Twitter: Could Kellen leave for Boise?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Huge step up and much more more
But what if Boise turns hard luck and its rep is in tatters?
Bad place from which to bail if recruitment is bad. (Oh, you're the guy with the blue turf!) Beating up each year on San Jose, Nevada and Fresno State won't toughen you up, me boy! Make you flabby, son.

Jipper

Reaction score
Bad place from which to bail if recruitment is bad. (Oh, you're the guy with the blue turf!) Beating up each year on San Jose, Nevada and Fresno State won't toughen you up, me boy! Make you flabby, son.

yeah I agree....it’s a good program but not an Ohio state, Oklahoma, LSU , etc. type of program....I think he would be happy to be a hc but the oc role here has more upside

conner01

Reaction score
Any new job requires you to succeed
That’s kind of a given
If he fails then his future options are slim
But for a small school Boise recruits pretty good

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Any new job requires you to succeed
That’s kind of a given
If he fails then his future options are slim
But for a small school Boise recruits pretty good
Lets hope he gets hired and likes it there.
Jerry will get over it.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
If they take Andy Dalton too, Cowboys front office should pay the Uber fee. Definitely least and right thing Cowboys should do.
Andy would never step foot on Boise’s field. Horned Frogs hate the blue turf.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
His name was thrown out there, along with Kellen, but I dont see him ever coaching again after he retired.

He didnt like being a celebrity here, and as far Washington goes, he went to washington because they have professional sports besides College Football, and he could blend in more.

I remember him mentioning not having to worry about the phone ringing because some kid did something stupid, and finally being able to live at his own pace when he retired.
Why would any coach resign from a top 15 Power 5 program to go back to being a Group of 5 coach?

While I agree it would be a step down and I do not believe for a second he would come back, to play devil's advocate, I think he had as much success (if not more) being HC at Boise State than he ever did in Washington. Boise State was constantly in the top 25, always in the conversation, and played everybody the NCAA put on their schedule well when Pete was here. While he did fine in Washington, and had a better platform, I'm not sure it was quite "grass is greener". He was 92-12 in Boise and 55-26 in Seattle. Plus, he was pretty much worshiped around Boise. lol

Those were some great times as a Boise State fan. :cool:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
While I agree it would be a step down and I do not believe for a second he would come back, to play devil's advocate, I think he had as much success (if not more) being HC at Boise State than he ever did in Washington. Boise State was constantly in the top 25, always in the conversation, and played everybody the NCAA put on their schedule well when Pete was here. While he did fine in Washington, and had a better platform, I'm not sure it was quite "grass is greener". He was 92-12 in Boise and 55-26 in Seattle. Plus, he was pretty much worshiped around Boise. lol

Those were some great times as a Boise State fan. :cool:
He had a top 10 team last year in the Pac 12. That’s better than 98/100 undefeated seasons he could ever have at Boise given the rigged system the CFP has created. I’m all for G5 equity which doesn’t exist and won’t until there’s expanded playoffs. The death of the BCS killed the G5 teams. As a TCU fan, if you went undefeated you had a chance in the MWC.

Now being a G5 school you might as well play in the FCS. Petersen wouldn’t have left a top 10 program for that.

This is probably the biggest reason Kellen wouldn’t leave for Boise. No matter how well he does it will always been viewed through a smaller prism. Unless it’s his dream job.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Of course Kellen would consider it and of course Boise would consider Kellen.
He is the king of Boise St so the fans would be over the moon.
It is a really good job because they play a schedule they can handle yearly.
He's not being dropped into the SEC West.
Financially he'd get at least a small raise to coach Boise in a super cheap cost of living state.

All that said he's on the NFL fast track to a 5m a year head coaching job.
The Cowboys offense was rated top of the league with Dak healthy and doing that with a long playoff run makes him the top coaching candidate on the market the next off-season..

Would be rather go coach the Bears or Boise St? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Cmac

Reaction score
Boise would do it alone for the donations from boosters that would come flooding in for the first 4 years. Kellens a marketing money bag for them.
I'm hoping he explores or entertains any conversation about being the HC there.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I'm hoping he explores or entertains any conversation about being the HC there.
If you just want him out of Dallas then he can explore any offer from any college or NFL team after the season since his contract is up here.