Coughlin says Manning already studying game film

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Eli better be doing all he can to get better. He'll never be half the QB his brother is. Thank God Payton is in Indy and Eli is in the NFC East. Ever since the crybaby had daddy calling the shots early before the draft, I've wanted Eli to FAIL. Payton is a GREAT QB, and will probably go down as the best stats QB of all time, but I can't stand any of the three Mannings.

The NFL will be a better place when the 3 mannings are all spectators.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
I just wished I'd hear more stories about players conducting 2 a days during the offseason in order to keep themselves in peak physical condition before mini camp, and those same players studying film of every opponent they will face next year and their tendencies.

They are paid so much, and they get 2 months completely off? How many jobs give 2 months vacation time?

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
Eli better be doing all he can to get better. He'll never be half the QB his brother is. Thank God Payton is in Indy and Eli is in the NFC East. Ever since the crybaby had daddy calling the shots early before the draft, I've wanted Eli to FAIL. Payton is a GREAT QB, and will probably go down as the best stats QB of all time, but I can't stand any of the three Mannings.

The NFL will be a better place when the 3 mannings are all spectators.

Whats to stop Eli/Payton from having kids that play in the NFL in the future?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
First, I never said other players weren't studying. We just don't have proof of it.

And we have "Proof" that Manning IS studying? A few quotes in an article prove nothing. And the non existance of article about other QBs doesn't mean they aren't studying.

In short, this thread is stupid. And like Silverstar stated, WHO CARES?!

Second, my juvenile reference had to do with the stupid dog kicking analogy.

Then it's not juvenile logic, it was a juvenile analogy.

He's not studying tape to get ahead of the curve, he's stdying tape to get to the curve.

:hammer:

juice28

Reaction score
Is he in the weight room? Is he working on his lateral movement? Is he eating all the necessary nutrients from all the basic food groups? Is he brushing his teeth twice a day? Bottom Line: No one gives a flying duck! (Note: equivalent to a Eli Manning pass)

It's the NFL off-season. Hopefully he's doing something NFL related. Now if he was getting drunk with Bode Miller at the winter Olympics that would be something to report about.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Speaking of his attitude, it shows a real bad light that he's studying I guess? Isn't that part of his attitude?

he's doing what he gets paid for, and he's getting paid a tremendous amount to do it...he's not doing anything any other NFL QB isnt doing right now either, its just that his name is "Manning" and its a chance for the media to be over dramatic about them again

right now he is one of the most overrated players in the NFL, hands down

David

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Rack said:
And we have "Proof" that Manning IS studying? A few quotes in an article prove nothing. And the non existance of article about other QBs doesn't mean they aren't studying.

We have proof in the form of his coach, who would know about such things.

And if you don't accept Coughlin's statement, then you have to make a case for "why" he would lie. When police investigate cases, motive is a key component in determing suspects. Some people have no motive for a particular crime, therefore they're eliminated as a suspect.

The question here is "why" would Coughlin lie about Eli coming in early to study game film?

Because he's trying to make Eli feel better about his poor playoff performance?

Because he's trying to stroke Eli's ego?

Neither of those nor the arguments advanced on this board make sense as to why Coughlin would lie about this.

And while it is true that a non-existent article doesn't prove that other quarterbacks aren't studying, if we're going by the rules of evidence, an article that says Eli is versus no article or information about the other's studying weighs in favor of the former.

In short, this thread is stupid. And like Silverstar stated, WHO CARES?!

Well, obviously someone cares because he authored the thread.
And juding from the fact that this thread has two pages, I'm sure others care too.

I think it's helpful to know that Eli Manning is trying to do what it takes to become a better quarterback. I'm sure some Cowboys fans would be interested if he weren't doing what it took to be a better quarterback, especially since we have to face him twice a year.

Then it's not juvenile logic, it was a juvenile analogy.

Given the fact that analogies are a part of logic, I disagree.

Besides, Kitty didn't offer a lengthy post explaining his position. He simply attacked my point with a very terse and inappropriate analogy. Therefore, I found his analogy, which made up the bulk of his argument, juvenile as well as the logic that formed that analogy.

:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
he's doing what he gets paid for, and he's getting paid a tremendous amount to do it...he's not doing anything any other NFL QB isnt doing right now either, its just that his name is "Manning" and its a chance for the media to be over dramatic about them again

right now he is one of the most overrated players in the NFL, hands down

David

He may get a lot of press because of his name but considering he just finished his 2nd year in the league and posted some very good numbers I don't see him overrated.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe said:
Besides, Kitty didn't offer a lengthy post explaining his position. He simply attacked my point with a very terse and inappropriate analogy. Therefore, I found his analogy, which made up the bulk of his argument, juvenile as well as the logic that formed that analogy.

:
uhmm just to clarify... Kitty's a lady... ;)

But ur point was made...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
uhmm just to clarify... Kitty's a lady... ;)

But ur point was made...

My bad.

Maybe I should take it easy on her since she's a girl?

Naawww. You set the bar too high, Woody's Girl. :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe said:
My bad.

Maybe I should take it easy on her since she's a girl?

Naawww. You set the bar too high, Woody's Girl. :D
u sucking up to me?

Good, keep doing it... :D

On a side note, I think KM can hold her own... Just give me a heads up so I can go get the popcorn.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
He may get a lot of press because of his name but considering he just finished his 2nd year in the league and posted some very good numbers I don't see him overrated.

his numbers were average...and his talent is average

he is vastly overrated

David

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
his numbers were average...and his talent is average

he is vastly overrated

David

He is also just played 2 season and showed very good improvement from year 1 to year 2, you may not like Manning but to claim he is overrated I would not agree. Most young QB's are going to go through some tough times but when you post 24 TD to 17 ints in your second year that is not bad what so ever.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
u sucking up to me?

Good, keep doing it... :D

On a side note, I think KM can hold her own... Just give me a heads up so I can go get the popcorn.

If you look like Queen Latifah, I'll suck, er, up to you all day. ;) :D

J/K as if I needed to say that.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
He is also just played 2 season and showed very good improvement from year 1 to year 2, you may not like Manning but to claim he is overrated I would not agree. Most young QB's are going to go through some tough times but when you post 24 TD to 17 ints in your second year that is not bad what so ever.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I am not impressed with his throwing ability...he isnt very accurate and forces alot of bad balls, and his arm strength is average at best...for a guy who's made out to be the 2nd coming it just isnt very impressive to me, therefore I think he is vastly overrated

David

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I am not impressed with his throwing ability...he isnt very accurate and forces alot of bad balls, and his arm strength is average at best...for a guy who's made out to be the 2nd coming it just isnt very impressive to me, therefore I think he is vastly overrated

David

Your right everyone is entitled to opinion but when looking at Manning second year numbers compared to others who have played the game his numbers are not bad at all. He still has a lot to learn and things to improve on but again he is young and still has time on his side.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Your right everyone is entitled to opinion but when looking at Manning second year numbers compared to others who have played the game his numbers are not bad at all. He still has a lot to learn and things to improve on but again he is young and still has time on his side.

Im worried that Eli is going to play like Peyton next year, and the Giants will run away with the division.

We need more players willing to step it up, do 2 a days before training camp, etc.

Jay

Reaction score
Oh my God we are doomed! He's studying film!

CRAP.. THIS IS THE LAST THING WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao2: :bow:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Im worried that Eli is going to play like Peyton next year, and the Giants will run away with the division.

We need more players willing to step it up, do 2 a days before training camp, etc.

I think Eli will become a very good QB. As for his name I see that as more of a liability than a good thing because he will constantly be put under the pressure to be like his brother and to put up the big numbers. All Eli can do is be Eli and given last year was only his 2nd and 1st full season as a starter I think he did a very good job.