Could Dak be rethinking everything?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He was offered the same contract as this guy, after the cap went up.

They're lowballing him.

Man if we watched any QBs lowlight video we would be appalled. Goff does have a Super Bowl appearence and his tds and INT numbers aren't far off Dak's. Don't know how a contract in the Goff range would be a lowball for Dak? Not like they offered him 25 a year.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Our fanbase has been irrationally ugly toward him for at least 3 years. So the threat of them turning ugly is hollow at this point.

People literally wanting to replace him with Cooper Rush the last three years. People starting threads saying we should sign Case Keenum and he'd be an improvement. People using a national emergency as an excuse to call him dumb and say he should be shamed into knowing his place and taking less.
Our fanbase has been irrationally ugly about....can be said of any player on this team so this isn't an argument

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Man if we watched any QBs lowlight video we would be appalled. Goff does have a Super Bowl appearence and his tds and INT numbers aren't far off Dak's. Don't know how a contract in the Goff range would be a lowball for Dak? Not like they offered him 25 a year.
Is this a joke? Prescott had 30 and 11 last year, Goff had 22 and 16, and that's not counting advanced passing metrics, like air yards and catchable % (of which Dak was the only QB in the NFL to be top 5).

Dak is better, by a lot, and the cap has gone up. Goff's contract is absolutely a lowball offer.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Endorsements aren't really an argument for taking a lesser salary. That's like an every day guy being told he should take less money that he should otherwise get because he lives in a town with a lot of opportunities for a weekend job to supplement his income.

I didn't say it should be. WHY do you insist on arguing things people never claim? I simply list a couple of the ads I see all the time, and that it's my opinion he doesn't get those in a market like Tampa. I made no other claim or argument.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agreed. Dak need to get paid. He's next man up. He's 26. He deserves a big payday. Why is everybody hatin on him?
not stupid, ill advised .

hes not elite, doesnt deserve market, this off season show's a new adjusted market.. he has people whispering he should demand elite market money instead of top 5 money which is still above his pay grade., YES thats what I meant and stand by it.

105 mil guaranteed is being paid well, its not disrespectful and having a long term deal that has some structure to be a little team friendly like ALL his teammates signed, is very fair..

YES thats what most believe and when he wakes up and realizes this is the truth, he will sign because Dak under the tag will have those same footsteps in his mind about dont get hurt and he wont pull it down and run I tor keep it on RPOS..i saw the mental breakdowns he had and im betting it was back of mind last season..

its fair deal for both sides and should have been done, Dak holding this up, hes the only player to not come to the middle on structure..

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I didn't say it should be. WHY do you insist on arguing things people never claim? I simply list a couple of the ads I see all the time, and that it's my opinion he doesn't get those in a market like Tampa. I made no other claim or argument.
He’s a super pro Dak fan so you know. Once you know that you’ll get used to people bringing up nonsensical arguments you never mentioned just to verify their POV.

CWR

Reaction score
Within the past couple of weeks this economy has taken a tremendous hit and is not going to turnaround anytime soon. Could/Should Dak be rethinking stand on the Cowboys latest offer?????

Im amazed he didn't sign last season tbh. He continues to roll the dice.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Within the past couple of weeks this economy has taken a tremendous hit and is not going to turnaround anytime soon. Could/Should Dak be rethinking stand on the Cowboys latest offer?????

what should he rethink ?

Hey, i am a medicore QB and i understand that nobody wants to commit on me ? You bet he wont tell anybody.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
He was offered the same contract as this guy, after the cap went up.

They're lowballing him.

Wasnt even the same contract. It was more years and less guaranteed money. Goff's contract is the floor and the Cowboys haven't even reached that yet.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Honestly I don't care and I find it strange how "downplaying" would even matter. I just do not see him in commercials very often. Just like I did not see Romo very often until after he retired.

But Dak could in every commercial and/or advertisement and I couldn't care less. He could sign for $50 million this year, eating up the rest of the cap and I couldn't care less. The Cowboys could rescind the tag while he signs with another team getting absolutely nothing for him and I couldn't care less.

The Cowboys are still going to play games and I will root for whoever is on the team. But make no mistake, football is still just a game and if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl or they go 0-16, it absolutely has no effect on the rest of my life other than than the games themselves.

So sorry for trying to give my perspective on Dak's endorsements. Obviously some experiences differ, and while I am perfectly fine with that, I have not seen the same.

Again, that may just be me.
:thumbup:

People are overestimating that endorsement money. Dak didn't even make the top 10 for endorsements and #10 only made $5 million last year. That means Dak is making less than $5 million a year from endorsements.

shabazz

Reaction score
People are losing their livelihoods these days during a deadly pandemic,and he’s demanding ridiculous money instead of signing for a mere 32 million a year. The optics are bad. He picked a bad time to be greedy.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Is this a joke? Prescott had 30 and 11 last year, Goff had 22 and 16, and that's not counting advanced passing metrics, like air yards and catchable % (of which Dak was the only QB in the NFL to be top 5).

Dak is better, by a lot, and the cap has gone up. Goff's contract is absolutely a lowball offer.

Joke? Only your notion that the offer on the table is a lowball offer. It's obviously not enough to get a deal done but a fair offer where QBs his caliber have recently gotten paid.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Joke? Only your notion that the offer on the table is a lowball offer. It's obviously not enough to get a deal done but a fair offer where QBs his caliber have recently gotten paid.
It is not fair. It is a contract signed when the cap was lower by a substantially worse player.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s certainly not a good look now for Dak turning down a huge contract when millions of people may end up losing their jobs and struggle just to feed their family.

A little perspective is needed during this time of crisis.

Does not apply. Should everyone else also take less? The pandemic, has no bearing on his business. More objectivity is needed.
Example: I work at a fulfilling job, making far less than what my skills, knowledge, abilities, and credentials warrant. It is my choice, but at any given time, I can choose to go after more, and it has nothing to do with societal issues.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Are you Dak's agent? LOL
No, but I understand that players sign bigger contracts than guys at their position who are better than them, and they certainly make more than guys that are worse.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the Goff offer is a fair deal. Not one thing.