Twitter: Could Kellen leave for Boise?

Gaede

Reaction score
If he was QB coach stuck behind someone who was getting all the credit as OC, you could see this move. But, otherwise, huge step down for a young guy.

Obviously, the NFL is the top place to be. But head coach for a college team is a step up from OC of an NFL team.

conner01

Reaction score
I just looked up Boise State HC salary. Boise pays pretty well, $1.85M for 2021 and $1.95M for 2022. Yeah, that is a lot of money. I guess he could easily take that job if offered.
I’d take it lol
But money aside it’s a great opportunity for someone who loves coaching
If you succeed you get twice that much by moving to a bigger school or a shot at the nfl
Coaching is hard work and if I was a former player I’d pass on coaching but for some they love coaching
I think Lee would be a good coach
He just seems to be a very smart player and if he can teach he could be good

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If Moore wants to leave I would shake his hand and wish him well. Even though he's a promising young OC he has been overmatched about a dozen times against good DCs. That's too many for my tastes. Yeah it's nice that he can scheme up 35 points against chumps.. but I need him to at least scheme me up 20 points against champs.. Great players can roll chump teams with very little help.. Where they need help is against good defenses and smart DCs.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
why would you go backwards when Jerry has money. No cap on coaches. He is a better coach than he was a player..he stays.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would like to see him take that job, he is better suited to be HC in college than in nfl.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Obviously, the NFL is the top place to be. But head coach for a college team is a step up from OC of an NFL team.

Not really. How many college HCs move to NFL hc? Few. How many OC do? A bunch

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Kellen Moore will do whatever his heart tells him to. Whether or not he remains with Dallas remains to be seen. I'm not especially impressed with what he's done for them, although, more experience could be a positive thing for him to improve himself. I wouldn't be at all disappointed, in the least, if he left for Boise State to be employed in any capacity. His inexperience was obvious in 2020. His play calls for the running game were, far too often, clueless.

Last edited:

mathew1184

Reaction score
any rumors about Petersen returning in either role?
His name was thrown out there, along with Kellen, but I dont see him ever coaching again after he retired.

He didnt like being a celebrity here, and as far Washington goes, he went to washington because they have professional sports besides College Football, and he could blend in more.

I remember him mentioning not having to worry about the phone ringing because some kid did something stupid, and finally being able to live at his own pace when he retired.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
His name was thrown out there, along with Kellen, but I dont see him ever coaching again after he retired.

He didnt like being a celebrity here, and as far Washington goes, he went to washington because they have professional sports besides College Football, and he could blend in more.

I remember him mentioning not having to worry about the phone ringing because some kid did something stupid, and finally being able to live at his own pace when he retired.
Why would any coach resign from a top 15 Power 5 program to go back to being a Group of 5 coach?

mathew1184

Reaction score
Why would any coach resign from a top 15 Power 5 program to go back to being a Group of 5 coach?

I think that's the part the talking heads and idiots calling into the radio shows are missing.
Coach Pete will most likely never coach again, and if he does, wont be here.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I predicted that this might happen because right now, we have been hearing that both Garrett and McC had/have a say so on some things regarding the offense.

His best route is to be a HC in college to show that he is capable to be in control of a team/program.