Twitter: Could the Cowboys give Keanu Neal a shot?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Good post!

Yes, I'm in on signing Keanu, and he's definitely on Quinn's radar. Also, Neal is a SS that can move to Nickel LB on passing downs to add more coverage n speed.

Anytime you can add a dawg to a soft defense, you do that ish.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Isn't he more of a box guy? We need a center fielder.
IS that what "we" need or is that what Quinn needs? I'm genuinely asking...if I Were him I wouldn't want anyone from my old team but its natural for guys to do it....Neal seems like a candidate for that.

Mr_437

Reaction score
IS that what "we" need or is that what Quinn needs? I'm genuinely asking...if I Were him I wouldn't want anyone from my old team but its natural for guys to do it....Neal seems like a candidate for that.
Ask yourself would Quinn "trust" Neal over anybody playing Safety for Dallas last year?

1st round talent at SS vs 6th round talent at SS?

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
Maybe on a vet min deal to compete with Wilson, but if we go into the season with last year's Falcons secondary we're screwed.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
As do I..but I don’t know if it’s enough for me to say his job is safe.
Nah it doesn't have to be safe. I just guarantee Wilson would beat him out badly in a fair competition. Like bad. Neal is just a name.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The talk about the cap and not having money is tired and not true. Basically with Dak's deal we are out of cap space. But simple restructures to guys that will likely play out their contracts or be here for at least 2-3 years can be done in order to go all in. These are almost guaranteed to happen.

Tank restructure - adds 12m cap space
Zack restructure - 7.4m
Collins restructure - 5.6m

Next most likely
Amari Cooper - 14m
Tyron Smith - 7m
Anthony Brown - 1.6m
Blake Jarwin - 1.6m

Possible but not likely:
Zeke - 6.9m
Jaylon - 5m

Cuts
C. Jones - 2m
G. Zeurlein - 2.1m
D. Thompson - 1.1m
C. Williams - 2.4m (not happening but there is a $$$$ savings...is he that much better than McGovern?)

That is over 68m that can be secured if needed. I would bet on the Tank, Zack and Collins deals, maybe Jarwin and Brown and the cuts of C.Jones and D. Thompson for sure. That is over 31m in space. Which easily will cover the rookie pool and cap hits for two impact free agents.

There are a bunch of other backups that could be cut with savings from 700k to 1m.