.

...he sure threw his OLine under the bus on Gruden's show, is that in indication of his huddle, lockerroom presence?

sbark

Reaction score
Because his OL sucked.

sounds like it was more his OLine coaching "sucked" ........why didn't he throw them under the bus also
His Oline gave up 36 sacks........Cowboys Oline gave up 33 over 16 games.............do they suck?
Maybe he should take some personal responsibility for his 23 fumbles..........man up some

From http://www.dailycal.org/2014/07/14/cal-footballs-offense-hinges-work-linemen/
The majority of the linemen on the team exhibit talent and some degree of potential. Each lineman displays good size and footwork and can likely hold his ground against the average defensive lineman.

But in the offensive line, individual talent is meaningless if all five are not on the same page. Throughout the entire season, the offensive line was discombobulated and lacked focus. They often did not seem prepared and were noticeably shaken when defenses used more complicated schemes. The Bears have the tools in the offensive line to be a productive unit, but they need to have a game-by-game approach that concentrates on the other team’s tendencies so as to not make the same mistakes as last season.

MikeT22

Reaction score
RS, i'm afraid you are going to be a very disappointed first round fan.....get used to Bosa as your first round pick, and secondly as talented as Wentz may be, if he lands in Cleveland, that will doom his career, i have warmed up to the idea of either trading up a little in the first round to get Lynch or taking Cook with our 2nd rounder.

I'd be fine with a small trade up for Lynch. But I want no part of Cook in the 2nd. If we fail to get one of the top 3 QB's then I'd wait til at least the 3rd or 4th round. Way too much talent at #34 to settle for Cook, but I'm afraid that may be exactly what we end up doing.

As for the Cowboys QB Mt Rushmore, I'd be fine with Staubach, Aikman, Wentz, Romo. As long as he's better than Tony, Danny, Meredith, etc we're in business. But, I think he goes to Cleveland at #2.

jnday

Reaction score
Yeah, but is he RKG?

That is the real test of any supposed messiah

I am so happy that the "RKG" term is slowly going away. I have come to the point that I hate the term and I had rather have an entire roster of criminals just so I wouldn't have to hear it again.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
I don't understand the rumors/predictions that the Eagles will jump up to get a QB (Wentz).

Didn't they just sign Bradford to a 2-year deal for a not-insignificant amount of coin?

I guess I can appreciate them trying to take a long-term view and hedge their bets, but it would seem like an awfully expensive way to do so. Pederson would have to give up at least this year's 3 (so the Eagles would be picking their QB in Round 1, and would not be picking again until Round 4 this year) and then giving up a 1st rounder next year (and maybe more).

For a brand new coach, that's giving up an awful lot of draft capital to move up and take a QB as a "Plan B" in case Bradford does not work out.

The only way a trade up makes sense (to me) is if they trade an existing player and limit the draft collateral.

Of course, if they are truly in love with Wentz, I actually wouldn't mind them mortgaging their future as the Commanders did for RGIII. I don't think it can be overstated enough how detrimental it is to bring in a new QB from the draft without being able to put the right pieces around him to succeed. If the Eagles do try to move up and get Wentz, while losing so many other draft picks, having a weak O-line, and no other true game-changers on offense for the next few years, I think it puts Carson (and the team) in a very difficult position to succeed.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has put on Wentz's games and came away unimpressed?

I don't know about that, but you are likely one of very few who has actually watched film to back your opinion.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Not sure if serious but no Dandy Don or Captain Comeback is crazy, especially having Romo and White there.

I believe we need to think outside the box, here. Who says that we have to restrict our Mt Rushmore of QB's to four? The real Mt Rushmore had 4 Presidents based on who they had to pick from at that time. Heck, they might have added FDR, JFK, and/or Ron Reagan had they been available at that time. Why can't we do the same with QB's?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I believe we need to think outside the box, here. Who says that we have to restrict our Mt Rushmore of QB's to four? The real Mt Rushmore had 4 Presidents based on who they had to pick from at that time. Heck, they might have added FDR, JFK, and/or Ron Reagan had they been available at that time. Why can't we do the same with QB's?

Well there was a spot they were going to put Lincoln I think it was but messed something up so originally should have been 5. I have no problem with adding more but to put Romo and White ahead of guys like Staubach and Don is crazy. ......having wentz is insane by the way

LandryFan

Reaction score
Well there was a spot they were going to put Lincoln I think it was but messed something up so originally should have been 5. I have no problem with adding more but to put Romo and White ahead of guys like Staubach and Don is crazy. ......having wentz is insane by the way

They were also going to sculpt the figures from the waist up, but ran out of money, so had to go with busts only. I'm old enough to have watched them all play their entire careers and this is only my opinion, but I would go in the order of Roger, Troy, Dandy Don, Tony, and Danny. I can understand others seeing It differently.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
They were also going to sculpt the figures from the waist up, but ran out of money, so had to go with busts only. I'm old enough to have watched them all play their entire careers and this is only my opinion, but I would go in the order of Roger, Troy, Dandy Don, Tony, and Danny. I can understand others seeing It differently.

I actually agree totally with you on that. Roger and Troy account for all 8 superbowl appearances we have. Romo could possibly move up but Don lead us to the brink of championships every year almost and even with one superbowl win would be hard to move Romo above Don......Romo is ahead of White just in talent alone but both very similar with wins and no title