Twitter: Could Kellen leave for Boise?

Cmac

Reaction score
If you just want him out of Dallas then he can explore any offer from any college or NFL team after the season since his contract is up here.
Yep....I want him out as the OC....but I was trying to be civil about it. I can wait until the season and contract is up, with no problem. Willing to help pack.....for free.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
All true but Boise gives him a safe environment to test his ability to run an entire program. If he truly has what it takes to be an NFL HC, we'll still see it at Boise IMO. Just me, but I think it's a great opportunity.

I don't think he sees it from Boise. I think that if you go to Boise, you have to be successful at Boise and then go to another Power 5 School that has some profile and then maybe you get a shot at the NFL. That, to me, is a problem. I think that if he can produce a good three years of production out of the Dallas Offense, I think he gets a shot somewhere in the NFL.

JMO

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
…..then that would say a whole lot.

And apparently they want him badly. I used to work in University Development, so I completely get it from the fundraising/alumni/donation aspect, but the X's and O's matter...and recruiting too.

Cmac

Reaction score
And apparently they want him badly. I used to work in University Development, so I completely get it from the fundraising/alumni/donation aspect, but the X's and O's matter...and recruiting too.
Happy for him! I'm willing to help him pack for FREE. If Nolan asked, I'd charge double.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think if Moore takes the job at Boise it will be for the very long term. This is a dream job for Moore a place he is revered. I have seen some very successful college coaches like Bobby Bowden who had no desire to coach in the NFL when he was treated like a God at FSU and there are many other legendary coaches in the college ranks as examples.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I think if Moore takes the job at Boise it will be for the very long term. This is a dream job for Moore a place he is revered. I have seen some very successful college coaches like Bobby Bowden who had no desire to coach in the NFL when he was treated like a God at FSU and there are many other legendary coaches in the college ranks as examples.
This is true. College Coach Legends are all around, and in all Divisions.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
So if he does go will he be able to finish out the season??

That'd be up to Jerry, unless Moore's contract specifies he can leave whenever he wants, when he's offered a head coaching job at Boise (or another college), so he'd have to stay if Jerry wanted him to. And I think he'd want to anyway, I'm sure he is like the players, would want to win SOMETHING, even if it's just a division title or a playoff game, let alone the extremely unlikely Super Bowl...

MaineBoy

Reaction score
LOL people hating on Kellen Moore. I think, for as young as he is, he's doing quite well as an OC.

So apparently you like offensive play calling that makes you move backwards when you’re in the red zone. No one else has ever thought of that. Highly innovative.