Could Cowboys run the Table after Philly?

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
lets say Carolina, holds the tiebreaker, Atlantas win against Dallas head to head would have no bearing at that point right?

Correct. Similar to 2014 when Dallas, Seattle and GB were all 12-4. Dallas beat Seattle, but because of the common opponent tie breaker Dallas was the third seed and Seattle was #1 if I remember correctly

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If we had a coaching staff that can handle adversity I'd say there is a chance. But with this goofy bunch, highly unlikely. Especially missing the most important piece on offense and defense. Remember, this staff only succeeds if the stars align and zero adversity at all.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
but not if it's a 3 way tie right? wouldn't it go straight to conf. and div. record?

Depends if the 3 teams have all played each other, which could easily be the case with Dal/Atl/Sea.

We want Seattle to win Monday (assuming a Dallas win over Sea), otherwise Atlanta would win the head-to-head tie breaker due to beating both teams.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
lets just say for example, dallas, Carolina, and Atlanta are 10-6. how does that scenario pan out?

In that case, the winner of the Car/Atl tie breaker would be determined (division placement goes first), and then that team and Dallas would go to tie-breakers.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
so I guess this season is going to be like 2015 and every week after they lose we are going to keep saying well this game wasn't important its the next two or three that really the important games without the turnover in last weeks game this offense would of scored 0 points so no I don't believe they win out to many injuries for the coaches ot over come and a huge suspension of your very best player

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If the won-loss records, the head to heads, and the conference records are all ties or inapplicable? Then I think it goes won-loss in common games. Then strength of victories (number of wins of teams each team beat). Then strength of schedule overall, I believe.

Were going 6-0 right? Because you can add?

rwalters31

Reaction score
Win or lose against Philly, it's not inconceivable that the Cowboys could run the table afterwards.
None of the remaining opponents are superior on paper.
Chargers, Commanders, Giants, Seahawks (Kam Chancellor is reported to be out for the rest of the year so that leaves them without him and Sherman), Oakland, and Philly (may be resting due to home field clinched).
That would put us at 11-5.
We may have to be 11-5 to clinch a Wild Card due to losing to the Falcons and possibly the Rams.
I just worry that losing to Philly in a bad fashion will have a bad effect on the team's psyche.
How we look against Philly in a loss will determine if we have a legitimate shot to move forward with any confidence that they are playoff worthy.
Only if the Cowboys have a top 5 defense the rest of the year.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Were going 6-0 right? Because you can add?

I don't think so. I don't see how we get past PHI today, and I'm corncerned about that edge pressure on Thursday without Tyron. But after today, all those games look winnable depending who's on the active roster.

Of course, the rest of us know the difference between 'winnable' and 'won.'

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Win or lose against Philly, it's not inconceivable that the Cowboys could run the table afterwards.
None of the remaining opponents are superior on paper.
Chargers, Commanders, Giants, Seahawks (Kam Chancellor is reported to be out for the rest of the year so that leaves them without him and Sherman), Oakland, and Philly (may be resting due to home field clinched).
That would put us at 11-5.
We may have to be 11-5 to clinch a Wild Card due to losing to the Falcons and possibly the Rams.
I just worry that losing to Philly in a bad fashion will have a bad effect on the team's psyche.
How we look against Philly in a loss will determine if we have a legitimate shot to move forward with any confidence that they are playoff worthy.
Your title should be "Could the Cowboys run the table", get rid of "after Philly". F&%k the Eagles. We will destroy them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't think so. I don't see how we get past PHI today, and I'm corncerned about that edge pressure on Thursday without Tyron. But after today, all those games look winnable depending who's on the active roster.

Of course, the rest of us know the difference between 'winnable' and 'won.'

Amazing. You actually made a prediction. You dont see us winning today. Nicely done. So there is currently enough data obviously?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazing. You actually made a prediction. You dont see us winning today. Nicely done. So there is currently enough data obviously?

Can I ask you to ask irrelevant questions someplace else for a bit? I don't really feel like throwing the tennis ball for you today.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Can I ask you to ask irrelevant questions someplace else for a bit? I don't really feel like throwing the tennis ball for you today.

You mean it's YOU that doesnt feel like chasing the tennis ball today? :muttley: