Could Cooper Rush be the catalyst that helps Trey Lance really become "the guy"?

Flamma

Reaction score
and QB is different than any other position. teams will over draft, over pay for QBs.

so as you said, its the QB market.
I agree. I was just saying I would not pay a lesser QB what the greater QBs get. NFL teams do it because a lot of money is involved, and football is a business. If there was no money involved and the only goal was to win a championship, no one would pay QBs like that. Jerry will pay him because he doesn't want to have any lean years.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
If Trey Lance was any good, he would still be playing in SF and would have beaten out, "Mr. Irrelevant".
Lance could be the next Ryan Leaf.
All I need to know is Jerruh did the deal to get Trey Lance here all by himself......
Lazy take.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That’s because you think the game of football and a player’s capability and importance to the team is based on the stats they put up regardless of context. Aikman was extremely efficient. He rarely if ever needed to put the team in his back. And if you want to complain about how his stats deteriorated beyond 1997, so did the coaching and drafting of those Larry Lacewell teams which were downright awful. One of the worst in the league. Aikman led a timing based offense where he threw the ball to a spot before the receiver even made his break. That requires superior accuracy. There were many times in practice that Norv Turner remarked that his accuracy was so good the ball never even hit the ground. If those names don’t sound familiar it’s probably because you’re a Dak fan and not a Cowboys fan. When you can’t do anything else, you rely on stats. After all, it’s the only quantitative measure that an agent can point to and say, “yeah it’s true my client threw two crucial picks, but he fought back and threw for over 400 yards! Never mind that it was against the second team and they started playing soft, he deserves a gazillion dollars.”
Exactly he had great team and did not need to. When he did not have a great team he could not do it. When Emmitt held out for 2 games we were 0-2.

That is not the case with Dak. In big games Dak has to carry the team or we lose.