Twitter: Could the Cowboys give Keanu Neal a shot?

Loso86

Reaction score
Right. You don't stop cause you got 1 guy playing decent. I like Wilson and Neal better than:
Wilson/Kazzee, Wilson/Hooker, Wilson/Gipson.

Nobody on the defense is irreplaceable, and new coaching staff means you have to prove yourself over again... y'all want to hand ppl starting spots then look stupid when they underperform.
. Definitely agree, but I still believe with Jerry's age and new staff. This covid offseason. We will see 1 or 2 meaningful FA additions and a bomb *** Draft. We will be in the NFC championship game

Bowdown27

Reaction score
. Definitely agree, but I still believe with Jerry's age and new staff. This covid offseason. We will see 1 or 2 meaningful FA additions and a bomb *** Draft. We will be in the NFC championship game
Love the positivity. I hope we do get in on a Tomlinson and some secondary help.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Will he play for free? That’s about what we can afford now.
we can actually sign him at a max deal if we so choose. We just wouldnt be able to do much after that in free agency. But as it stands, we have enough to grab a couple really good players. We could go sign a guy like Kyle Van Noy like Weds. He was released by Miami in a stunner. Hes just 28 I think.SB winner and a very good linebacker, team Captain for New England during the SB runs. We could sign him for 1 or 2 years easily.SO Kyle Van Noy and I would seriously see about getting Richard Sherman on a 1 year deal. My wish list is Tomlinson from NYG. ;Likely wants too much.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think it's imperative that they get 2 defensive starters in FA.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I like him as a player but he seems to have a hard time staying on the field.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Isn't he more of a box guy? We need a center fielder.
Neal would be in a LB position on most passing downs and Wilson would be at SS. Im guessing thats where they would play on roughly half the defensive snaps

We would still need a FS. Wilson would probably play there on run downs. But if im right about how many snaps you would have Neal at LB and Wilson at SS, you need to find a FS to play about half the snaps. Could be a good spot for a draft pick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nah it doesn't have to be safe. I just guarantee Wilson would beat him out badly in a fair competition. Like bad. Neal is just a name.
He came back with a good year last year, but he isnt the guy they drafted. He is pretty much a run down SS and passing down LB. We can find some use for that as long as you are paying a very reasonable amount.

Replacing Wilson with Neal at SS on passing downs would be a huge mistake. And you would still need an FS. For me, adding Neal would help the defense. But it doesn't fix the safety position. I know that probably sounds strange lol

mardwin

Reaction score
Good post!

Yes, I'm in on signing Keanu, and he's definitely on Quinn's radar. Also, Neal is a SS that can move to Nickel LB on passing downs to add more coverage n speed.

Anytime you can add a dawg to a soft defense, you do that ish.

SS wasn't the issue, Wilson played pretty well last season. A FS with range is what we are lacking. This team loves to do things backwards.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If this organization would somehow see fit to invest in a promising free safety, we'd have a legit chance to improve our defense! :angry:
Since it's highly unlikely there's an inclination to hire a competent veteran FS, wouldn't a promising draft pick prove worthwhile? :grin:

Last edited:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Ok great. Let's kick the can down the road again.

Well you better do it the next 4 years and try to win because you just gave your QB the money

Your head coach has 4 more years on his deal.

Also your highest paid and what is supposed to be most talented players are within that span and would have a lot of dead cap if cut in between.

Amari 4 years left on his deal.

Demarcus Lawrence another 2 years but 3 years of pay on the books with restructure money.

Ezekiel Elliot 5 more years but 4 with dead cap.

Zack Martin 3 more years.

Tyron Smith 2 more years and 3 with restructure money being paid.

La’el Collins 3 more years.

Jaylon Smith 4 more years (Bad deal).

So there it is. We need 2 starters every year in the draft and 2 to 3 valuable contributors a season through FA with this current core every season being infused otherwise competing for Superbowls is just marketing.

Dark also needs to be playing full seasons which he has shown to do.

Gaede

Reaction score
Hard to say when the defense sucks at all three levels. IMO they need to add play makers where ever they can and scheme to their strengths.

This is the correct answer. We should be signing just about anybody we can. A guy like Darian Thompson should never see the field again

Not only is the defense short in talent, it's also short on numbers. You all remember some of the names we started last year? I don't. That's how bad they were.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have already been told by cowboy management that they will not be players for top tier free agents.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Personally I think Wilson's ability to play FS is being underrated. I mean, he really finally got his chance to play last year and the coaching was brutal. The kid seems like a ballhawk to me. If I brought in Neal, I'd move Wilson to FS and let Neal take over at SS.