Could Dak be rethinking everything?

morat1959

Reaction score
none of them are great or a juggernaut. The rams hate the fact they paid him . If we pay dak a long term deal we will regret it . all the symptoms are there that he is very mediocre , a bus driver at best . With this team's defensive issues, expensive RB and DT, the team cannot afford to pay 37+ mil on a mediocre QB. You will recognize this next season once dak has another meltdown .
Well said and dead on point!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If Dak does not like the contract, why would he be a moron not to sign it? Especially if the big issue is years?

As a guy who is as sturdy as he is, why not get paid Top-5 money two years in a row and then hit the market once after it is likely obliterated by someone like Mahomes?
It's his choice and I find it hilarious that anyone here believes they know what's better for Dak than Dak himself.

JMHO

"What's better for Dak" isn't the only point of view here. Some folks are considering what's better for the Dallas Cowboys, which is also a legitimate concern. Depends on whether you're a Dak fan 1st or a Cowboys fan 1st.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how anyone can answer this question
Truth. None of us really know what’s been offered in enough detail to even have an informed opinion. The money part of a deal like this is just a piece of a much bigger puzzle. These type of contracts are a lot more complex that a one page “take it or leave it” money deal.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If Dak does not like the contract, why would he be a moron not to sign it? Especially if the big issue is years?

As a guy who is as sturdy as he is, why not get paid Top-5 money two years in a row and then hit the market once after it is likely obliterated by someone like Mahomes?

It's his choice and I find it hilarious that anyone here believes they know what's better for Dak than Dak himself.

JMHO

See, that's the thing. Many fans are actually fans of the team and not the player. Why identify with whats best for the player to the detriment of the team? I find it equally hilarious that anybody would suggest that being "sturdy" is reason enough to get paid Top 5 money. Why?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
See, that's the thing. Many fans are actually fans of the team and not the player. Why identify with whats best for the player to the detriment of the team? I find it equally hilarious that anybody would suggest that being "sturdy" is reason enough to get paid Top 5 money. Why?
People on tv say that so you'll definitely see people parrot that talking point online. That's why you hear people also saying things like he's been a model citizen off the field like most qb's aren't. Besides Winston and Vick a long time ago how many qb's or players period compared to how many there are are in serious trouble? That's why stuff like that is silly but since people on tv say that you'll hear that stuff said online.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
People on tv say that so you'll definitely see people parrot that talking point online. That's why you hear people also saying things like he's been a model citizen off the field like most qb's aren't. Besides Winston and Vick a long time ago how many qb's or players period compared to how many there are are in serious trouble? That's why stuff like that is silly but since people on tv say that you'll hear that stuff said online.

I'm sure you are right. Seems easy to figure out that it's not so but I guess it's more convenient to just parrot the words.....

SackMaster

Reaction score
"What's better for Dak" isn't the only point of view here. Some folks are considering what's better for the Dallas Cowboys, which is also a legitimate concern. Depends on whether you're a Dak fan 1st or a Cowboys fan 1st.
Since the original question was "Could Dak be rethinking everything?", I think responding with a "Dak only point of view" was appropriate.

Now if the question was "Could the Cowboys be rethinking everything?" I would have responded from the "team only point of view".

It had absolutely nothing to do with being a "Dak fan 1st" or a "Cowboys fan 1st".
:thumbup:

SackMaster

Reaction score
Again, the thread is "Could Dak be rethinking everything?" with original post of "Within the past couple of weeks this economy has taken a tremendous hit and is not going to turnaround anytime soon. Could/Should Dak be rethinking stand on the Cowboys latest offer?????"

Not once was the Cowboys included by the OP. The question was not "Are both sides rethinking everything?" or "Could the Cowboys be rethinking everything?". So my response had nothing to do with the team side since they were not included in the original question.

As far as "sturdy", the only real risk of playing on the tag is injury. If my client was fragile like Carson Wentz, I would try to have him avoid the tag at all cost. But for a guy who has been very durable up to this point in his career, playing on the tag is less of a concern. As far as the "Top 5 money", well that was a Cowboys decision since they tagged him with the Exclusive Franchise Tag.

I hate having to point it out, but my opinion of Dak's worth, regardless if it is higher or lower than what other people think, has absolutely no bearing on the Cowboys-Dak negotiations. But the Cowboys did value him as a Top-5 paid QB, so if you have issues with that, please don't ask me what their reasoning was. I have no freaking clue.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Again, the thread is "Could Dak be rethinking everything?" with original post of "Within the past couple of weeks this economy has taken a tremendous hit and is not going to turnaround anytime soon. Could/Should Dak be rethinking stand on the Cowboys latest offer?????"

Not once was the Cowboys included by the OP. The question was not "Are both sides rethinking everything?" or "Could the Cowboys be rethinking everything?". So my response had nothing to do with the team side since they were not included in the original question.

As far as "sturdy", the only real risk of playing on the tag is injury. If my client was fragile like Carson Wentz, I would try to have him avoid the tag at all cost. But for a guy who has been very durable up to this point in his career, playing on the tag is less of a concern. As far as the "Top 5 money", well that was a Cowboys decision since they tagged him with the Exclusive Franchise Tag.

I hate having to point it out, but my opinion of Dak's worth, regardless if it is higher or lower than what other people think, has absolutely no bearing on the Cowboys-Dak negotiations. But the Cowboys did value him as a Top-5 paid QB, so if you have issues with that, please don't ask me what their reasoning was. I have no freaking clue.

Well, very last part of your post, we can agree on.

ICP

Reaction score
Rethinking lol nope, just read Ed Werder reporting a source saying Dak will become the highest paid player in NFL history. What a joke, only Jerry would be dumb enough

csirl

Reaction score
Will any teams make any big money signings from now onwards due to the current crisis? There may be no income this year. Many owners will also being losing their non football income.