Could Cowboys run the Table after Philly?

Jkyle

Reaction score
Win or lose against Philly, it's not inconceivable that the Cowboys could run the table afterwards.
None of the remaining opponents are superior on paper.
Chargers, Commanders, Giants, Seahawks (Kam Chancellor is reported to be out for the rest of the year so that leaves them without him and Sherman), Oakland, and Philly (may be resting due to home field clinched).
That would put us at 11-5.
We may have to be 11-5 to clinch a Wild Card due to losing to the Falcons and possibly the Rams.
I just worry that losing to Philly in a bad fashion will have a bad effect on the team's psyche.
How we look against Philly in a loss will determine if we have a legitimate shot to move forward with any confidence that they are playoff worthy.

Aven8

Reaction score
Did Zeke get a stay of execution?? Then No.

Hell the Chargers will be tough with Rivers, and Gordon, plus Ingram and Bosa. Bosa will man handle Bell or Green.

canters

Reaction score
IF we get Lee and Smith back, and maybe Bailey, it might or could happen. Our coaches so far and in recent history have not shown they can handle ANY adversity and overcome. I must admit it is a long shot. I think we need 11 wins to get in-10 wins would probably get us caught in tie breakers.

Elziegreat83

Reaction score
IF we get Lee and Smith back, and maybe Bailey, it might or could happen. Our coaches so far and in recent history have not shown they can handle ANY adversity and overcome. I must admit it is a long shot. I think we need 11 wins to get in-10 wins would probably get us caught in tie breakers.
ok, I've posted this 4 times on this board already, but what are the tiebreaker scenarios if there a 3 teams tied for 1 wildcard spot? it's not head tot head right?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok, I've posted this 4 times on this board already, but what are the tiebreaker scenarios if there a 3 teams tied for 1 wildcard spot? it's not head tot head right?

Head to head if it applies. Then it goes to conference won-loss records.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As far as thoughts of running the table after Philly, I'm not entertaining any. I'll be ecstatic if we somehow manage a win over Philly. In fact, I'd be absolutely thrilled beyond belief if we were fortunate enough to run the table after that. Actually, I'd honestly consider it a miracle. ;)

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but not if it's a 3 way tie right?

If the won-loss records, the head to heads, and the conference records are all ties or inapplicable? Then I think it goes won-loss in common games. Then strength of victories (number of wins of teams each team beat). Then strength of schedule overall, I believe.

Elziegreat83

Reaction score
If the won-loss records, the head to heads, and the conference records are all ties or inapplicable? Then I think it goes won-loss in common games. Then strength of victories (number of wins of teams each team beat). Then strength of schedule overall, I believe.
lets just say for example, dallas, Carolina, and Atlanta are 10-6. how does that scenario pan out?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
but not if it's a 3 way tie right? wouldn't it go straight to conf. and div. record?
It’s very complicated for 3 or more teams in a wild card, but generally it’s going to be conference winning percentage. If Washington were to be one of the teams in the tie, then first we would have to settle the tie with Washington (first head to head, if 1-1 then division record, etc. ) and then once there is only one team from each division in the tie breaker, you do a tie breaker with just those teams left.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
lets just say for example, dallas, Carolina, and Atlanta are 10-6. how does that scenario pan out?
In that case, it’s just going to be conference record followed by common opponent record... after the Carolina/Atlanta tie breaker is sorted. Unless it’s Atlanta who emerges from that tie breaker.

Elziegreat83

Reaction score
In that case, it’s just going to be conference record followed by common opponent record... after the Carolina/Atlanta tie breaker is sorted. Unless it’s Atlanta who emerges from that tie breaker.
lets say Carolina, holds the tiebreaker, Atlantas win against Dallas head to head would have no bearing at that point right?

Ken

Reaction score
Unlike many, I am not writing off tomorrow or the division.

we have our backs against the wall and i expect us to come out fighting!