Twitter: Could the Cowboys give Keanu Neal a shot?

Carson

Reaction score
Personally I think Wilson's ability to play FS is being underrated. I mean, he really finally got his chance to play last year and the coaching was brutal. The kid seems like a ballhawk to me. If I brought in Neal, I'd move Wilson to FS and let Neal take over at SS.

I don’t think Wilson would make a better FS. He’s able to read and react quickly to routes and jump them.

Playing center field is completely different. Certain people do well at it, while others do not. Look at guys like Malik Hooker. Superb playing center field ... not good when asked to cover.

Wilson is amazing and reading the play quickly and making a play on it. Asking him to stay 20 yards deep, read the QBs eyes and then disrupt the pass is very different.

SS is much easier to fill as they are asked to cover less ground and aren’t exposed as much if they do. That’s why there are only a handful of successful FS

817Gill

Reaction score
He came back with a good year last year, but he isnt the guy they drafted. He is pretty much a run down SS and passing down LB. We can find some use for that as long as you are paying a very reasonable amount.

Replacing Wilson with Neal at SS on passing downs would be a huge mistake. And you would still need an FS. For me, adding Neal would help the defense. But it doesn't fix the safety position. I know that probably sounds strange lol
Great analysis

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well you better do it the next 4 years and try to win because you just gave your QB the money

Your head coach has 4 more years on his deal.

Also your highest paid and what is supposed to be most talented players are within that span and would have a lot of dead cap if cut in between.

Amari 4 years left on his deal.

Demarcus Lawrence another 2 years but 3 years of pay on the books with restructure money.

Ezekiel Elliot 5 more years but 4 with dead cap.

Zack Martin 3 more years.

Tyron Smith 2 more years and 3 with restructure money being paid.

La’el Collins 3 more years.

Jaylon Smith 4 more years (Bad deal).

So there it is. We need 2 starters every year in the draft and 2 to 3 valuable contributors a season through FA with this current core every season being infused otherwise competing for Superbowls is just marketing.

Dark also needs to be playing full seasons which he has shown to do.
We can re-tool our defence this offseason. We need to hit on draft picks. Which we did well at last year. 4 starters in 4 rounds.