Could be wild week in Jerry World

Brooksey

Reaction score
Please, your personal experience of not hurting your back playing high school football, means anything as to whether or not a 38 year old with significant back injury history can play in the NFL?

And you think I’m the one who is missing logic?

Peyton Manning went to two SB's after a herniated neck at 39/40. Fused spine, much worse then what Tony ever had.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

HungryLion

Reaction score
Peyton Manning went to two SB's after a herniated neck at 39/40. Fused spine, much worse then what Tony ever had.

And even with all that Peyton Manning still missed less games than Romo......

Listen dude, I get it. I loved Romo too. Wore his jersey every game for like 8 years straight.

I’m just saying, the fact he is playing golf, doesn’t mean anything to whether or not He could last in the NFL anymore. Maybe he could? History suggests he couldn’t though based on his own personal injury history.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Your posts are getting really stupid.

You sound attention starved.
LOL. About as stupid as some of the Dak posts or the Romo supporting posts? Stupid posts work both ways. Glad you have the ability to see one side of the stupid posts. Now, work on identifying the others.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
The only reason I would give this even an iota of consideration is that Tony has had rave reviews as a broadcaster and there is no doubt CBS would take him right back after his "unretirement". This is different than the position he was in when he retired and was offered the CBS job. At that point he was an unknown quantity as a broadcaster and it was a much greater risk for him to turn the opportunity down.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Wrong. He was out for one year.

Doesn't matter the point is he had 2 surgeries (major surgeries) on his neck and upper back at 35-36 years of age and still managed to come back and play at a high level for a couple of seasons after missing an entire season. That is what is being said

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Just finished listing to Podcast with KT and he is hearing whispers from Ben Rogers (who has been correct several times & has good sources) that following might transpire in next week or so:

1. Tony Romo & Dez Bryant might be signed. Dallas currently has $18 million in available cap space.
2. Current league rules on QB would heavily favor Romo return.
3. Dez Bryant continues to insist with Mike Fisher that he still sees himself as Dallas Cowboy.

Buckle in. The internet will break if this goes down.
:omg::laugh::lmao::lmao2:that's funny stuff Mr wood. What roll is Romo gonna play, back up QB? Correct several times hardly make Mr Rogers correct all of the time but he may be In the Neighborhood

HungryLion

Reaction score
He was out for the entire season with a bad neck, then came back and went to two SB's.

What the hell does that have to do, with my original point that Romo playing golf, means nothing about whether he could play or not still?

Peyton Manning was also less injury prone than Romo, over their entire NFL careers. But let’s ignore that.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Doesn't matter the point is he had 2 surgeries (major surgeries) on his neck and upper back at 35-36 years of age and still managed to come back and play at a high level for a couple of seasons after missing an entire season. That is what is being said

I don’t even care about that. What was originally being said was that Romo can still play in the NFL because he plays golf. Which is dumb.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If Dak is not the answer the Cowboys need to find their next franchise QB. A lot of great young QBs in the league now. We don't need to go back in the past.

Bingo.

The page has been turned on Romo as the Cowboys QB. Nothing against him. He was awesome. But he is not the future. And if Dak isn’t the future either, the Cowboys need to look forward, not backward.

dfense

Reaction score
Just finished listing to Podcast with KT and he is hearing whispers from Ben Rogers (who has been correct several times & has good sources) that following might transpire in next week or so:

1. Tony Romo & Dez Bryant might be signed. Dallas currently has $18 million in available cap space.
2. Current league rules on QB would heavily favor Romo return.
3. Dez Bryant continues to insist with Mike Fisher that he still sees himself as Dallas Cowboy.

Buckle in. The internet will break if this goes down.
Romo is set up with a fantastic job most former athletes would kill for. He going to be one of the highest paid commentators if he isn't already. If you watched his football life on NFL network, you can see he is completely satisfied with never playing again.

And as far as Dez goes, text book example of why you don't burn bridges. Jerry may want him, but Stephen will talk his dad right out of that. Jerry loves interacting with his current and former players. Stephen is all business.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I don’t even care about that. What was originally being said was that Romo can still play in the NFL because he plays golf. Which is dumb.

It's not dumb because it was in reference to his back and that poster was correct in what he was saying about a golf swing and the torque it puts on your back

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo is set up with a fantastic job most former athletes would kill for. He going to be one of the highest paid commentators if he isn't already. If you watched his football life on NFL network, you can see he is completely satisfied with never playing again.

And as far as Dez goes, text book example of why you don't burn bridges. Jerry may want him, but Stephen will talk his dad right out of that. Jerry loves interacting with his current and former players. Stephen is all business.

You can see he is satisfied but (and i'm not saying this is going to happen because i don't believe it ever will) does he stay satisfied if the Cowboys come calling? I don't think so but the Cowboys would have to come calling this year

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone really expect the Joneses to publicly show that they made monumental mistakes affecting the entire course and direction of this franchise?

Because that's what bringing back Romo and Dez does. It tells the world "we totally screwed this up guys!" And we're trying to put the band back together and make things just like they were.

What's next? Talking Witten out of the Monday Night Football booth? Heck, while you're at it, bring Demarco Murray back too, for old time's sake.

This is about one of the dumbest, most outlandish rumors I've ever heard.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
It would take Romo at least 2-3 months to get into anything close to resembling football shape. If this was July I’d say it was in the realm of possibility. But what’s the point of him coming back in December? Dak would be a lame duck and Dallas would probably be 3-10 by the time Tony was ready.