Could Cowboys run the Table after Philly?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t even want to think about that.

Right now I just want us to get a right end blocked and see the other teams punter.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could Cowboys run the Table after Philly?
raw

Elziegreat83

Reaction score
Right, no bearing. They have to settle division ties first.
got another scenario for ya! ;)
What if Dallas is tied at 10-6 with the Rams and Falcons for a wildcard spot? Dallas obviously lost to both, would that automatically eliminate them?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Let’s win a game without Lee and Smith before wasting any time thinking about tie breakers. Of course I want to run the table after the Ugles game, but with this coaching staff, I hate to say it, but extremely doubtful. Our talent level needs to be superior to other teams to win. With Lee and Smith out we have comparable talent to the teams were playing, but that’s not good enough to win with our coaching. Still hoping though. Wouldn’t it be awesome if we had a head coach who cared more about putting a smart game plan together than cheerleading. Motivating is so much less important than putting a smart game plan together. See Belicheat.

Elziegreat83

Reaction score
Let’s win a game without Lee and Smith before wasting any time thinking about tie breakers. Of course I want to run the table after the Ugles game, but with this coaching staff, I hate to say it, but extremely doubtful. Our talent level needs to be superior to other teams to win. With Lee and Smith out we have comparable talent to the teams were playing, but that’s not good enough to win with our coaching. Still hoping though. Wouldn’t it be awesome if we had a head coach who cared more about putting a smart game plan together than cheerleading. Motivating is so much less important than putting a smart game plan together. See Belicheat.
You aren't the boss of me! :)

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Sorry about the double post. Tried to add smiley face with second post, but it didn’t show up. Sorry

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
If the Vikes, Rams, and Seahawks keep winning, Philly may need that last game for home field. I hate to say this, but our best chance of grabbing a WC spot may depend on Philly getting home field before week 16 while the other teams mentioned beat themselves up along with the Panthers and Falcons.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they will win somewhere between 7 and 9 wins so no I don't think they make the playoffs there coaching staff is just not proven that they can adjust face adversity and win when its important

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We did win 11 in a row last year.

That being said, do I think we'll run the table after Philly this year? Absolutely not haha

Verdict

Reaction score
If the won-loss records, the head to heads, and the conference records are all ties or inapplicable? Then I think it goes won-loss in common games. Then strength of victories (number of wins of teams each team beat). Then strength of schedule overall, I believe.

My head hurts just reading that. Lol

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
It's not looking likely but anything can happen. We can only hope the cards fall that way.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
got another scenario for ya! ;)
What if Dallas is tied at 10-6 with the Rams and Falcons for a wildcard spot? Dallas obviously lost to both, would that automatically eliminate them?
Yes it would. There is a rule that says if one team has lost to all of the other teams in the tie breaker, then you would eliminate that team and then run the tiebreaker steps again with the remaining teams.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
even if the 3 teams are all 10-6 head to head would still matter?

They would factor it in. So if I understand it right (And I could be wrong) in that situation Dallas would automatically be out because Atlanta would be ahead of them by virtue of the head to head win. So basically it comes down to Atlanta and Carolina then.